Subject: "Posting Anon bug" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72737
Show all folders

JohnEveryManThu 04-Apr-19 08:01 AM
Member since 25th Aug 2012
247 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72737, "Posting Anon bug"

So, I've noticed when someone posts under an alias that if they edit that post later and you look at the recent posts section the thread
will say "Last modified by (Username)". Which makes it pretty easy to tell who is playing who by the last edit/post.

Anyway, just a headsup and or fyi for anyone posting under Anon char name.

Sent from my Iphone

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JormyrThu 04-Apr-19 10:26 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72738, "By (bad, horrible, godawful) design."
In response to Reply #0

Mostly just the fact that this forum software is in some ways horrible decrepit. If we notice it, we as Immortals will often make a quick (non-)edit so it shows "Last modified by Immortalname".

KoeKhaosThu 04-Apr-19 11:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72739, "This would be a good one to farm out I would think..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 04-Apr-19 12:07 PM

Surely one of us, if we could see the code, could come up with a patch and give it to you guys to add. I'm under the impression some changes have already been made to the original code so we couldn't just use that. I can't imagine a fix for this to be that overly difficult unless the code base is seriously insane in some way. Hell, I've looked for the original codebase before to see if I couldn't make a fix myself and send it in but I can't find it anywhere as DCScripts.com doesn't seem to be active anymore and no one hosts this codebase.

IshuliThu 04-Apr-19 05:58 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
#72740, "RE: This would be a good one to farm out I would think...."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Thu 04-Apr-19 06:00 PM

I know at some point we were aiming to update the forums, but I'm honestly not sure where we left off on that aside from waiting on certain peeps.

I'll check again on it and update here.

Otherwise that's a very kind offer if you're willing to do it, so I'll forward that along too .

-Ish

Edited to add: Confirmed we're just waiting on a certain person's presence and then maybe we can pursue updatey stuff.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72737 Previous topic | Next topic