Subject: "Playing from Website?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73360
Show all folders

LokainThu 13-Jun-19 06:01 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73360, "Playing from Website?"

Any chance this can get up and running? I'm trying to get back into the game and I'm still shopping around for a good MUD client I can use on my Apple. Being able to play at the lowbie levels through the site would be great.

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KalageadonFri 14-Jun-19 06:25 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1041 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73374, "Client"
In response to Reply #0

Also, I recommend Mudlet for Mac. It takes a little getting used to but it's fairly user friendly and there are some youtube videos for helping to set up alias, triggers, etc.

LokainFri 14-Jun-19 07:00 PM
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73376, "RE: Client"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, I've been tooling around with that one a little bit. It's pretty similar to zmud it seems, but some of the functions are a little screwy to me since some things work a bit differently.

Thanks

incognitoFri 14-Jun-19 11:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73366, "Dunno if this helps but"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 14-Jun-19 11:31 AM

On my phone (cue Jalim) the website access to the game worked only after I'd downloaded an app called Juice.

So there may be some piece of software that you could download to your pc that works enable it you to play from the site.

That said I'd recommend using a proper client if at all possible! You'll get a better playing experience and there are free ones out there.

LokainFri 14-Jun-19 07:02 PM
173 posts
#73377, "RE: Dunno if this helps but"
In response to Reply #1

>That said I'd recommend using a proper client if at all
>possible! You'll get a better playing experience and there are
>free ones out there.

Oh yeah, for sure. I haven't played for about 10 years and I never used any kind of mapping system or traveling scripts. I always remembered the amount of spaces between distances to run quickly. I figure tooling around on the web based version would be good practice in the lowbie range until I find a serviceable client.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73360 Previous topic | Next topic