Subject: "Ranger available terrains & expertises" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73554
Show all folders

CalionWed 09-Oct-19 01:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73554, "Ranger available terrains & expertises"

Looking at the available terrains & expertises for different races, storm giants especially seem way too thematically restricted. In general I think that Forest should basically be a terrain and Survivalist an expertise choice for every race. I.e. less forcing of "common" or "most likely" racial background for rangers, but rather adding more variety/combos to play.

As far as stormies go, besides Forest & Survivalist, adding at least also Marshdweller (keeping with their wet theme) & Explorer seems reasonable (I'm just thinking in terms of expanding their very limited options, not in the skill sets, but I doubt there's an über ranger build in there).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SPNThu 10-Oct-19 10:18 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73556, "If I recall right.."
In response to Reply #0

When expertise/terrain changes went in, and they opened up a bunch of new races, they justified not giving those races Forester/survivalist because they were not permitted to be rangers previously. And pre-change rangers we're all forester/survivalists.

KalageadonFri 11-Oct-19 07:56 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73558, "Correct."
In response to Reply #2

Don't get me wrong though. I can see the argument about opening up a little bit more for the home terrains or expertise though. Marsh really does make a pretty good fit for a Storm and that's just one example.

DallevianWed 09-Oct-19 08:27 PM
1618 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73555, "i always thought storms should be mountaineer"
In response to Reply #0

but maybe those stormies on Kiadana are all just warriors or something

CointreauThu 10-Oct-19 10:41 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73557, "Aren't they waging war on the Fire Giants?"
In response to Reply #1

They're not on their home terrain, they're invading.

DallevianFri 11-Oct-19 08:31 AM
1618 posts
#73560, "but they done been at it for 10,000 years! nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73554 Previous topic | Next topic