Subject: "Keys" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74301
Show all folders

Exploration Question (Anonymous)Sat 01-Aug-20 07:33 PM
Charter member
#74301, "Keys"

If a key is requested from a mob, will it ever come back or do you have to wait until a reboot (or someone else kills it)?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Depends, Java, 02-Aug-20 04:16 AM, #1
     Reply Near 20yr old change, Jormyr, 03-Aug-20 02:02 PM, #2
          Reply Not sure that works.., Java, 03-Aug-20 03:28 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Near 20yr old change, Original Poster (Anonymous), 03-Aug-20 05:20 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Near 20yr old change, lasentia, 04-Aug-20 04:49 AM, #5
               Reply Organia key is worn, Java, 04-Aug-20 10:38 AM, #6
               Reply Will make an inquiry., Jormyr, 06-Aug-20 04:28 PM, #7

JavaSun 02-Aug-20 04:16 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74302, "Depends"
In response to Reply #0

For most areas, you have to wait for a reboot or for the mob to die. There are a few that will come back on their own though.

Pro tip: Check any pits nearby (Wood-elf hometowns are pretty commonly used). A lot of players like to drop keys in pits so they can re-use them later, since pits survive past reboots.

JormyrMon 03-Aug-20 02:02 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74304, "Near 20yr old change"
In response to Reply #1

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=3&topic_id=436&mesg_id=436&listing_type=search

Requested items SHOULD come back, it just takes a reasonably long time.

JavaMon 03-Aug-20 03:28 PM
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74305, "Not sure that works.."
In response to Reply #2

At least, not sure it works for non-worn keys.

Area I'm thinking of is an area explore that has, well, a LOT of keys. Those keys seem to be out for a very long time, while other areas with worn keys (ie, Eil Shaeria) they do definitely repop eventually

Original Poster (Anonymous)Mon 03-Aug-20 05:20 PM
Charter member
#74306, "RE: Near 20yr old change"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, Java is right, it's not working this way - keys are not coming back to mobs who normally have the key in inventory. Checked several times over hours and then days.

lasentiaTue 04-Aug-20 04:49 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74307, "RE: Near 20yr old change"
In response to Reply #4

Was certainly this way in Elven Vaults, keys never repop on NPCs that I ever recall. But then, I think maybe it does work in Organia, so it seems to vary by area and maybe authors had a degree of control over it.

Since there is a system wide reboot ever 48 hours (or is it 49), I wonder what the intended key repop timer is supposed to be. RL hours I assume.

JavaTue 04-Aug-20 10:38 AM
1055 posts
#74309, "Organia key is worn"
In response to Reply #5

Or held, at least. Can't remember which.

JormyrThu 06-Aug-20 04:28 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74314, "Will make an inquiry."
In response to Reply #4

I did have something of a suspicion that it was possible there's a difference in worn vs. inventory. There should be no difference between areas that I'm aware of.

I will at least bring it up, but whether it's major enough to be a high priority (if there even is a discrepancy) I can't say.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74301 Previous topic | Next topic