Subject: "Gains while shifted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73860
Show all folders

Shifter (Anonymous)Tue 21-Jan-20 03:49 AM
Charter member
#73860, "Gains while shifted"

Today we had a nice talk in the newbie chat, and I've been asked to create a thread here. So there we go!

After reading helpfiles, we have figured that +WIS/+CON/+INT equipment doesn't help you to increase your gains - only your NATURAL stats are counted. So, you still have to REVERT if you are covering your stats with eq.

I'm not saying it's a good/bad thing, but I think it would be right to add this information into helpfile (help gains, help leveling, help shapeshift or whatever - sorry, can't recall the helpfile name and from mobile I can't log anything at all).

I, as a serial shifter player in past, would love to see a change that stats from the eq would still work while shifted - personally, it would save me a lot of times from saying "f*k, I didn't revert again". But maybe it adds some fun and randomness to the game (and definitely not for me)

Thanks for reading, see you in the game - if you'll see a swearing shifter who forgot to revert (again), that's probably me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NalasulTue 21-Jan-20 09:49 AM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
215 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73862, "RE: Gains while shifted"
In response to Reply #0

>After reading helpfiles, we have figured that +WIS/+CON/+INT
>equipment doesn't help you to increase your gains - only your
>NATURAL stats are counted. So, you still have to REVERT if you
>are covering your stats with eq.

I'll chime in since I was the one speaking on the newbie channel. I don't think we decided what you're saying we decided. We sort of left it "undecided", which is why I encouraged you to post here.

The question centered around this snippet from "help WISDOM":

"Note that shapeshifters gain based on their natural un-shifted stats, not the stats of their form"

Basically, in the above, does "natural un-shifted stats" take into account +WIS/+INT/+CON from gear?

Shifter (that newbie) (Anonymous)Tue 21-Jan-20 10:57 AM
Charter member
#73863, "100% nope"
In response to Reply #1

I've tested - EQ doesn't work when shifted, so NATURAL stats is stats that a nude mage would have. Which is yes, a bit unclear from the helpfile.

incognitoTue 21-Jan-20 04:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73865, "Help Stats makes it clear"
In response to Reply #2

It talks about natural stats and adjusted ones, with examples.

Seems to show that natural stats are those unaffected by gear.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73860 Previous topic | Next topic