Subject: "Current State of the Game with this new RP path" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73586
Show all folders

flaaayinSat 26-Oct-19 10:53 AM
Member since 24th May 2011
55 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73586, "Current State of the Game with this new RP path"
Edited on Sat 26-Oct-19 10:53 AM

I hardly ever post but I wanted to post this because things are getting a bit out of hand. The current state of the cabals and this new RP line has really turned a lot of people off to the game.

The state of a certain cabal have endless numbers coupled with what seems to be complete immortal backing to do whatever they want, makes being an enemy of this thing quite disheartening. You have very strange RP bedfellows of power houses who in a previous recent times would be disallowed and even RP punished. Add to that a quite broken raid mechanic with orc village being abused completely by multiple cabals. A seemingly strange disregard for ethos and cabal dogma to "get things done" seems to hover over the whole situation.

I still don't understand how an orc who has more warrants to his name than almost anyone is the perfect ally to an orderly mummy is beyond me. While I understand there is most likely stellar RP happening to make that perfectly reasonable, it seems the lines are being crossed to powerhouse things and its state sponsored, and that sponsorship is producing douches.

All of that considered and possibly still acceptable, the sheer douche-osity of those involved is the greater problem. First, go and look at Twitter during this post, which doesn't tell the whole story, but shows basically super ganging of anyone who seems to stay logged in. The full looting and sac'ing that is transpiring is also difficult. I have watched a few and I don't know the story behind it, which I accept but its piss poor to see. Plus many little RP moments that would limit Tribunal being completely ignored. For example:

Summoning and plaguing mobs in Galadon by a Tribunal leader to chase off raiders would have gotten anyone warranted in the past. Or summoning people to the river so they float one space out then get ganged down by 3 people by the Provost. That specifically in the past was a kick out offense. Strange mis-warrants or very gray area warrants that is abused over and over like the "if you stand at the Captain too long you get a warrant" seems gross and very anti-fun.

Then add to that character in the Tribunal cabal itself who is ultra aggressive and abuses cabal mechanics. I did the same thing 6 or 7 years ago with an character in Tribunal, basically insta-killing anyone who left any gate, and was pulled by immortals that it was not only against roleplay for Tribunal but also warned if I continued it I would be punished. Yet its going on right now, constantly and seems also to be state sponsored.

With all that being said, it is your game again. I don't really post much anymore because I honestly don't think things will change and I deal with the circumstances, but its pushing the underdog players out. I have dealt with many underdog situations, and I know this is part of some kind of grand Emnon character sponsored thing, but its a bit out of hand. But wow, this is turning into a pretty bad thing for anyone not on the "winning" side. I don't know the final goal of all of this, and I'm sure its going to be awesome, but I think the immortals in charge should take a closer look at things.

Maybe reward and promote the underdogs a lot more instead of piling on more power to those already smooshing people. Good luck out there, that is my two cents. Flame away, as is the right of all CF players.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

CommonSense (Anonymous)Sat 26-Oct-19 10:54 AM
Charter member
#73588, "A couple of thoughts."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 26-Oct-19 11:11 AM

1) This should probably be deleted, it's full of thinly veiled character assassination based off what I assume is discord chatter.

2) The orc has never had a warrant and isn't chaotic. What's the conflict?

3) Twitter doesn't tell the whole story. Ever. It may show a five man gank, it doesn't show who the aggressor was. In this case, it was a single player suiciding over and over.

4) Summoning and plaguing mobs in GALADON would be an issue. I've never seen that occur. The Spire is not Galadon.

5) *Ishuli (me) already edited this, so editing again.*

6) There is an edict against summoning to rivers. Not summoning in general.

7) If only there was a way to avoid being pk'd by trib. Like entire areas where they aren't allowed to attack you? Imms, can we see about getting that coded? I know you're short on manpower but it would really help.

8) I really don't see how this is an ooc problem as opposed to an IC one. Forge alliances, cultivate a resistant, do what the mummy is doing and send notes (there's someone in game who will forward any to all and isn't hard to find) offering help for the combos you need. It's what they're doing. What's stopping you? Cut the head off the monster and the body will die.

flaaayinSat 26-Oct-19 11:03 AM
Member since 24th May 2011
55 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73589, "RE: A couple of thoughts."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sat 26-Oct-19 11:14 AM

1) I play periodically and see things. Most of that is first hand knowledge.

2). That isn't true I have seen him explicitly with a warrant. Multiple ones.

3) It is an example of the state. If you look there is two different characters.

4) I have explicitly seen it occur, first hand.

5) Ishedited

6) I witnessed it happen. Again I'm not in the full know of things but that was an uninductable offense in the past.

7) This is funny. And dumb.

8) There is quite a difference between forging alliances and throwing out everything for power gaming. This looks to be the latter. I don't have perfect clarity so I'm putting it out there.

Good luck!

robdarken_Sat 26-Oct-19 11:18 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73590, "RE: A couple of thoughts."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sat 26-Oct-19 11:23 AM

1) Click OP.

2) Check the author field.

3) Remember you were Flaaayin.

4) Go #### yourself.

2 and 4 also apply to the anon-poster.

edit: forgot how to count

CommonSense (Anonymous)Sat 26-Oct-19 11:21 AM
Charter member
#73592, "Hi Rob."
In response to Reply #3

It makes sense you'd be triggered by Common Sense.

I hope that Florida crotch rot kills you.

CommonSense (Anonymous)Sat 26-Oct-19 11:20 AM
Charter member
#73591, "A couple more."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sat 26-Oct-19 11:24 AM

2) *Ish edit. This is becoming a bit much now, let's please not talk specifics about ongoing characters, thanks.*

7) It's dumb, but it's true.

8) Whatever happened to the Fortlander collusion people whined about for years. That would be perfect right now. As for trib's actions how are they throwing out everything for power gaming? My understanding was they made Empire essentially submit to their dominance. It could be much, much worse if they were working with Empire as closely as other trib generations have.

Anyway my point stands. Whining about it ooc (unless there is actual cheating going on) isn't going to help. Roll up and take them out.

Hell, play with your friends.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73586 Previous topic | Next topic