Subject: "On healers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7654
Show all folders

WilhathFri 04-Mar-05 06:08 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7654, "On healers"

1) Could create food be changed to put the bread in the healer's hands? Having to get your group leader to stop so you can pick up your bread can be a pain and I'm not sure there's any real game balance issue.

2) It doesn't make sense to me that thornheart is healable and spores is not. One is a thorn growing in your heart, the other is spores growing in your brain. Make the curability uniform one way or the other? Probably in the direction of thornheart uncurable without healing sleep...that's fine....the world needs more druids.

3) Make it possible to increase the effectiveness of cures/heals by pouring more mana into them? You quickly get tired of spamming "com 'cure poi' nabburak" when he eats a fillet and gets poisoned. I'd rather double the mana and only have to do it once or twice.

4) Fix gate such that gating to a "lion" takes you to the nearest lion, be it PC or NPC? Generally make gating to a shapeshifter sensible. Sucks when you know they're somewhere regening in their regen form and you can't for the life of you gate to them.

5) And the BIG ONE. Give healers more "mass" prayers. Mass fly, mass sanc, mass bless, mass frenzy, etc. Do what you will with mana costs, just please streamline the process of preparing your group.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: On healers, Isengrim, 16-Mar-05 10:00 PM, #6
Reply RE: On healers, nepenthe, 08-Mar-05 01:30 AM, #5
Reply RE: On healers, Valguarnera, 05-Mar-05 11:04 AM, #4
Reply RE: On healers, Isildur, 04-Mar-05 09:03 PM, #2
Reply I really just wanted the cures upped. Hence the example..., Wilhath, 04-Mar-05 09:10 PM, #3
Reply RE: On healers, Larshalv, 04-Mar-05 07:39 PM, #1

IsengrimWed 16-Mar-05 10:00 PM
Member since 17th Aug 2003
47 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7878, "RE: On healers"
In response to Reply #0

In my opinion, and ive played healers for quite sometime and rather effectively at that. Healers "need" nothing, a well played healer is a juggernaut. As long as you arent in it to rack up pk's. That being said I wouldnt mind seeing some new nifty sups or skills for healers just for the heck of it. That could really be my only complaint about healers, they get boring real fast, so new tricks just to pep them up would be fun.

Not that im getting much mud time in any more. So the whole post is moot.

Much Love
Parv

nepentheTue 08-Mar-05 01:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7688, "RE: On healers"
In response to Reply #0

>2) It doesn't make sense to me that thornheart is healable and
>spores is not. One is a thorn growing in your heart, the other
>is spores growing in your brain. Make the curability uniform
>one way or the other? Probably in the direction of thornheart
>uncurable without healing sleep...that's fine....the world
>needs more druids.

I'm 90% sure both of these spells have identical curing conditions for everything that can/can't cure them, FYI, though both are very, very hard with anything short of HS in a healer's arsenal.

ValguarneraSat 05-Mar-05 11:04 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7662, "RE: On healers"
In response to Reply #0

5) And the BIG ONE. Give healers more "mass" prayers. Mass fly, mass sanc, mass bless, mass frenzy, etc. Do what you will with mana costs, just please streamline the process of preparing your group.

The reason that we didn't do that with the defensive spells for transmuters was that it streamlines getting a large gang coordinated. We used primarily offensive spells instead there, because they gain more utility as the transmuter faces larger numbers of foes.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

IsildurFri 04-Mar-05 09:03 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7656, "RE: On healers"
In response to Reply #0

>3) Make it possible to increase the effectiveness of
>cures/heals by pouring more mana into them? You quickly get
>tired of spamming "com 'cure poi' nabburak" when he eats a
>fillet and gets poisoned. I'd rather double the mana and only
>have to do it once or twice.

This would be unbalanced. Dude is at 50hp and getting the tar kicked out of him. You blow your wad and heal him up to 1200hp. He then absorbs 900hp of damage in the next round, flees, quaffs. That seem fair to you?

WilhathFri 04-Mar-05 09:10 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
#7657, "I really just wanted the cures upped. Hence the example..."
In response to Reply #2

Poor choice to include the more general "heals" in there.

LarshalvFri 04-Mar-05 07:39 PM
96 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7655, "RE: On healers"
In response to Reply #0

1: food. This is bad incase you actually have your hands full, good if your underwater. Or walking. Pain if your making food for another.
2: Thornheart and spores I aggrea wholeheartedly in you on that point. Make it ither way, allow cleanse to have a minor chance of curing them perhaps.
3: Stonger cures... bad bad idea. Healers with another is extreemly powerfull in the way they are. And them fillets as you put it are quite a high rank spell.
4: Gating is powerfull as it is. They are not meant to be killing machines. A strongsuit of shapeshifters is their ability to be able to be hard to target at times.
5: Mass spells I only see the transmuter having. Mass sanc... *drool* The only one I could see work is a mass blessing spell. Or a chant bless .

A new point or not, healers with lagging equipment is quite powerfull, a defending healer is extreemly powerfull, heck fighting the empire with a healer present makes raiding extreemly difficult, much moreso than any other cabal. Healers in themselves could perhaps gain some supplications a bit earlier, and get some that are special for their faith. That is something I would enjoy seeing. Spells according to sphere/faith. Toss inn one or two at the final ranks. Heck you are actually a high priest of some GOD... or DIETY if you prefer that.

Just my few cents
LH

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7654 Previous topic | Next topic