Subject: "long time locked doors" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73258
Show all folders

Curious_Explorer (Anonymous)Tue 21-May-19 08:28 PM
Charter member
#73258, "long time locked doors"

I am curious for years over several explorers there are few locked doors/chests that afaik no one has ever opened. I am wondering if there are actual keys for them or there are bugs in the system?

In forgotten crypts...

Massive Doors on first sublevel
Locked crypt

In mansion of twilight...

Two doors in hallway when first you enter
Locked crate by commander

I am just wondering if these are all able to be unlocked?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'm by no means an explore guy but I'm pretty sure I've..., TheBluestThumb, 26-May-19 03:57 PM, #13
Reply RE: long time locked doors, Ishuli, 21-May-19 08:45 PM, #1
     Reply you don't have to be thief and pick them do you? nt, Curious_Explorer (Anonymous), 21-May-19 09:20 PM, #2
          Reply He already pretty much gave you the answers you wanted...., Lhydia, 22-May-19 05:16 AM, #3
               Reply You should have said something sooner, incognito, 22-May-19 07:07 AM, #4
                    Reply Unfortunately..., Lhydia, 22-May-19 09:49 AM, #5
                         Reply Gear didn't make you flee chessmasters, incognito, 22-May-19 03:53 PM, #6
                              Reply Stahp., Ishuli, 22-May-19 04:05 PM, #7
                              Reply He started it., Lhydia, 22-May-19 04:31 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: Fluffle, Lhydia, 22-May-19 04:29 PM, #8
                                   Reply You should both upgrade from your commodore64s. (n/t), JohnEveryMan, 22-May-19 07:01 PM, #10
                                   Reply Actually my post had nothing to do with your gear, incognito, 23-May-19 06:58 AM, #11
                                        Reply Re-read my post. n/t, Lhydia, 23-May-19 03:20 PM, #12
                                             Reply Reread the log and thread, incognito, 28-May-19 12:21 AM, #14
                                                  Reply BUT DID THE DOORS UNLOCK DAURWYN?, Lhydia, 28-May-19 05:03 AM, #15
                                                       Reply RE: BUT DID THE DOORS UNLOCK DAURWYN?, incognito, 28-May-19 07:42 AM, #16

TheBluestThumbSun 26-May-19 03:57 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73274, "I'm by no means an explore guy but I'm pretty sure I've..."
In response to Reply #0

f

IshuliTue 21-May-19 08:45 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73259, "RE: long time locked doors"
In response to Reply #0

Yes = Can be opened. Doesn't always mean with a key, but can be.
No = Can't be opened.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

I hope that helps .

-Ish

Curious_Explorer (Anonymous)Tue 21-May-19 09:20 PM
Charter member
#73260, "you don't have to be thief and pick them do you? nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

LhydiaWed 22-May-19 05:15 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
#73261, "He already pretty much gave you the answers you wanted...."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 22-May-19 05:16 AM

You can get into them. That's more spoon than other people give.

Remember this though as an example. In the Violet Forest there are a lot of gears at work because I'm pretty sure gnomes are involved. You have to use a lever in one room to have a ladder fall so you can go up. You have to use a lever in a different room to open that door.

Not all doors require keys or can even be opened with open command.

I did the best I could to answer this from my old dell computer with keys that sometimes don't register, because its an old computer that I sent this message from.

incognitoWed 22-May-19 07:07 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73262, "You should have said something sooner"
In response to Reply #3

I'd have been less critical of you avoiding fights without backup, and leaving your groupmates to die, if I'd known your pk limitations were hardware related.

LhydiaWed 22-May-19 09:49 AM
2379 posts
#73263, "Unfortunately..."
In response to Reply #4

The one fight you frequently reference was from 2007 when I had an even OLDER computer and keyboard setup. My suggestion would be send a really weird email to the current IMP staff to complain about it and make sure you mention that you play CF from a cell phone so that they will retroactively take away the piece of gear from that character that made him teleport out of that fight instead of dying to you.

Sent from my iPod (pooping).

incognitoWed 22-May-19 03:53 PM
4495 posts
#73264, "Gear didn't make you flee chessmasters"
In response to Reply #5

And gear didn't make you fail to attempt retrieval when an invoker refused to shield you for the attempt.

It's ok though. The keyboard is a good enough reason.

IshuliWed 22-May-19 04:05 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
#73265, "Stahp."
In response to Reply #6

Shame on you two, this thread is about OPENING doors (and chests), not closing them on someone else!

<3

-Ish

LhydiaWed 22-May-19 04:31 PM
2379 posts
#73267, "He started it."
In response to Reply #7

And I am pretty sure he plays cf from a cell phone.

LhydiaWed 22-May-19 04:29 PM
2379 posts
#73266, "RE: Fluffle"
In response to Reply #6

Your whole bitchy character assassinate log/comment fest at the time was that a Paladin should not be able to wear a piece of gear that teleports then when they are wounded. Your log was of me being teleported out of chess masters while my newb group mates stayed to die after I already told them to be ready to flee. Do you keep logs on your cell phone by chance?

Also omg how are you still upset I didn’t want to go die to you with my 700 hp Paladin and let a low or retrieve instead 12 years later?

I am sendin this from my iPod while sitting at my computer playing Hearthstone instead of CF because my daughter has to go to gymnastics not because I am avoiding logging in out of fear that my character might die to you.

JohnEveryManWed 22-May-19 07:01 PM
Member since 25th Aug 2012
247 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73268, "You should both upgrade from your commodore64s. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #8

I would have sent this earlier but I had to charge my phone.

Sent from my Iphone

incognitoThu 23-May-19 06:58 AM
4495 posts
#73269, "Actually my post had nothing to do with your gear"
In response to Reply #8

I posted a log of me defeating a large group that included the strongest of my enemies (you).

Others objected to you wearing the gear that removed you from combat. Not me.

But interesting that both you and Baer jumped to the same conclusion that I was trying to assassinate your character.

The stuff you did that I looked down on was were you actively bailed on allies when not at great risk, or didn't try to retrieve when not at great risk. The former also featured in a log (because, again, it allowed me to pk against a stronger force) but the latter didn't.

LhydiaThu 23-May-19 03:20 PM
2379 posts
#73270, "Re-read my post. n/t"
In response to Reply #11

gr

Desktop.

incognitoTue 28-May-19 12:21 AM
4495 posts
#73277, "Reread the log and thread"
In response to Reply #12

You are right that your gear got you out of the fight, but only an idiot could take this log as an assassination attempt. And again, it wasn't me who criticised you using that gear.

It was a good log.

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?18,790364,790364#msg-790364

LhydiaTue 28-May-19 05:03 AM
2379 posts
#73278, "BUT DID THE DOORS UNLOCK DAURWYN?"
In response to Reply #14

Once again you're still pretty obsessed about a very little minor event on a text based RP game that happened 12 years ago. That was my point. It wasn't that great a log. An invoker spammed and died during an unprepared group fight. The only reason you posted it in the first place was to get the discussion about fluffle cloak going.

'it wasn't me who criticised you using that gear'

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

incognitoTue 28-May-19 07:40 AM
4495 posts
#73279, "RE: BUT DID THE DOORS UNLOCK DAURWYN?"
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Tue 28-May-19 07:42 AM

You, sir, are messed up if you believe it was posted to make you look bad. I'll let others be the judge of which of us is right about that.

And don't be a hypocrite about taking a thread off topic. You were the one that took a potshot at me. Don't blame me for responding to it with a dig at you.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73258 Previous topic | Next topic