Subject: "Make the game smaller" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73434
Show all folders

laxmanMon 05-Aug-19 06:06 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73434, "Make the game smaller"

Just drifted back for a bit and man the situation was tough. Low numbers make everything so swingy. I think just as a few years ago some areas started melding to make the game a better size for the PB I think some other similar changes could help players to get more interaction with each other.

Mobility- make teleport into vanish. The game is simply so big that teleport is too effective given its cost and availability. It can’t even be blocked like word except by a leader power. Making it harder to avoid interaction leads to more and turning it into a same area teleport adds new interesting utility. It makes assassins less special but they can take it. Or as a middle ground make it teleport in the range that an air firm above could see area wise, little bit more distance but not a total get out of jail free card.

Cabals- there are too many. Reduce it down to 4. Herald and trib combine to become the adventure guild, they don’t do cabal wars they just keep the cities safe and tend the inn, special guards go everywhere and they get defender powers to help explore.
-Empire becomes legion and absorbs scarab, accepts non good, anyone can join any sect, you can be without a sect, emperor does not get leader powers but gets the emperors boon. They give it to a sect and that sect gets night walkers(emperor gets 2). Vote is held every month, all imperials vote, higher tier players get more votes, whoever wins the most sects becomes emperor. You can do the same for sect leaders if their spots are open.
-fort takes all non evil, acolytes pick up some good outlander abilities.
-entropy consumes outlander and village, takes all non orderly. Has three tribes, tribe of the bear gets berserker powers minus death blow, spellbane just helps makes saves and resist is cut in half, trophy from pc becomes rot death. The tribe of the wolf are basically neutral outlanders, and the tribe of the maelstrom is normal entropy.

Make cabal induct on creation, all 3 of the primary cabals are at war with each other, less complications mean cabal wars are more likely to be balanced, having access to cabal channel helps build connections and generally more power helps groups still crack areas made for a different era.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

robdarken_Tue 06-Aug-19 08:45 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73438, "Make yourself bigger. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

JarmelMon 05-Aug-19 10:57 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73436, "Not a huge fan"
In response to Reply #0

Teleport is not without its risks.

And well for my last few characters I dont think less cabals will change anything, there needs to be a mindset change in cabalwars. Part of this is the risk v reward of which edges play a role. And when I hit 25 retrevals against opposition with Jhelruk I was disapointed with what I actually got (Zero edge choices to like 8) and to get that I faced multiple beat downs from 4+ defenders lost gear, lost con, lost gold etc.

Varric is a great example, I solo raided fort far to many times against 1 defender, sometimes 2+ defenders, and rarely 3+ defenders. 80% of those raids I saw the defender walk to the outer maran and then just leave. No attempt to defend and no attempt of retrieval.

It got to the point where I felt more than comfortable sleeping inside fort under 300hp when there were defenders on, and an enemy should never be left in a position where they feel this way IMHO.

LhydiaMon 05-Aug-19 06:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73435, "Ew. "
In response to Reply #0

If it requires coding it pretty much won't get done for a while. Also how do you not realize teleport can't be done in combat?

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73434 Previous topic | Next topic