Subject: "2 Suggestions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74321
Show all folders

ArtificialWed 23-Sep-20 07:29 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74321, "2 Suggestions"

1- I would like a way to use carve to leave as offerings in a shrine.
2- in relation to the suggestion for a death phrase, I would like something (or a random list of somethings) I could say when landing a killing blow.
e.g. the game knows this attack is the last one thatll kill em, so it says "go serve my dark lord in hell" or "by fire be purged" etc etc. Extra flavor.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: 2 Suggestions, lasentia, 28-Sep-20 11:53 AM, #5
Reply RE: 2 Suggestions, Ishuli, 28-Sep-20 10:25 AM, #3
Reply RE: 2 Suggestions, Necro (Anonymous), 28-Sep-20 11:45 AM, #4
     Reply RE: 2 Suggestions, Ishuli, 28-Sep-20 12:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: 2 Suggestions, Igsoeh, 28-Sep-20 08:48 AM, #2
Reply RE: 2 Suggestions, Rahsael, 24-Sep-20 08:20 PM, #1

lasentiaMon 28-Sep-20 11:53 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74326, "RE: 2 Suggestions"
In response to Reply #0

It does?
I didn't know that.
I just assumed it went through the normal progression of if the attack lands, then calculates damage, which then creates the echo if the person dies, and if not goes to the next attack.
So how would it insert a say prior to the attack until it knows the attack has killed the person, in a way the person to be killed sees it.

I mean, I like the idea, and I think that would be very cool to see, but would this be viable based on how it all works. Maybe since it all happens so fast it would not really be as difficult to do as I think.

IshuliMon 28-Sep-20 10:25 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74324, "RE: 2 Suggestions"
In response to Reply #0

No objections to either.

1 - Butcher allows this, but clearly not available for most classes. Also imms don't know when you've dropped stuff in a shrine in general - unless you pray. And even if you pray, but a reboot goes by or something, we won't see it regardless.

2 - Sounds cool. Obviously requires some policing, but if it's done as a 'granted' things like lastnames, that solves that issue. Otherwise could restrict it like shapeshifter emotes or the like.

Either way, both are fun ideas. Nice job.

Necro (Anonymous)Mon 28-Sep-20 11:45 AM
Charter member
#74325, "RE: 2 Suggestions"
In response to Reply #3

How about logging events at the shrines? I've been sure you watch what you've missed. So many hours of RP wasted for nothing, doh 😅

IshuliMon 28-Sep-20 12:58 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
#74327, "RE: 2 Suggestions"
In response to Reply #4

If an immortal is not online, they aren't going to see what you leave or do in their shrine. They can see prays or notes.

If you're lucky and another immortal is on, the other immortal may notice and be able to tell the imm what they missed.

Such is how it is for now
-ish

IgsoehMon 28-Sep-20 08:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
200 posts
#74323, "RE: 2 Suggestions"
In response to Reply #0

Big fan of both.

Maybe the offering command would allow you to deposit items, or penned scrolls, or carved things, etc. at your deity's shrine. Might even be cool to allow those things to be picked up by others, with the obvious potential for immortal/follower retribution.

Maybe the second one could work a little like last name does. A small RP reward that the character would come up with a few sayings and then they would go into effect after the character gets recognized.

RahsaelThu 24-Sep-20 08:20 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#74322, "RE: 2 Suggestions"
In response to Reply #0

I like these. Especially the second one.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74321 Previous topic | Next topic