Subject: "Shapeshift Idea" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #910
Show all folders

OddjobWed 30-Apr-03 01:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#910, "Shapeshift Idea"

Considering how if a shapeshifter person attacks a cabal now they shout over CB tells who the identity is I think its feasible to think that a shifted person can still be recognised. When you try and send a tell to someone who is shifted, even though you can now see them on 'who' you get a "They are not there" message, when in fact they are.

I propose that shifters be able to HEAR tells sent to them but of course not respond because, well animals dont talk and havent talked since college when I did mushrooms..er...anyway. If a shifted person is on 'who' they are clearly there and therefore should be able to hear what you say, animals can hear.

Also off topic. SYlvan Strengthen works on 'natural' material items. I think FUR and even GEM should be able to be strengthened. Both are as natural as it gets. Fur is no less natural then leather or dragonscale. Gem comes from the earth and other then it being cut with angles its unchanged.

Just my .01

------------------------

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SabieneThu 08-May-03 01:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#963, "RE: Shapeshift Idea"
In response to Reply #0

>Considering how if a shapeshifter person attacks a cabal now
>they shout over CB tells who the identity is I think its
>feasible to think that a shifted person can still be
>recognised. When you try and send a tell to someone who is
>shifted, even though you can now see them on 'who' you get a
>"They are not there" message, when in fact they are.
>
>I propose that shifters be able to HEAR tells sent to them but
>of course not respond because, well animals dont talk and
>havent talked since college when I did mushrooms..er...anyway.
>If a shifted person is on 'who' they are clearly there and
>therefore should be able to hear what you say, animals can
>hear.

The way I see it, cabal guardians have unique training given their eternal vigilance that allows them to figure out exactly who is attacking. The average PC does not: the issue with a shifted person not getting a tell is that the sender is trying to send out a telepathic call to the shifted person, and well, they aren't there, a (given animal) is, and that's not the same thing. It isn't that the animalform can't hear, it's that the sender can't get it to them.

The only possible exception to this I could understand is if another shapeshifter was sending the tell, since they'd have enough familiarity with the dichotomy between humanform and animalform to make the mind-link.

- Sabs

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #910 Previous topic | Next topic