Subject: "CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74263
Show all folders

IshuliMon 22-Jun-20 08:35 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74263, "CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets"
Edited on Mon 22-Jun-20 08:37 PM

I thought it'd be fun if we shared embarrassing or shameful mistakes we've made in the past, just so we can laugh at ourselves and the funny things that can happen in CF.

So please, if you're going to respond, share a time you did an "OOPS" or anything else you regretted or were embarrassed by.
**Please do not post SOMEONE ELSE'S thing you think is cringe-worthy, since this is meant to be light-hearted and not finger-pointing**

Here's mine:

At one point I was chatting with Rahsael casually in imm-land, and I got *slightly* distracted by Tribunal cabal chatter. I believe there were three Magistrates on. I meant to type a joke to Rahsael, but ended up **typing it on CB (cabal chat) instead**. My soul ached when I saw what I typed on CB, I put my face down on my keyboard and internally cringed myself out of existence.

Luckily the Magistrates online were kind about it, but I absolutely hated myself for a few days because of it. Snippet below so you can all laugh at my pain:

*Rahs and I joking around chatting for a while*
Rahsael: Baited breath, ha!

cb You're clearly a master baiter.
(TRIBUNAL) Ishuli: You're clearly a master baiter.

Ishuli: Oh no.
Ishuli: Oh nooooo
Rahsael: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ishuli: Out of all the things I bungle
Ishuli: oh nooooooooooooooooooo
(TRIBUNAL) Mamzisk: That. Sounds dirty.
Ishuli: That's what I get for typing after a 4 hour drive
Ishuli: tell no one
Ishuli: oh noooooooooo
Ishuli: oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Rahsael: c 'healing sleep' ishuli
(TRIBUNAL) Sobak: Sobak finds an oddity in that phrase.
Ishuli: i like how that's my FIRST cb bungle too.
Ishuli: And it had to be THAT of all things.
Ishuli: Note to self don't play after long drives /sigh/ FLAY ME
Rahsael: can't breathe
Rahsael: thanks for that
Ishuli: gaaaaaaaah
Ishuli: This is going to haunt my dreams you realize.
Ishuli: I am going to torture myself for this for YEARS.
Ishuli: On my deathbed
Ishuli: I will whisper "please delete that one log from cf where i cb'ed that one thing"
(TRIBUNAL) Mamzisk: But I must insist. Even spider and its web. Deserve admiration for its work.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Deleting Sythvaur, Valkenar, 13-Oct-22 04:47 PM, #24
Reply Deleting my role contest winning drow ap. , Marcus_, 21-Mar-22 04:20 AM, #23
Reply Zandrumial's ID, Valkenar, 12-Oct-20 05:25 PM, #22
Reply Regrets, Abernyte, 12-Oct-20 05:27 AM, #20
Reply You were always good to me., Jadlayer, 12-Oct-20 07:18 AM, #21
Reply Best memories ever, I did a lot of drugs., Petulant Kitten (Anonymous), 09-Oct-20 01:06 PM, #18
Reply (((((after becoming a christian I find it hard to role ..., Jadlayer, 09-Oct-20 01:08 PM, #19
Reply Not realizing that sphere RAGE already has an Imm, Jormyr, 29-Jul-20 09:10 PM, #16
Reply I was introduced to CF by a devout communist, Marcus_, 29-Jul-20 02:40 PM, #15
Reply Although he was a maoist, Marcus_, 06-Aug-20 02:09 PM, #17
Reply This one is pretty infamous that I was on the receiving..., SPN, 15-Jul-20 09:39 AM, #14
Reply A fond one is with Thror., Kalageadon, 06-Jul-20 06:13 PM, #13
Reply RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets, Shravthar, 30-Jun-20 01:27 PM, #12
Reply RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets, enyuu, 27-Jun-20 09:53 AM, #11
Reply I have more than a few, lasentia, 25-Jun-20 07:21 PM, #10
Reply Yeah, I got one., k-b, 24-Jun-20 11:15 AM, #8
Reply somewhat similar, Dallevian, 24-Jun-20 01:52 PM, #9
Reply RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets, ordasen, 24-Jun-20 08:27 AM, #7
Reply Too many to remember them all, but..., Twist, 23-Jun-20 08:32 AM, #6
Reply RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets, mackle, 23-Jun-20 02:21 AM, #4
Reply RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets, Aithiar, 23-Jun-20 02:17 AM, #3
Reply LOL that cracked me up n/t, mackle, 23-Jun-20 02:22 AM, #5
Reply RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets, Nalasul, 22-Jun-20 11:35 PM, #2
Reply First imperial ever, robdarken_, 22-Jun-20 08:58 PM, #1

ValkenarThu 13-Oct-22 04:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74680, "Deleting Sythvaur"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 13-Oct-22 04:47 PM

My second CF character ever was a necromancer. And I got PKed too much and decided to switch to good align. And I did! After like 150 hours I got turned good, as a necromancer, the only one ever as far as I know. And I was chillin' in Warlock. Today this would be amazing and I'd RP my powerless ass off.... but back then I was a dumbass newbie and didn't know the specialness of what I had and I just... deleted. And sent a note to Shokai like "Hey this was cool but I need to learn to PK and I can't do that on this guy"

And then later I Immed and it came up and Shokai just said "You were Sythvaur?!" And I just know he was pissed that I squandered his effort/my opportunity. At least that's what's in my head.

Edit: Oh for ####'s sake now this post is embarrassing because I didn't realize it was necro'd by Marcus and I already posted in it. Sigh

Marcus_Mon 21-Mar-22 04:20 AM
681 posts
#74666, "Deleting my role contest winning drow ap. "
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 21-Mar-22 04:20 AM

Who had a lvl 51 quest spell.

ValkenarMon 12-Oct-20 05:25 PM
1203 posts
#74335, "Zandrumial's ID"
In response to Reply #0

Very early in my CF career (like 3rd or 4th character, early 2000s) I played an Entropy gnome healer of Pico. Hopefully not chaotic stupid but definitely silly.

I was on an trip, occasionally throwing heals at our enemies and doing things I thought would be chaotic. I was real into the RP, totally in the mindset, in the groove. Anyway, we killed a something and an item dropped and I grabbed it to identify. I see that it is flagged rot_death so I blurt out "Eww, rot_death what's that?" because that's what Zandrumial would say if he saw something labeled "rot_death"

I immediately realized that Zandrumial didn't see that - I did and told my group "forget that, I said nothing." They just chuckled at me and we moved on.

Maybe not the most embarrassing thing ever, but I hadn't broken RP before and not so visibily given that this was the kind of trip that you know a few Imms are watching. I later heroimmed him though so I guess it wasn't so bad.

Ironically it happened in part because I was so into my RP that I forgot to make a distinction and resopond how my character would react to seeing that phrase, but still... embarassing.

AbernyteMon 12-Oct-20 05:27 AM
972 posts
#74333, "Regrets"
In response to Reply #0

Heroimming, the first time and then still wanting to 'have fun' more than hero imm stuff and inducting, via Graham_C, my felar dagger and h2h spec with Abernyte just before because playing times were a bitch to catch leaders sometimes.

Would have been great if not for Cradoc kicking too much ass and being asked to lead....had to come clean and let my sponsor down. Sorry Twist

JadlayerMon 12-Oct-20 07:18 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2020
8 posts
#74334, "You were always good to me."
In response to Reply #20

Thanks.

Petulant Kitten (Anonymous)Fri 09-Oct-20 01:06 PM
Charter member
#74329, "Best memories ever, I did a lot of drugs."
In response to Reply #0

Minlacar being possessed by a demon and raping people.

Cabru gone, make an area, get the gear. Lol.

Thror, RP as a mort

Getting tatto from twist as a 15 ap

When conjies first came out an their elie's attacked every one.

140people online one time.

Proving how strong orcs where. I played a lot. See dio for unicorn horn sex scene.

Learning how to role play.

Teaching Pro how to play.

K

JadlayerFri 09-Oct-20 01:08 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2020
8 posts
#74330, "(((((after becoming a christian I find it hard to role ..."
In response to Reply #18

Kov

JormyrWed 29-Jul-20 09:10 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#74298, "Not realizing that sphere RAGE already has an Imm"
In response to Reply #0

So - I'm skulking about, looking for characters to interact. Oh, hey - random shaman. Weird, why would you be sphere Rage w/ no Imm?

So I show up, uncloak, figure maybe I can snag myself a follower.

You reveal your presence.

Jormyr - Hey. Priest! Clearly, you have no God. You're now a Jormyr follower.

Shaman - Uhhhh....but...Morius?

Jormyr - .......

(Jormyr quickly looking at wizlist, realizing he's an idiot)

Jormyr - Uh...well, obviously Morius sucks. See? He doesn't even answer your prayers. How'd you like empowerment right now? With the side bonus of my not chopping you in half with this axe?

Shaman - Uh...yeah, that sounds like a good plan. I think?

Jormyr - Good.

Shaman - (You have been empowered)

.....and that's how this character came to be a Jormyr follower.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=139484&mesg_id=139484&page=

Marcus_Wed 29-Jul-20 02:19 PM
681 posts
#74297, "I was introduced to CF by a devout communist"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 29-Jul-20 02:40 PM

I guess I kind of regret making a cf comeback in 2018 and then only getting to level 13.

Other than that... no.

Marcus_Thu 06-Aug-20 02:09 PM
681 posts
#74313, "Although he was a maoist"
In response to Reply #15

Not a pesky bolshevik drider.

SPNWed 15-Jul-20 09:39 AM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74284, "This one is pretty infamous that I was on the receiving..."
In response to Reply #0

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,1107426,1107426#msg-1107426

Still makes me laugh to this day!

KalageadonMon 06-Jul-20 06:13 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
#74279, "A fond one is with Thror."
In response to Reply #0

My first villager app Dragendor, was in my 30's or so, about the highest I'd ever gotten with a character at the time. Thror and I just finish a chat. He was the Commander at the time and he has me kneel and do all the cool RP stuff after our long discussion, then looks at me and asks if I'm Lawful...

I was like, Yeah, why?...

Lawful wasn't allowed at the time, and I needed an IMM induct.

Never ended up getting inducted and rolled something else, utterly defeated.

ShravtharTue 30-Jun-20 01:27 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2016
209 posts
#74278, "RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets"
In response to Reply #0

Battle leader. Interviewing assassin. I had maelstrom. I had looked at the assassin using l 2. or whatever at the start, but not during the interview. At some point someone else came in, I don't remember, but someone I couldn't see.

So, when the time came, to be smooth and swanky, I didn't ask the assassin to step out and just did induct 2. or whatever.

Which of course was the other person, now a member of battle. Lovely.

enyuuSat 27-Jun-20 09:53 AM
Member since 15th Apr 2005
155 posts
#74274, "RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets"
In response to Reply #0

Been a loong time since I played, and way longer than that since I played actively. I can remember a few though.

The billion times I accidentally attacked groupmates and cabalmates because they have the same first few letters of whatever we were ranking on/attacking. Im a lazy mofo when it comes to typing

Some IMM trying to send me echos while I'm sleeping, and me waking up right away every time because I couldnt figure out what was going on. Pretty much had to send me an OOC tell to let me know to stay sleeping and that I was a moron

Getting canoe whacked a bunch back in the day in my early teens (rl age) because I thought it was way fun to play a healer that didnt use communes, and instead handed out healing potions. I would mix in those false healing potions in the maus and play innocent. This was way back when numbers were up and everybody playing wasnt a long time vet like nowadays.

I've gotten groups lost in no recall areas, died to well known death traps, and got kicked out of herald for sewing gloves made from elf penises. My whole CF career was pretty much cringeworthy.

lasentiaThu 25-Jun-20 07:21 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74273, "I have more than a few"
In response to Reply #0

I inducted two people into Battle, neither of which were village applicants.
The first was a mute, and I was relieved to see he did have a mage kill when I inducted him.
The second I knew had 0 mage kills, but he was dying horribly and I really doubted he would ever get a kill if he did not get in and would be con dead in 75 hours.

The whole killing Tiamat thing with Allysia and having Twist give me the boot in the blue lair. How was I supposed to know we would actually win and then also kill Tiamat, I thought death was inevitable. I had done this once before, but we went straight to Tiamat and I got myself and a few other nexus people killed in the process along with numerous fort people.

I have walked into more death traps that I knew were death traps when I walked into them than I care to remember, even after scanning and seeing them right in front of me. Trothon and Jade mountains, I never learn.

On my first bard I tried using tranquil serenade on players many many times until I learned it did not affect them. That cost me two con easily.

Not really mine, but with a paladin, I think was maybe level 11, I am in Ysal's shrine trying to get a meeting, so I am RPing with stuff and sending prays, and I randomly get "a devil (or something) slowly approaches and traces a rune down your arm, and I get immolated and burn to death. I thought it was a sign that Ysal was testing my faith. Then Daevryn just sends me a tell saying oops, sorry about burning you to death.
Tue Oct 14 08:56:31 2008 by 'An Immortal' at level 11 (11 hrs):
An Immortal added 500 exp for: Oops, death by bug..guilt xp

k-bWed 24-Jun-20 11:15 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#74271, "Yeah, I got one."
In response to Reply #0

Many years ago I was playing a Nexus cloud warrior axe spec named Trentaka (I think that was the spelling. I refuse to look it up.)

We were raiding the village and we had this rager on the ropes. He was so close to dead. Like one or two hits would have done it. He fled east of us, and ran back in to us on his way to the destructor. I was spamming 'pin' his name.

Well. I didn't have the alias set for 'pincer' so instead of pincering I was doing the social command 'pinch'. So as he runs right past us, I pinch him like 3 times and he makes it to the destructor and survives. LOL.

Yeah... I cringed major hard.

DallevianWed 24-Jun-20 01:52 PM
1618 posts
#74272, "somewhat similar"
In response to Reply #8

in the chaos of battle, i've had more than a handful of instances where 'unexpected opponent shows up' and at some point i bash my groupmate

usually i can and do plan out a fight in my head and all the different ways it can go. but when it gets crazy in like 3v3 in a raid situation, my brains short circuits and i will cranial groupmate or haste opponent

my poor noodlebowl

ordasenWed 24-Jun-20 08:27 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#74270, "RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets"
In response to Reply #0

Not long after being made a hero Immortal as Kadazine, Cador made me an Immortal weapon spear. Unfortunately he had forgotten to make it no disarm.

So as I was RPing with Glanduian (i believe) as he demanded a fight as we had always gone back and forth while mortal. I was trying NOT to kill him...but he got in a disarm and to my horror there went my spear. Someone picked it up and ran with it.

Luckly...no one really got to use it and I got it back. I got an ass chewing by Pico who then fixed the spear.

TwistTue 23-Jun-20 08:32 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#74269, "Too many to remember them all, but..."
In response to Reply #0

Here's the first one that came to mind:

Way back when, I switched into the Grolm for some reason.

(For those who are unfamiliar, the Grolm was a level 70 greet_prog_murder mob in the White Tower in the old Tar Valon area. It hit for === OBLITERATES === with every attack on a non-protected target.)

I then typed 'goto cador' - again, I don't really know why. I was probably going to say some lame Wheel of Time quote to him or something.

Unfortunately Cador was not in immland like usual. He was at Market Square of Midgaard (the "starting town" before we switched it out with Galadon).

Midgaard had no real way to exit it aside from some path that took you through Market Square (nobody really took the south gate) and it was like 3 steps from the altar (one altar) to Market Square.

Back then we had 60+ people logged in at all times, and everyone's hometown was Midgaard.

I stared at my screen in horror, unable to get my hands to type anything, as the Grolm one-shotted newbie after newbie. I'm not sure how many corpses piled up in the 3 or 4 seconds that passed, but then Cador +++ ASSASSINATED +++ me which killed the Grolm.

And then proceeded to laugh his ass off.

mackleTue 23-Jun-20 02:21 AM
Member since 08th Mar 2014
237 posts
#74267, "RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets"
In response to Reply #0

One time I remember, someone in my cabal asked me what my warrior legacies were. But I accidentally told him the legacies for my alt (another warrior). He looked at me puzzled as they were not particularly good legacies for my race. I figured it out and had a Homer Simpson "Doh" moment. I pretended it was a joke to and that I wanted to see if he would believe that and then provided the correct legacies.

AithiarTue 23-Jun-20 02:17 AM
Member since 26th Mar 2017
73 posts
#74266, "RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets"
In response to Reply #0

http://www.qhcf.net/cforum/arch.pl?forum-2002/logs?23014

mackleTue 23-Jun-20 02:22 AM
Member since 08th Mar 2014
237 posts
#74268, "LOL that cracked me up n/t"
In response to Reply #3

nt

NalasulMon 22-Jun-20 11:35 PM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
215 posts
#74265, "RE: CF Memories - Oops, mistakes, cringes, and regrets"
In response to Reply #0

Too many newbie / cb mixups to even list, though none quite as bad as yours.

During the "Tournament of Lies" event I was manipulating an assassin mob from Dagdan and as part of the "script" I was going to execute him for being an incompetent lackey. So I canoewhack him, miss, then end up fighting an Inn guard who I had to kill. (Sorry Herald imms!)

robdarken_Mon 22-Jun-20 08:58 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74264, "First imperial ever"
In response to Reply #0

I had broken Imperial law days ago to PK someone for a charge (couldn't control myself), I guess I had a guilty conscience because it was the first thing I thought about when:

Khasothalas(?) uncloaks his presence. *empire imm
"Do you know why I'm here?"

And so I cited the Imperial law I broke to him. I honestly can't remember if I tried to justify it or not.

He replies something to the effect of, "Actually, you were due for a promotion. Learn to hold your tongue."

Didn't even demote me, just recloaked. That was embarrassing.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74263 Previous topic | Next topic