Subject: "Twist is right" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73952
Show all folders

ShravtharMon 03-Feb-20 01:16 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2016
209 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73952, "Twist is right"

Retrieving from orc village is, you know, a retrieval. Retrievals should get both the xp for restoring the item, and, if opposed, the edge point.

Don't really see any reason it isn't that way, what's the logic? The system now is every where else, if your item is taken and held, getting it back gets you cabal xp, and, if opposed, edge point.

Retrieving from orc village is harder than every single other cabal, so shouldn't it actually be even more appropriate to get the credit there? If nothing else, it's a "retrieval", you've restored your item. You should get the morale boost, the xp, and, if there's a defender, the edge point.

Twist agrees. What else do we need?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Twist is right, Umiron, 03-Feb-20 07:04 PM, #2
Reply Also..., Umiron, 03-Feb-20 07:35 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Also..., Shravthar, 03-Feb-20 08:19 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Also..., Bemused, 03-Feb-20 09:20 PM, #5
     Reply Ell Oh Ell. , Homard, 05-Feb-20 03:08 PM, #13
     Reply lol "being a douche", Dallevian, 03-Feb-20 10:06 PM, #6
     Reply RE: lol , Shravthar, 03-Feb-20 10:33 PM, #7
          Reply So you are admitting to having said that?, SPN, 03-Feb-20 10:44 PM, #8
     Reply Glad he did, robdarken_, 04-Feb-20 06:55 AM, #10
     Reply This reminds me of middle school, Jormyr, 05-Feb-20 06:24 PM, #14
          Reply RE: This reminds me of middle school, Shravthar, 05-Feb-20 07:03 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Also..., Jarmel, 04-Feb-20 03:51 AM, #9
     Reply Sort of puts the 'I'd rather be doing something else' i..., Lhydia, 04-Feb-20 05:39 PM, #12
     Reply Sounds like Baena. n/t, Lhydia, 04-Feb-20 05:39 PM, #11
Reply RE: Twist is right, Bemused, 03-Feb-20 03:22 AM, #1

UmironMon 03-Feb-20 07:04 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73959, "RE: Twist is right"
In response to Reply #0

Disclaimer: I could be wrong.

IIRC, the clan retrieval code is totally separate from cabal retrieval code (¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and this just isn't anywhere near a priority for me to try and munge the relevant code from the latter into the former. Sorry.

UmironMon 03-Feb-20 07:35 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73960, "Also..."
In response to Reply #2

YourDumbAss says 'And you don't get credit for retrievals there. Just absurd'
YourDumbAss says 'god dammit'
YourDumbAss says 'absurd'
YourDumbAss says 'just damn wrong'
YourDumbAss says 'damn this'

####s_given -= 1000;

ShravtharMon 03-Feb-20 08:19 PM
209 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73961, "RE: Also..."
In response to Reply #3

So, thanks for confirming you take posts and go search for players. Nice to know you don't at all get prejudiced or mix things, they're totally separate. You're a child.

Also, nice to make random posts without any context. Maybe explain what had been going on? But no, just like you, it's all about being a douche.

Have a lovely day.

BemusedMon 03-Feb-20 09:20 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#73962, "RE: Also..."
In response to Reply #4

On a scale of 1 to Funnyone, I'd give that an 8. Highly entertaining meltdown. Thank you.

HomardWed 05-Feb-20 03:08 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#73972, "Ell Oh Ell. "
In response to Reply #5

n/t

DallevianMon 03-Feb-20 10:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#73964, "lol "being a douche""
In response to Reply #4

did you really just try and play that card after that??

ShravtharMon 03-Feb-20 10:33 PM
209 posts
#73965, "RE: lol "
In response to Reply #6

Doing what, exactly? Calling out that he saw a post, looked up the ip, then went and found a character, and is basing judgments from one on the other?

Or that he pulls lines from in-game things to use here, obviously deliberately trying (and it seems succeeding) to curry favor? None of the things he quotes were said to him, or any other imm.

All that's happened here is he said he didn't want to do as Twist had suggested, and then decided to go look up who the original poster was, and the come and post here, publically. Ask yourself why. He didn't have to. He'd already answered. Just to be a douche.

SPNMon 03-Feb-20 10:44 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73966, "So you are admitting to having said that?"
In response to Reply #7

Because that is clearly breaking character... In case you've forgotten.

HELP OOC
Carrion Fields requires that you remain IC (In
Character) at all times. All forms of communication here (say, tell,Gtell, yell, pray) are to be used as though it was the character speaking, not the player.

robdarken_Tue 04-Feb-20 06:55 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73969, "Glad he did"
In response to Reply #4

I always got the impression that the reason these "suggestion" threads sucked so bad was because, in reality, they're virtually all made by slimy, disingenuous narcissists throwing thinly-veiled temper tantrums.
Looks like that's right on the money.

JormyrWed 05-Feb-20 06:24 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#73973, "This reminds me of middle school"
In response to Reply #4

Given I am a middle school teacher, this is strikingly similar to the complaints I get from the same 2 dozen middle school kids. Maybe it's not so much people are out to get you, as you keep doing things that draw negative attention.

Dude swearing in game tends to get noticed and commented on. Just as likely odds that the tantrum got noticed, and the IP connection follows after, rather than the other way around.

ShravtharWed 05-Feb-20 07:03 PM
209 posts
#73974, "RE: This reminds me of middle school"
In response to Reply #14

Way to fall for the "hey, look over there!"

Nothing about any of this has anything to do with a character in game. There was absolutely no reason to post what he posted, it was purely to distract from the point, and throw shade. It was childish. You should recognize that.

JarmelTue 04-Feb-20 03:51 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#73968, "RE: Also..."
In response to Reply #3

Your first reply was fine. Understand you have a long list and this is fairly low in the pile.

But this sort of response really doesn't help the person asking the question nor the person answering it.

LhydiaTue 04-Feb-20 05:39 PM
2379 posts
#73971, "Sort of puts the 'I'd rather be doing something else' i..."
In response to Reply #9

gr

LhydiaTue 04-Feb-20 05:39 PM
2379 posts
#73970, "Sounds like Baena. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

gr

BemusedMon 03-Feb-20 03:22 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#73953, "RE: Twist is right"
In response to Reply #0

>Twist agrees. What else do we need?

Someone who can code and someone with time to code and someone who thinks this is the top priority of things to code.

I could probably name more things that are needed.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73952 Previous topic | Next topic