Subject: "Playing CF again after 17 years!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73800
Show all folders

sunshine9Sun 12-Jan-20 02:19 PM
Member since 12th Jan 2020
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73800, "Playing CF again after 17 years!"
Edited on Sun 12-Jan-20 02:21 PM

Hello folks! Yes, I played alot of Carrion Fields and my last character was 17 years ago. I had a thief tattoo'ed by Ishamel, and a Sylvan hero with a nice title. Now I have found some sparetime and decided to see
whats been going on, on The Fields since my last visits, and a lot as far as I can see! Wow .. Very impressive improvements on the classes. I never been a "pro" CF player and mostly played Thieves, Rangers, and Assassins and a few Warriors. I have returned to The Fields with an AP and feel like a sitting duck without dodge fighting assassins and warriors. And they can lag, and often they have the initiative. Not good odds to begin with. What to do? My question, is there a wand or some item that can heal plague so it would be possible to practice it while fighting mobs? Othwerwise it is just too slow to practice. Are there wands that can
improve defences, where? I remember there was an item that produced "stoneskin", but I forgot what it was .. Any other ways to improve defences so my AP can get more time to land spells and regain the initiative?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SPNThu 16-Jan-20 10:59 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73827, "Are you trying to improve wands or plague..."
In response to Reply #0

I am a bit confused by your question, but it sounds like you want to heal plague on a mob so you can recast plague to practice it? Or to heal yourself when you catch it?

If you want to practice plague just spam it on the mob. Plague stacks. It gives -5 str per time it lands. This works in pk as well.

I'll just say, there is is a very easy to get heal plague edible that can be gathered at lvl 1 that casts lvl 30 cure disease twice and refreshes you, if your question is the later. Ask around in game and someone will likely turn you onto it.

If you want to improve wands, get 10 gold by lvl 5 (can gather 8 from quests alone) and load up on turquoise wands in the academy.

clnt2020Mon 13-Jan-20 07:26 AM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73804, "Shops!"
In response to Reply #0

Check the magic shops in cities. Tir-Talath for instance, cheap wand with 10 charges in it - buy 50 wands and spend next days in creating tons of globes of light

And welcome back. I'm back too, after a couple of no-CF years.

robdarken_Sun 12-Jan-20 11:58 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73803, "RE: Playing CF again after 17 years!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 13-Jan-20 12:02 AM

You can improve on plague, or any other malediction spell like it (blindness, poison, curse, etc.), even if the target already is affected by it.

For the same reason, I like to just master wands and excision using a wand with a self-buff the class already has that can be gathered while you spam it. Doesn't matter that you already have the buff on, you'll still improve in it from wanding it on yourself.

The aura/barrier/shield system gives you wands that reduce incoming damage, your guild master will hint where to gather them when you discuss with them, when you're able to get them. Sleek amber comes at 30, gives you aura. Sleek sienna gives you shield, comes at 32. Sleek black gives you barrier, comes at 35.

incognitoSun 12-Jan-20 08:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73801, "Welcome back"
In response to Reply #0

You need to check out the area called the Planar Sanctum.

It's a mage friendly area, with lots of wands including protective ones that only benefit you in that area.

The downsides are that people hunting a mage will often check there, and that you can't recall or teleport from inside it.

But it's a good place to learn to use wands a bit better.

Also you can wait until higher ranks and go to a place called azuremain where many mobs have wands, and use those wands while ranking.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73800 Previous topic | Next topic