Subject: "When do you know?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74041
Show all folders

Prayer (Anonymous)Mon 02-Mar-20 01:29 PM
Charter member
#74041, "When do you know?"

If you're an empowerment class and you haven't met your immortal how many character hours and real time days do you wait before concluding that there's something wrong with your character concept and that it's not going to work out? What if you have an IC hint from another PC that there could be an issue (but not necessarily a highly reliable hint)?

Does the not-strictly-necessary nature of empowerment mean that the RP-quality bar for empowerment is pretty high? How do you know if your RP isn't going to be good enough?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JhyrbianMon 02-Mar-20 02:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74043, "RE: When do you know?"
In response to Reply #0

In those rare cases where you just can't find them, a note or email has always worked for me in the past.

RahsaelWed 04-Mar-20 11:17 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74048, "+1 - send notes! n/t"
In response to Reply #2

nt

IshuliMon 02-Mar-20 02:43 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2121 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74042, "I rarely see "rp not good enough" as happening."
In response to Reply #0

And I mean super rarely.

If you aren't hearing from your immortal, it's typically because your times haven't matched up yet.

1) Pray from their shrine.
2) If you aren't bumping into them, check the `wizlist` and try to match their times. Keep an eye out when you're online for them to appear on `who` as visible.
3) If you haven't bumped into them in about a week, send a note to them and try to coordinate a time meeting.

As for how long you wait it's a mixture of hours + RL days. It's possible a given immortal is on vacation during a certain week, or had a rough week at work. So if you've done 50 hours over 3 days... Rough, but imms aren't *always* available.

Empowerment isn't typically a **HIGH** quality requirement, just that your immortal approve of you in an IC way to represent them.

I hope that helps!

-Ish

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74041 Previous topic | Next topic