Subject: "Pits and Reboots" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74246
Show all folders

CuriousTraveller (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jun-20 07:23 PM
Charter member
#74246, "Pits and Reboots"

I feel this is reasonable to post so a healthy discussion can be had and others don't befall my fate.

Having been recently informed that I was abusing a bug placing items in a pit before a reboot.

I am seeking clarification on what the go is here:
- Obviously things can be placed in pits
- Obviously things stay in pits between reboots

So what can one do and not do, and if it is a bug what do others need to do to avoid the same fate until the bug can be fixed.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply For the sake of clarity, CuriousTraveller (Anonymous), 17-Jun-20 05:47 PM, #6
Reply So uh..., Lhydia, 17-Jun-20 07:59 PM, #7
Reply RE: Pits and Reboots, Jhyrbian, 17-Jun-20 07:03 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Pits and Reboots, lasentia, 17-Jun-20 09:00 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Pits and Reboots, CuriousTraveller (Anonymous), 17-Jun-20 09:06 AM, #3
               Reply Pits were changed intentionally..., Lhydia, 17-Jun-20 09:35 AM, #4
                    Reply RE: Pits were changed intentionally..., Bemused, 17-Jun-20 10:08 AM, #5

CuriousTraveller (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jun-20 07:23 PM
Charter member
#74253, "For the sake of clarity"
In response to Reply #0

"Befall my fate" => ROTD / Slayed and purged

All items in the pit between reboot were non-limited.

All limited equipment was carried by me has it had been through the multiple reboots/logins/logouts prior.

LhydiaWed 17-Jun-20 07:59 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74257, "So uh..."
In response to Reply #6

Did you put things in a pit with one character and get them out with a different character?

That would probably be appropriate. Otherwise I'm not buying the story.

JhyrbianWed 17-Jun-20 07:03 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74247, "RE: Pits and Reboots"
In response to Reply #0

how dare you use something as it's designed, you should know better

lasentiaWed 17-Jun-20 09:00 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74249, "RE: Pits and Reboots"
In response to Reply #1

Why would you need to use a pit to put gear into between reboots?

Makes me think the purpose of putting gear into a pit right before a reboot is not for something that is intended. Like a sub 11 hoarding something limited that would otherwise poof.

CuriousTraveller (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jun-20 09:06 AM
Charter member
#74250, "RE: Pits and Reboots"
In response to Reply #2

If the gear was going to poof between reboots it likely would have had a rot flag set on it by then anyway.

Regardless none of the gear was limited so that’s a mute point.

LhydiaWed 17-Jun-20 09:21 AM
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74251, "Pits were changed intentionally..."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 17-Jun-20 09:35 AM

...to hold gear past reboots. People put keys, gear, and all sorts of things in there. This isn’t a bug and it’s several years old. What is the full story? Even a lowbie dropping limited gear in a pit is still not a bug. Either we don’t have the whole story or an imm(?) is enforcing an incorrect opinion.

Edited because it may have just been a clueless player since he didn’t specify it was an imm.

BemusedWed 17-Jun-20 10:08 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#74252, "RE: Pits were changed intentionally..."
In response to Reply #4

There must be more to it. There is nothing in the rules stating you cannot put stuff in a pit regardless of whether a reboot was imminent. What "bug" exists regarding pits? Surely they've been working "as designed" for the past 25 years.

Pretty sure Imms have better things to do that try and catch people placing items in pits. I'd love to hear the full story because this sounds nefarious.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74246 Previous topic | Next topic