Subject: "Idea: anti-paladin's weapon destruction" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74358
Show all folders

Itz (Anonymous)Sun 08-Nov-20 04:10 AM
Charter member
#74358, "Idea: anti-paladin's weapon destruction"

After Modasien's defeat, I came to the idea that their superweapons shouldn't be so easy to destroy. Snatching then opens a lot of interesting RP opportunities, too, and they deserve a chance to get it back (instead of just delete/delete).

So, how about two things:
1. Cooldown that activates after AP's death. While it's active, weapon cannot be destroyed. Long enough for AP to grab a basic gear and give it a try;
2. A special place where their weapon may be destroyed. Dropped into the volcano, sacrificed on some holy altar, etc. So AP would know where to intercept an enemy who carry his weapon;
3. Other characters cannot quit with the weapon. If they do, it returns to the AP, or goes to the temple's pit in AP's hometown.

Yes yes, I know, coding.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bad ideas, all of them, Shitty AP (Anonymous), 26-Nov-20 04:05 PM, #8
Reply RE: Idea: anti-paladin's weapon destruction, ordasen, 10-Nov-20 07:14 PM, #7
Reply Are you an active character? nt, Cointreau, 08-Nov-20 09:37 PM, #6
Reply RE: Idea: anti-paladin's weapon destruction, Jhyrbian, 08-Nov-20 09:13 AM, #2
Reply Clarification:, Itz (Anonymous), 08-Nov-20 10:04 AM, #3
Reply RE: Clarification:, Jhyrbian, 08-Nov-20 03:32 PM, #4
Reply I don't get it..., k-b, 08-Nov-20 09:08 PM, #5
Reply Disagree. Unholy weapons are high risk/high reward. Nt, jalbrin, 08-Nov-20 05:19 AM, #1

Shitty AP (Anonymous)Thu 26-Nov-20 04:05 PM
Charter member
#74382, "Bad ideas, all of them"
In response to Reply #0

Note that I'm against reducing vault lag and I said so in the other thread.

I'm also against all of the changes that you propose here, they suck big time. Most APs never build the kind of weapons that would command this sort of time investment on the part of the non-AP players. They would at least partly divert the game from cabal wars to AP weapon wars. So they suck from both a gameplay and a RP pov.

ordasenTue 10-Nov-20 07:14 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74365, "RE: Idea: anti-paladin's weapon destruction"
In response to Reply #0

It does seem to be a very common theme with AP's going all the way back since Unholy was introduced. A little less back then since you had tons more players to build it back up, and a pool of AP's to steal their weapon and leech. However I do agree that unholy weapons are high risk/high reward. Also to be fair I have never gotten an AP up to unholy so take the thought with a grain of salt.

However the idea/suggestion I have would be something like "Blood(Or Soul) Sacrifice. An AP could sacrifice a piece of his soul and imbue a weapon with a bit of his OWN soul. This would make you lose your top tier control down to the level below. This could be perm, or just require them to build it back up with PK kills. Also, the cavaet would be if THIS weapon is destroyed, you now lose 1 or 2 con since it was a piece of your own soul.

Just thoughts, to make it not as horrible and a path to jump start back up since it would be hard to get 30-40 kills at hero with a lower player base

CointreauSun 08-Nov-20 09:37 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74364, "Are you an active character? nt"
In response to Reply #0

Nt

JhyrbianSun 08-Nov-20 09:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74360, "RE: Idea: anti-paladin's weapon destruction"
In response to Reply #0

with how hard it is to play an AP, I really, really like these ideas.

Itz (Anonymous)Sun 08-Nov-20 10:04 AM
Charter member
#74361, "Clarification:"
In response to Reply #2

I never ever played an AP. I have no idea if it is hard, but I see very FEW successful AP's in the game. And no, I do not plan to play an AP in foreseeble future. So this is a pure althruism in this idea. I do not like to see a cool characters deleting after losing their weapon. Though, as mentioned below, "high rewards = high price", I think they deserve at least a chance to retrieve something that they have invested 100-200-300 hours of their REAL lives.

JhyrbianSun 08-Nov-20 03:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74362, "RE: Clarification:"
In response to Reply #3

I would even be in favour of the AP having to bargain with a demon for the power to make an unholy weapon and having it need empowerment like immteraction.

k-bSun 08-Nov-20 09:08 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74363, "I don't get it..."
In response to Reply #2

Am I the only one who find AP's EXTREMELY difficult to fight against? I know they can be killed easily if you catch them off guard, or if they are played by a noob, but mostly they are played by vets.

I find them one of the hardest classes to fight against, and I don't understand how you find them difficult to play. With their ability to do the whole c 'sleep', flee, c 'sleep', flee, c 'sleep' thing, they are extremely dangerous. Especially with vault which is basically a death sentence in the mid ranks. And the lower numbers only help with that.

Maybe you only mean at hero? I guess at hero it gets harder, but in the mid ranks they are damn-near unstoppable when played by someone competent.

I'm sure there are some exceptions. A Maran could cause them some trouble. Maybe a strong rager. But other than that, an AP should probably be the favorite in a 1 on 1 situation. I'm not sure how that translates to being 'hard to play'.

Maybe I'm looking at it from a vet's prospective. But I find AP's to be a bit on the OP side. If anything, I would be in favor of toning them down a bit. I think their 'sleep' spell shouldn't be nearly as effective as it is. But that's just my opinion.

I'm curious why you find them 'hard to play'? I'm genuinely curious.

jalbrinSun 08-Nov-20 05:19 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#74359, "Disagree. Unholy weapons are high risk/high reward. Nt"
In response to Reply #0

Nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74358 Previous topic | Next topic