Subject: "Terraform" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74288
Show all folders

Ranger well-wisher (Anonymous)Tue 21-Jul-20 07:54 PM
Charter member
#74288, "Terraform"

Please please please give rangers Terraform skill (in hero range probably, around 47). This will transform any room (specifically, ability to include city/civilized) into ranger's home terrain.
Obviously, large timeout, affect disappears over time, large to huge lag to terraform. Rangers really lack good PK options at hero, everything beyond waylay into snare has been nerfed. This will give much-needed dynamics and provide a reason to fear any ranger, including perhaps bedouins and mariners even.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

lasentiaWed 22-Jul-20 07:14 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74289, "No."
In response to Reply #0

This is just a completely ridiculous idea for so many reasons it's not worth listing them all.

You would be better off asking for some rangers (probably only animists) to get plant growth, and even that is probably asking for too much.

JavaWed 22-Jul-20 08:19 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74290, "RE: No."
In response to Reply #1

I could see something like plant growth for all rangers, with some heavy restrictions:

Lag like sanctify room (means the ranger is out of camo and lagged out for several ticks).

Causes any non-wild mobs in the room when you cast it to be aggro.

Long cooldown timer (100-200 hours)

Can't be used in a protected city.

Definitely not auto-home terrain though. Don't think that would be OP, probably not even something you would use often. But it could open up some options.

robdarken_Thu 23-Jul-20 11:58 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74291, "I think this is an okay idea"
In response to Reply #2

I'd put even more restriction on terrain besides not home-terrain. I think the terrain should be something like forest trail. Ranger waylaying on eastern is cool. Snare terrain kinda isn't because it'll just become about snare ganks.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74288 Previous topic | Next topic