Subject: "Shifters and gate" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7455
Show all folders

Vinson WentzellTue 22-Feb-05 08:39 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2005
8 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7455, "Shifters and gate"

Think it would be possible to make it such that you can gate to people in form using their name? Obviously you wouldn't be able to gate into the air after air forms or underwater, but if you can gate to them while they're in form using the form name why not their actual name. Make it a whole lot easier for me to hunt/kill anathema shapeshifters. *wink*

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No, Zulghinlour, 24-Feb-05 03:56 PM, #6
Reply Or target any skill/spell/power. Yeah! NT, Vinson Wentzell, 22-Feb-05 09:06 PM, #1
     Reply One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that the..., Tirach, 23-Feb-05 04:40 AM, #2
          Reply RE: One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that..., Isildur, 23-Feb-05 03:29 PM, #3
               Reply RE: One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that..., Java, 23-Feb-05 03:42 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that..., Isildur, 23-Feb-05 09:17 PM, #5

ZulghinlourThu 24-Feb-05 03:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7505, "No"
In response to Reply #0

>Think it would be possible to make it such that you can gate
>to people in form using their name? Obviously you wouldn't be
>able to gate into the air after air forms or underwater, but
>if you can gate to them while they're in form using the form
>name why not their actual name. Make it a whole lot easier for
>me to hunt/kill anathema shapeshifters. *wink*

This is exactly part of the design of shapeshifters. If there are three lions in the area, 2 are on your team and one is an enemy, you had better come up with some tactics to make sure that you are attacking the right lion.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Vinson WentzellTue 22-Feb-05 09:06 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2005
8 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7457, "Or target any skill/spell/power. Yeah! NT"
In response to Reply #0

no texties

TirachWed 23-Feb-05 04:40 AM
Member since 26th Feb 2004
115 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#7460, "One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that the..."
In response to Reply #1

One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that they can cycle through forms and what not to be able to confuse a summoner or the like. Its not like they have many perks as is.

Take away this and one of the last strengths of the shifter is taken away. I know it makes things better for you, but anyhow you allso have to think about the one in the other end, game balance and playbility in general.

Its allmost like saying make gate or what not work on hidden thieves so you go there even if you can't see them when they are hidden.. Just because you know their name.

My 5.

IsildurWed 23-Feb-05 03:29 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7464, "RE: One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that..."
In response to Reply #2

Good point. Though, I think some other skills (bind nightgaunt) work off the shifter's name, even when he's in form. So there may be a precedent for having gate work the same way.

JavaWed 23-Feb-05 03:42 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#7465, "RE: One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that..."
In response to Reply #3

That, or a precedent for changing gaunts.

IsildurWed 23-Feb-05 09:17 PM
5969 posts
#7477, "RE: One of the few perks shifters have is the fact that..."
In response to Reply #4

I think gaunts used to not work that way, i.e. you couldn't gaunt a shifted shifter, but were changed to allow it. This was when shifted shifters didn't show up on the "who" list.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7455 Previous topic | Next topic