Subject: "Really strange event idea - feel free to rip apart" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73399
Show all folders

IrishMidnightTue 25-Jun-19 08:17 AM
Member since 14th Jan 2017
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73399, "Really strange event idea - feel free to rip apart"

Bare with me, and I think the most important thing would be an appropriate RP angle (I interpret that as being the biggest risk factor).

What if once a month, for a 72 hour period, the mud turned into a "version of the future" (my only attempt at an RP angle so far) where it's a clean slate CF, all gear reset to mobs, and all the pfiles are hero leveled (or appropriately set for goblins, orcs, necromancers(?)) and any newly created player would be set to hero (this would most likely need to restrict characters created from a single IP, be it 10 minutes or something more significant).

After the 72 hour period, the pfiles and everything would be restored to the moment before "the vision" began. Ideally, RP would stay intact, but could possibly appeal to many players? Otherwise, it could be just that I'm sleep deprived.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliTue 25-Jun-19 10:36 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73402, "RE: Really strange event idea - feel free to rip apart"
In response to Reply #0

While I like the idea for plot/story stuff, this doesn't REALLY sound like one to me. It sounds more like just an excuse to make things really easy every once and a while for a short period of time.

Given my views about the game in general, I'm very against that, even for a temporary period (at least as combined and presented). And it would be a lot of work coding side for something that CF isn't trying to be.

If the GOAL of this is to appeal to more players, I'd rather do it other ways.

But if the idea is simple 'visions' that people can enter of different 'times' - that's actually something we've bounced around before. But it's more stepping into history than into the future, and doesn't involve making anything easier. So at least we both kinda like that idea .

-Ish

UmironTue 25-Jun-19 10:35 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73401, "RE: Really strange event idea - feel free to rip apart"
In response to Reply #0

> What if once a month ... all the pfiles are hero leveled ...

You're confusing PMS with POS.

LhydiaTue 25-Jun-19 09:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73400, " what n/t"
In response to Reply #0

Gr

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73399 Previous topic | Next topic