Subject: "PWK" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74397
Show all folders

NecroTrib (Anonymous)Sat 05-Dec-20 11:41 PM
Charter member
#74397, "PWK"

I think PWK should be considered for removal from PCs. Necros have plenty in their arsenal as it is. It encourages pretty douchey behavior from players.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bumblebeetuna (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-20 10:48 AM
Charter member
#74415, "RE: PWK"
In response to Reply #0

I don't think pwk is the issue, but pwk and all the other crap they have is. So I agree in some ways with the original post.

Why do they have so much?

It seems very odd and out of place for a character class to have more then 1 insta kill. 1 through self cast, pwk, 1 through banshee and another free win from a mob that casts hold.

I may be wrong about some things since I haven't played one in 20 years. I've seen enough from them the past 2-3 years though.

I remember tesseracting to shokai and pwking him in the forest of nowhere. It was fun full looting him with my zombies (I gave his gear back).

I had to actually type that and do it. c 'power work kill' shokai. So I can look at pwk and say to myself ok it should stay, but that is only because it involves player input. Its low success and has risk. I guess it has more risk now?! I don't know...does it? I recall getting smacked pretty good when it failed.

SKills/spells that require player input/command and time to pull off are usually ok in my book. It is a pvp game after all. What erks me...Is mobs that make some classes super OP. Necros and even druids suffer from this.

Banshee and other the mob that can hold players. Why do they have access to this type of pet?

This gives the player class a second insta kill ability. It also requires no player input during combat.

If it was an order pet cast/invoke pet ability with 2, 3 or 4 rounds of lag. massive energy cost. it would be one thing. That's not the case though... Its a free cast from the mob. Correct me if I am wrong.

Why doesn't the banshee scream affect all who hear it? Seems more fitting.. Why is the necros group immune? Its ultimately a scream or audible noise. Its not a directed spell cast. Dunno am I over thinking it? Regardless why do they have a second insta kill?

Is there any risk to the necro for the extra power? No? Is there any real cost to them, no.

I have been held/killed and then insta killed in the same day by 2 diff necros. I only play 1 character. % chance to happen doesn't seem that low...

It is something that requires no skill, no input..nothing from the player with the mob. It is free win mode for them if it lands.I have more issue with those 2 mobs then pwk.

Do I need to bring up the sleep maledict, summon, energy drain deaths?ok sure..

Its also a character class with summon, sleep, blind, poison, scourge and energy drain... tons of other fun stuff like vamp touch and a whole bunch of fun crap if they hit 51 and don't die from their quest.

Lets talk about pets...

Group of 5-6 undead pets at their disposal who usually land at least 1-2 hits a round in a pvp fight(total hits from all mobs, not 2 each a mob. though I've seen that). Lot of free damage and rescues...

One might argue it takes time to collect em all, or its hard to keep em together. Doesn't seem like it to me.

Lets talk about this class being able to solo raid cabals. This character class can solo raid inner guardians at level 40... Nuff said.

Do I need to go into, liches, mummies etc etc?!?! No thanks... I'm tired.

Can't tell me something is not wrong with the character class as a whole.

On the positive side.

I'm glad its here to play, it brings back lots of fond memories and created new ones, but I don't expect it to ever be a balanced game.

Have a good holiday and be safe!

Assassin Baron (Anonymous)Tue 08-Dec-20 04:07 AM
Charter member
#74400, "ASSASSINATE"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 08-Dec-20 04:07 AM

I think ASSASSINATE should be considered for removal from PCs. Assassins have plenty in their arsenal as it is. It encourages pretty douchey behavior from players.

rex spanglerTue 08-Dec-20 08:31 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2018
95 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74401, "Have you ever tried to pull of an assassination?"
In response to Reply #1

It isn't easy. It's always has a significant failure rate. Sometimes failure means almost certain death. Also, I think assassinate is much easier to avoid than bash/flurry/bat/flyto-murder/etc. I haven't run into many douchey assassins, but that's a data pool of 1.

I also don't think PWK needs changing. I haven't played a necro in a long time, but I remember it being pretty rare to kill and coming with a decent timer. If you're really worried about it, through on some extra saves when the PWK necro is in range. Again, easier to avoid than bash/flurry/bat/flyto-murder/etc.

I think I've been assassinated 2-3 times in ~1.5 decades. I don't think I've ever died to PWK. I've been bashed to death dozens of times. I've been flurried to death in the double digits. I have had practically instant death from snare and ambush more than assassinate or PWK. I feel like the small chance of death to either of these skills adds to the excitement game, just like bash/flurry/bat/flyto-murder/etc.

Carrion Fields!
By what name do you wish to be mourned?

JormyrTue 08-Dec-20 11:44 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74402, "I would assume he's mocking the original poster."
In response to Reply #2

In essence, extrapolating the first post to further similarly themed conclusions.

Personally, I think they're both just fine. PWK has a huge mana cost,
and is reasonably defended through saves for the most part. Assassinate
has an assortment of strategies for defense with varying levels of
success.

rex spanglerWed 09-Dec-20 05:11 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2018
95 posts
#74403, "Jokes! I get jokes!"
In response to Reply #3

I read them a few days apart. I now see the similarities.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74397 Previous topic | Next topic