Subject: "Relio’s Fun Challenge For Ishuli’s Nerdin..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73308
Show all folders

RelioSun 02-Jun-19 08:41 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73308, "Relio’s Fun Challenge For Ishuli’s Nerdiness"

😀

Check it out: the help file for entwine says if you entwine someone it significantly lowers their chance to dodge and somewhat lowers yours. Experientially, it seems like it’s the reverse. I looked at a bunch of logs and it seems like I could be right and the help file wrong, but there are a lot of variables. For example, one person might be dodging more because the other person is getting more attacks or maybe dodge is impacted by a -dex factor not evident in the log.

Maybe that would be a fun thing to test, Ish? Like pit two identical warriors at each other and measure their dodge while entwined vs not entwined with all possible variables removed and see who gets the raw end of the entwine deal - entwinor or entwinee?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply IIRC the victim gets the slow affect, Destuvius, 03-Jun-19 07:37 PM, #8
Reply The help file should be wrong..., Saagkri, 02-Jun-19 07:18 PM, #4
Reply RE: The help file should be wrong..., incognito, 03-Jun-19 06:59 AM, #5
     Reply Exactly. NT, Relio, 03-Jun-19 08:28 AM, #7
Reply RE: Relio’s Fun Challenge For Ishuli’s Ne..., Ishuli, 02-Jun-19 10:14 AM, #1
     Reply For the record..., Relio, 02-Jun-19 10:23 AM, #2
          Reply RE: For the record..., Ishuli, 02-Jun-19 10:25 AM, #3
          Reply Fwiw, incognito, 03-Jun-19 07:02 AM, #6

DestuviusMon 03-Jun-19 07:37 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73329, "IIRC the victim gets the slow affect"
In response to Reply #0

more useful against some people than others

SaagkriSun 02-Jun-19 07:18 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#73320, "The help file should be wrong..."
In response to Reply #0

I would be happy for that. Being able to prevent someone from fleeing for that long should be a calculated risk for the one who entwines.

If it really makes the opponent dodge worse than you, then entwine is too much I think. There should be a slight trade-off. Because the entwiner can also flee if it's going poorly (at least one fled from a char I had after he entwined me).

So, it should be no one can flee OR the entwiner is at a slight combat disadvantage.

incognitoMon 03-Jun-19 06:59 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73323, "RE: The help file should be wrong..."
In response to Reply #4

I disagree.

The entwiner is also giving up a weapon for 2 rounds. More if unable to see to rewield. Plus he loses some dodge and that loss of dodge overlaps with the loss of the weapon.

Plus he's picked whip and thus forgone an alternative spec.

One other issue to consider is that some people's dodge is great and others it is rubbish, even before entwine. So a giant being entwined isn't being disadvantaged much anyway, since losing Dodge isn't that significant, whereas an aerial entwining him is taking a big hit losing even half his Dodge.

RelioMon 03-Jun-19 08:28 AM
246 posts
#73325, "Exactly. NT"
In response to Reply #5

N

IshuliSun 02-Jun-19 10:14 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
#73310, "RE: Relio’s Fun Challenge For Ishuli’s Ne..."
In response to Reply #0

I don't have the ability to pit two identical warriors at each other or anything like that, nor to see how exactly entwine works.

But I can fiddle with a few things to see if that's accurate . I know in helpfiles we're not aiming to mention ALL factors, but just a general idea of how something works. But it would be bad if the helpfile said the opposite of the truth .

-Ish

RelioSun 02-Jun-19 10:23 AM
246 posts
#73311, "For the record..."
In response to Reply #1

If I’m right, I’d prefer the skill be changed to match the help than the reverse. 😀

IshuliSun 02-Jun-19 10:25 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
#73312, "RE: For the record..."
In response to Reply #2

Unlucky for you, I can only do one of those.

And not the one you like .

incognitoMon 03-Jun-19 07:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73324, "Fwiw"
In response to Reply #2

I support Relio on this.

With my arial whip spec, entwine netted me just one kill, because my Dodge was nerfed so hard that after 2 rounds of eating melee, I was normally vulnerable to their active damage skills, so even sword spec was not enough to take advantage. So after a while I just stopped entwining.

Legacies were calming and gates.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73308 Previous topic | Next topic