Subject: "Relio’s Fun Shifter Question" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73307
Show all folders

RelioSun 02-Jun-19 08:32 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73307, "Relio’s Fun Shifter Question"

If you go double major shifter focus, IE major: offense minor: offense, can you get a form as your major, roll/spin it, and get it again as your minor?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KalageadonSun 02-Jun-19 01:35 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73313, "Yes."
In response to Reply #0

Zulg or Daev answered this a long time ago, more or less. If you roll or spin, it puts the whole group back into play except the one you're spinning. There are some other tricks that you won't get certain forms together naturally when ranking but spin/roll also overrules those.

JormyrSun 02-Jun-19 04:01 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#73315, "RE: Yes."
In response to Reply #2

I think you're misunderstanding his question slightly. Based on what I know - your forms are decided when you select your focus. This also includes some checks to make certain you don't end up repeating a form in the case of double focus, and I believe at some later point, checks to ensure you don't end up with absurdly repetitive forms like tortoise/armadillo.

Given that, you're answering whether "Are these non-repetitive forms still off-limits when I roll". Which means now you could roll your tortoise/diamondback and end up with tortoise/armadillo.

My understanding of the question is "I had tortoise/diamondback, rolled it and got mongoose. Can I now pick a minor focus and vet diamondback again." Unless specific code exists to track your old form and prevent it, yes, you can, and I would guess its such an unlikely scenario that no-one would have written the code, so I expect it is possible.

(I mean...hero, roll, THEN pick the same minor focus, AND be unlucky enough to double it up? Yeah, just pick your doubled minor before you spin.)

That said, I'm also the guy who played util/util and got spider, baboon, howler monkey, and orangutan. Yeah, I lasted two weeks before I couldn't handle it any more.

IllanthosMon 03-Jun-19 09:08 AM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#73327, "RE: Yes."
In response to Reply #3

I hope you played up being the master of all things primate and got a cool title for it.

RelioMon 03-Jun-19 08:31 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#73326, "Oh yeah, I remember that post now."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks.

IshuliSun 02-Jun-19 10:13 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
#73309, "No idea."
In response to Reply #0

We'll have to wait for someone else to enlighten us, since I legitimately have no idea.

-Ish

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73307 Previous topic | Next topic