Subject: "Rangers in Tribunal " Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73550
Show all folders

DeathIncarnateMon 30-Sep-19 08:08 PM
Member since 29th Oct 2005
116 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73550, "Rangers in Tribunal "

With the odd ranger in trib these days has me thinking. Outlanders are their main enemy obviously. If assassins/thieves join Outlander they lose hide amongst other things.

If rangers join trib they lose nothing.

Think about that a trib ranger from the city can camo at the tree and only ranger outlanders can see them no other outlanders that live in the wilds. Plus the trib can see all outlanders.

My thought is any ranger joining trib should lose acute vision.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TwistMon 30-Sep-19 11:38 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73551, "RE: Rangers in Tribunal "
In response to Reply #0

Rangers are vastly better when they spend most of their time in the wilds. 'Rangers don't lose anything' isn't really true at all. Any Trib who spends their time on duty as they should (to get moved up) will lose a massive amount of wilderness time and their skills will be affected.

DeathIncarnateTue 01-Oct-19 12:42 AM
Member since 29th Oct 2005
116 posts
#73552, "RE: Rangers in Tribunal "
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the reply. True they lose fast cam etc.

incognitoTue 01-Oct-19 02:57 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73553, "RE: Rangers in Tribunal "
In response to Reply #2

Having done both trib ranger and trib druid, I can confirm that there are handicaps. That said, the druid still felt strong.

KalageadonFri 11-Oct-19 08:04 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
#73559, "RE: Rangers in Tribunal "
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, this is huge. People always talk about fast camo but suffering on defense, creep efficiency and speed, and I'm sure many others is awful.

This huge hamstring, is why for years I asked that all wilderness areas help with wilderness time, e.g. water, desert, etc. Losing the "at home" in the wilderness really hampers a ranger big time.

Not to mention, years ago, they took wilderness areas out of pretty well every city, with the exception of water ways, but I'm also fairly sure that water doesn't count towards wilderness time except if you're a Mariner and since it's in a city, it may not count at all. The park in Galadon and the grove in Voralian, etc, used to be wilderness, if I recall.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73550 Previous topic | Next topic