Subject: "Neutral Healers / Protection" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7384
Show all folders

WhiteRavenWed 16-Feb-05 07:56 AM
Member since 03rd Jan 2005
37 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7384, "Neutral Healers / Protection"

I noticed on this mud that Healers are in short supply, and neutral healers are in especially short supply, so I decided to roll one and see for myself why. Turns out when you cast protection it randomly chooses good or evil.

I've seen other muds where neutral priests were able to choose good or evil when they cast protection. Would this be something the immortals might consider changing? I think it would make neutral healer look much more attractive, because as is, unless I'm worshipping some sort of gambler god, it seems kind of silly.

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourFri 18-Feb-05 03:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7432, "RE: Neutral Healers / Protection"
In response to Reply #0

The reason I specifically made it this was because I am tired of watching neutrals actually be either good or evil in disguise. This gives them some benefit that they didn't have before (when protection didn't do jack for neutrals), but they have no control over it. They don't get to say "I'm fighting evils all the time, protection from evil it is!". Sometimes you get what you need...sometimes you don't.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Pro (inactive user)Wed 16-Feb-05 10:50 PM
Charter member
#7401, "I think Cut the effect in half and have it apply to bot..."
In response to Reply #0

Got both sides covered but not quite as good.

LarcatWed 16-Feb-05 08:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
495 posts
#7385, "Heh...."
In response to Reply #0

You obviously weren't around here when neuts didn't get the benefit of prot at all

Though I don't think your suggestion is a bad one.

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7384 Previous topic | Next topic