Subject: "Edgepoint Bug PSA" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74099
Show all folders

Thorough Explorer (Anonymous)Sat 11-Apr-20 03:09 PM
Charter member
#74099, "Edgepoint Bug PSA"
Edited on Sat 11-Apr-20 03:13 PM

I posted this on bug board, but I believe it has been posted before.

I spent a lot of time getting as much observation/exploration as I could to test a bug that I didn't think was real.

After 30 hours pre 30 of looking at things I was able to be eligible for 10k/15k observation edgepoint milestones. Upon reaching level 30 I received 0 edgepoints, and I suspect at 51 I will receive 0 edgepoints.

After testing the exploration side of this at level 30 I went from 9k Exploration to 10.5k Exploration and received edgepoints as intended.

I just feel like I can say for certain there is a bug present now, unless this is an intentional method to punish min/maxers.

So as long as you don't go over 9k at 30 and 15k at 50 for observation and exploration you are fine, if you do however you will not receive edgepoints for your effort.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Is this the thing on the bug board where the poster mis..., rex spangler, 27-May-20 08:41 AM, #7
Reply The bug responded to was posted on May 25th. , Lhydia, 28-May-20 10:32 AM, #8
Reply I thought the date was when the issue was addressed., rex spangler, 28-May-20 08:37 PM, #9
     Reply Sorry. , Lhydia, 29-May-20 08:02 AM, #10
Reply RE: No. N/t, Bug poster (Anonymous), 29-May-20 03:52 PM, #11
Reply My Edgepoint guess., Kalageadon, 13-Apr-20 07:06 PM, #6
Reply RE: Edgepoint Bug PSA, Jarmel, 13-Apr-20 06:53 PM, #5
Reply RE: Edgepoint Bug PSA, Coronavirus (Anonymous), 11-Apr-20 03:13 PM, #1
     Reply This is probably why I found the change sucked so badly, incognito, 11-Apr-20 05:22 PM, #2
     Reply Thats why I was wondering if it was intentional. , Thorough Explorer (Anonymous), 11-Apr-20 05:50 PM, #3
     Reply Thanks for the heads up., Calion, 12-Apr-20 01:37 AM, #4

rex spanglerWed 27-May-20 08:41 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2018
95 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74208, "Is this the thing on the bug board where the poster mis..."
In response to Reply #0

Can any imm confirm/deny this edgepoint bug claim?

LhydiaThu 28-May-20 10:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74209, "The bug responded to was posted on May 25th. "
In response to Reply #7

I posted this in April.

There is no lag bug and the edgepoint explore/observation bug only affects 1% of players.

rex spanglerThu 28-May-20 08:37 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2018
95 posts
#74210, "I thought the date was when the issue was addressed."
In response to Reply #8

I've posted things on the bug board that didn't show up for a month or more after I reported the bug. But I didn't pay attention to the dates.

I don't know what you mean by lag bug. The thread subject is about an edge point bug, and the entire content is snipped. I do not see any other bug board threads about edge points, even the original post in this thread says it was posted on the bug board.

Even if the alleged edgepoint bug in this thread only effects 1% of players, I'd like conformation if it is true or not. Maybe nobody knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LhydiaFri 29-May-20 08:02 AM
2379 posts
#74211, "Sorry. "
In response to Reply #9

Was being a bit sarcastic because the response to the lag bug was there is no lag bug for a while.

It was said that the edgepoint bug only affects 1% of players on discord.

I was in your shoes 'is this even real' for like a year and a half so I finally just rolled up the 15k observation pre 30 guy and received no EP at 30.

Then I made my post saying hey guys just confirming this is a real issue.

Bug poster (Anonymous)Fri 29-May-20 03:52 PM
Charter member
#74212, "RE: No. N/t"
In response to Reply #7

Kind of but not.

KalageadonMon 13-Apr-20 07:06 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
#74107, "My Edgepoint guess."
In response to Reply #0

Is that it's tied to getting the threshold beyond the next rank. As in... you get 10k obs at 40 and 15 at 50, you'll get all points because that last check makes the others fire but if you get 15 prior to 50, there's no other threshold checks to give the award.

JarmelMon 13-Apr-20 06:53 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#74106, "RE: Edgepoint Bug PSA"
In response to Reply #0

Unfortunately this is not so clean cut.

I have been through a number of different scenarios:
- Exceeded the thresholds and been fine
- Exceeded one threshold and broken all remaining edge points
- Exceeded a threshold broken some edge points but not others
- Exceeded a threshold broken all tiers and then for some unknown reason gotten some back on the next tier
- Exceeded a threshold and got the edge points prior to the level

The fact the end result is so unpredictable certainly makes this a bug as opposed to perhaps exceeding one of the thresholds and then being unable to get that and only that tier when you meet the level requirement (Which may have been intentional ... Min/Max)

Coronavirus (Anonymous)Sat 11-Apr-20 03:13 PM
Charter member
#74100, "RE: Edgepoint Bug PSA"
In response to Reply #0

I can confirm this as well. It happened on two of my characters so I started only getting to 1-2k less than the targetted amount. Then once I obtained the rank I would get the rest and obtain the edgepoints.

It really screwed up the characters I learned the hard way on though.

incognitoSat 11-Apr-20 05:22 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74101, "This is probably why I found the change sucked so badly"
In response to Reply #1

Because I like trying to explore early so still did it. And I'd get 3 edges per character.

Thorough Explorer (Anonymous)Sat 11-Apr-20 05:50 PM
Charter member
#74102, "Thats why I was wondering if it was intentional. "
In response to Reply #2

If people who have a means to 'game the system' and spend all that time hitting the areas as they go and end up getting short changed due to some sense of powergaming unfairness.

Like if it isn't a bug because it is a feature of the new system.

CalionSun 12-Apr-20 01:37 AM
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74103, "Thanks for the heads up."
In response to Reply #1

Though any character of mine is unlikely to reach those milestones before L30/51.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74099 Previous topic | Next topic