Subject: "Did we lose Korsgaard?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74232
Show all folders

Empowerment Seeking (Anonymous)Mon 15-Jun-20 12:23 PM
Charter member
#74232, "Did we lose Korsgaard?"

Did we lose Korsgaard? I see he is missing from the wizlist?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Did we lose Korsgaard?, Various forgettable characters (Anonymous), 17-Jun-20 07:56 AM, #11
Reply Sad to see this., Tesline, 16-Jun-20 10:32 PM, #8
Reply Thanks Korsgaard!, k-b, 16-Jun-20 02:16 PM, #7
Reply Strange..., NoobAgain, 16-Jun-20 01:43 PM, #6
Reply Korsgaard is gone., Jormyr, 15-Jun-20 03:51 PM, #3
Reply RE: Korsgaard is gone., Java, 15-Jun-20 04:03 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Deletion Thread, Jormyr, 15-Jun-20 06:39 PM, #5
Reply RE: Did we lose Korsgaard?, Jhyrbian, 15-Jun-20 12:34 PM, #1
     Reply Yeah, sucks he didn't get a goodbye thread. , Lhydia, 15-Jun-20 03:28 PM, #2
     Reply Don't worry. I'll make the tin foil hats for you both. ..., Tesline, 16-Jun-20 10:30 PM, #9
          Reply Thanks, I’ll get you a napkin. n/t, Lhydia, 17-Jun-20 01:58 AM, #10
     Reply RE:man I was thinking of makaveli when I read that, Marcus_, 23-Jul-20 01:25 PM, #12

Various forgettable characters (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jun-20 07:56 AM
Charter member
#74248, "RE: Did we lose Korsgaard?"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for being such a bro- as a permanewb lurker having such a straightforward, clearly oriented god to interact with was a real treat. Seems like so many lately are very obtuse or emote-driven-rp focused, which is fine, but you’ve left a big gap in terms of both your fantastic presence and your approach to things. Again thanks for your contributions!

TeslineTue 16-Jun-20 10:28 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74243, "Sad to see this."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 16-Jun-20 10:32 PM

Never had a follower but was always a good RP experience. Hopefully everything goes well with whatever you are doing. Though it will be nice to not have 15 dragon hunters that can't group together to fight dragons. Though it will likely now be no dragon hunters...

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

k-bTue 16-Jun-20 02:16 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74242, "Thanks Korsgaard!"
In response to Reply #0

It doesn't seem like you'll be doing a death thread, but I had a few things to say so I just decided to say it in this thread and hope you see it. I posted something quick on Discord, but I'm not sure if you had gone by then.

I never had the pleasure of of having a follower of yours, but I was the Captain when you arrived in the High Heavens as Korsgaard. (I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that right) I was Yanni Sunburst, at the time. You were fantastic from the start. Holding Fort members accountable for their misdeeds, which had largely gone unpunished before. I remember the rp sessions with city guards I mistakenly killed. I had to take a hard look at who Yanni was and who I wanted her to be.

From there, I played almost exclusively Fort all the way until a few months ago, so I interacted with you quite a bit. From my dwarf warrior Svelgurd to my Marshall Cheyerre, I always found you to be fair, well RP'd, fun, and capable.

I also helped many of your followers on their quests to kill Kings or Dragons, and I learned a lot in the process. So just by byproduct of your followers, my gaming experience was greatly improved.

I just wanted to say thanks, from someone who was there for a lot of your reign. You'll be missed, and I hope you come back in some capacity.

NoobAgainTue 16-Jun-20 01:43 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
408 posts
#74241, "Strange..."
In response to Reply #0

... from the playerbase / PR perspective, it's a bit odd not to have an official statement / goodbye when a key pillar of the game departs. Korsgaard was very much the force behind the Fortress and had a lot of high profile followers. Even though I have never interacted with him, I loved his PVE-focus and his followers were always a delight.

JormyrMon 15-Jun-20 03:51 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#74238, "Korsgaard is gone."
In response to Reply #0

It was rather recently and they didn't. have a death thread pop up, so don't be too
surprised about not noticing.

As to others replying to this thread suggesting unpleasantness or conspiracy - it's
simply not the case. We remain grateful of his contributions during his time as an
Immortal. The lack of Immortal commentary on the subject is simply that it is
not polite or respectful for us to make statements in his place. Korsgaard is welcome to post a goodbye if he wishes, or not if he chooses to.

JavaMon 15-Jun-20 04:03 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74239, "RE: Korsgaard is gone."
In response to Reply #3

Is there a reason he didn't have a Graveyard thread? I'm not sure the last time an Imm left that didn't have one.

Even if Korsgaard doesn't want to post anything, I imagine there's a lot of players that would like to say something on the official thread.

JormyrMon 15-Jun-20 06:39 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#74240, "RE: Deletion Thread"
In response to Reply #4

Technically, deletion threads are pulled off (presumably) a program that pulls from
CF's files for recent deletions. There's actually a small handful of reasons I can
think of why a deletion thread wouldn't come up. In most cases, it's simply not
usually a concern.

I would have to imagine if someone wanted to, they're just as welcome to post goodbyes, etc. We're all just pretty lazy about letting Death_Angel start it for us.

JhyrbianMon 15-Jun-20 12:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74234, "RE: Did we lose Korsgaard?"
In response to Reply #0

yea, something unpleasant must have happened, it was quietly swept under the rug. I really liked K-diddy as an imm, he was great to interact with.

LhydiaMon 15-Jun-20 03:28 PM
2379 posts
#74236, "Yeah, sucks he didn't get a goodbye thread. "
In response to Reply #1

Makes you wonder.

TeslineTue 16-Jun-20 10:29 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#74244, "Don't worry. I'll make the tin foil hats for you both. ..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 16-Jun-20 10:30 PM

nt

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

LhydiaWed 17-Jun-20 01:58 AM
2379 posts
#74245, "Thanks, I’ll get you a napkin. n/t"
In response to Reply #9

Gr

Marcus_Thu 23-Jul-20 01:25 PM
681 posts
#74292, "RE:man I was thinking of makaveli when I read that"
In response to Reply #1

Spooky

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLHVRWWo3U

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74232 Previous topic | Next topic