Subject: "Opt out of exp bonus?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72701
Show all folders

CarrockTue 26-Mar-19 10:09 AM
Member since 13th Mar 2019
51 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72701, "Opt out of exp bonus?"

Hey everyone, recently a topic of having a toggle between learning and exp bonus was floated on this forum
(discussion here: http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=71358&mesg_id=71358&listing_type=search).

Personally, I love this idea, However, the Imms were against it, for numerous reasons. Let's accept that and move on.

How about then at least having a way to opt _out_ of the exp bonus?

There's an exp bonus going on as I type this. I decided to log out, because I was advancing too fast, without the chance to work on the skills.

Believe me when I say that I am not trolling you, I just didn't want to rank up too quickly and I don't feel that I need to be punished with this, if I don't want it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoTue 26-Mar-19 02:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72705, "RE: Opt out of exp bonus?"
In response to Reply #0

I've done the same.

Basically the only thing that's encouraged me to group was the Uber learning bonus, because it enabled me to get the key skills up and then join others for ranking.

DallevianTue 26-Mar-19 12:32 PM
1618 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72704, "i'd be more than happy"
In response to Reply #0

to take your bonus and add it to mine. quadruple exp! or at least 3x

: )

LhydiaTue 26-Mar-19 10:28 AM
2379 posts
#72702, "lol @ being punished "
In response to Reply #0

Damned if you do damned if you don’t. Sometimes I think ‘poor imms’. But then I go back and read the *jingles his keys at you* response and think about edge changes and I get over it.

SaagkriTue 26-Mar-19 12:08 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#72703, "RE: lol @ being punished "
In response to Reply #1

Except, the opt-out suggestion was made to address the "damned if you do" part.

I like bonuses and don't care if there's an opt-out, but in many cases, a small change is all it takes to avoid the catch-22. Of course, you have to consider and act on reasonable feedback for it to work.

robdarken_Mon 08-Apr-19 10:25 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72752, "*jongles hims key @ u* nt"
In response to Reply #1

nicetryKEYUNJANGLER

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72701 Previous topic | Next topic