Subject: "Necro vs marans" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73689
Show all folders

clnt2020Wed 11-Dec-19 04:14 PM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73689, "Necro vs marans"

Well, hi.

I didn't play for many years. Last my character was a mummy that was totally ruined by a flee/return/fiery eyes (or whatever) maran warrior. I'm not sure if I want to play due to the lack of time and a lot of work, but maybe I'd give it a try - but first, I'd like to know if that bug (inability to rescue myself and zero cooldown on flee/return) was fixed.

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Necro vs marans, Ishuli, 11-Dec-19 05:30 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Necro vs marans, clnt2020, 13-Dec-19 05:20 AM, #2
          Reply This elf warrior sure was abusing a lot of bugs to kill..., Bemused, 13-Dec-19 07:45 AM, #3
          Reply RE: This elf warrior sure was abusing a lot of bugs to ..., clnt2020, 13-Dec-19 08:47 AM, #4
               Reply Here ya go =), Bemused, 13-Dec-19 09:04 AM, #6
                    Reply RE: Here ya go =), clnt2020, 13-Dec-19 09:05 AM, #8
                         Reply RE: Here ya go =), Nalasul, 13-Dec-19 09:11 AM, #9
                         Reply RE: Here ya go =), clnt2020, 13-Dec-19 09:40 AM, #11
                         Reply I was Aulathar, Bemused, 13-Dec-19 09:12 AM, #10
                              Reply RE: I was Aulathar, clnt2020, 13-Dec-19 09:43 AM, #12
          Reply Better spend those bit of money to "buy" yourself a bit..., Sekpak, 13-Dec-19 08:57 AM, #5
               Reply RE: Better spend those bit of money to , clnt2020, 13-Dec-19 09:04 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Better spend those bit of money to , Illanthos, 13-Dec-19 02:13 PM, #13

IshuliWed 11-Dec-19 05:30 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2121 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73690, "RE: Necro vs marans"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know anything about the zero-cooldown on flee return thing. If by that you mean you fled, came back, and the Maran auto-attacked you again... That's not a bug, that's what `Eyes of Flame` do.

As for rescue, you **cannot** always successfully order your pets to rescue you. Mobs (which pets are) do not perfectly process wait states (lag from commands). So they won't process an order until that is cleared. AFAIK the best way to clear that is to have them fight/kill some lowbie mobs or something. This issue still exists.

Hope that answers your questions!

-Ish

clnt2020Fri 13-Dec-19 05:20 AM
224 posts
#73692, "RE: Necro vs marans"
In response to Reply #1

No, from what I remember, there was a different abuse.

Warrior with eyes was doing hit-n-run. Because of the eyes, he had free attack round, while I was unable to rescue - zombies had to be fighting to rescue. It was taking 3-4 rounds. As soon as some of zombies were in a fight, he was fleeing and returning instantly, abusing second bug (zombies refused to rescue) + gaining a free attack round. Rinse, repeat. As a result, he was fighting only necromancer, zombies were out of the fight for the most of time. Good svs spell + edges against blindness made it impossible to blind him and counter this tactic (out of 30 blindness attempts, 1 worked).

So... As I understand, zombies rescue problem wasn't fixed. Do you need help with it? Pretty sure I can invest a bit of money into a good developer's salary to fix some bugs.

BemusedFri 13-Dec-19 07:45 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#73693, "This elf warrior sure was abusing a lot of bugs to kill..."
In response to Reply #2

Name and shame the elf! (I have a feeling I know who it was)

Mummies have always been underpowered though =(

clnt2020Fri 13-Dec-19 08:47 AM
224 posts
#73694, "RE: This elf warrior sure was abusing a lot of bugs to ..."
In response to Reply #3

Bro, I don't remember not just his name, I don't even remember the name of my own character. So can't help you there

BemusedFri 13-Dec-19 09:03 AM
663 posts
#73696, "Here ya go =)"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Fri 13-Dec-19 09:04 AM

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=130933&mesg_id=130935&page=

Welcome back buddy!

clnt2020Fri 13-Dec-19 09:05 AM
224 posts
#73698, "RE: Here ya go =)"
In response to Reply #6

Haha! Yes! That's it. Thanks
I'm not back yet. I'm just considering if I want to screw my life again

NalasulFri 13-Dec-19 09:11 AM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
215 posts
#73699, "RE: Here ya go =)"
In response to Reply #8

There are a couple undead running around...you could try playing a Maran.

clnt2020Fri 13-Dec-19 09:40 AM
224 posts
#73701, "RE: Here ya go =)"
In response to Reply #9

I don't like their ideology, so I'll have to pass. There is Bemused, he knows how to abuse the code in a right way.

BemusedFri 13-Dec-19 09:12 AM
663 posts
#73700, "I was Aulathar"
In response to Reply #8

You roll the necro, I'm already rolling the elf. See you in the fields!

clnt2020Fri 13-Dec-19 09:43 AM
224 posts
#73702, "RE: I was Aulathar"
In response to Reply #10

First you'll have to clear CF of the existing undeads, I don't want to hunt them for my trinkets! If seriously, maybe, someday. And it won't be a necro that can't raid fort and lock the damned cabal item to disable your broken eyes, heh. Actually, ANY other cabal would let me deal with you, but Tribs was the worst option - I've been idrectly not allowed to lock your cabal item.

By the way, during the last fight I had an orb of travel. Just decided to end that boring existance and die in glory.

See you later, you damned elf.

SekpakFri 13-Dec-19 08:57 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2019
19 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73695, "Better spend those bit of money to "buy" yourself a bit..."
In response to Reply #2

You do not cast blindness or curse on non-slept elves. You cast crimson scourge and poison first of all as it checks against their con, not int+wis+saves. Now if they can still parry your army - weaken them also.

Not many people have enough stat coverage to fight against it and if they have - they sacrificed everything else for this.

clnt2020Fri 13-Dec-19 09:04 AM
224 posts
#73697, "RE: Better spend those bit of money to "
In response to Reply #5

Yep. But if they have a full set from ST + bots of speed and +20str in reserve and -million svs spell, it won't (mostly) work Wand of wither would help, maybe. But only if it would be a normal fight, not flee-return-eyes broken combowombo. Anyways, I've been thinking for a couple of years about it and how to deal with that, maybe I have a solution even with this broken code existing there.

Still, I'd like to offer a sponsorship of some bugfixes, if that is an option. I surely can donate some thousands of $ for a game that I've been playing (and loving/hating) for about 20 years.

IllanthosFri 13-Dec-19 02:13 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#73703, "RE: Better spend those bit of money to "
In response to Reply #7

That is making a lot of gear assumptions. Rare is the character that can maintain high SVS, stats, and hitroll/damroll. This is made even harder since ST and Hell are closed.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73689 Previous topic | Next topic