Subject: "Don't post goodbyes on Gameplay, and don't post goodbye..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72668
Show all folders

UmironTue 12-Mar-19 10:06 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72668, "Don't post goodbyes on Gameplay, and don't post goodbyes for denied characters anywhere here. (nt)"

asd

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply Good job cracking down on perma's. I liked Saelriza, bu..., k-b, 12-Mar-19 03:06 PM, #7
Reply I'll echo everyone else.., Java, 12-Mar-19 11:10 AM, #5
Reply Welcome to Umiron fields, Jhyrbian, 12-Mar-19 12:56 PM, #6
Reply Cosign. nt, robdarken_, 12-Mar-19 04:57 PM, #8
Reply Need I say anything more?, Kstatida, 12-Mar-19 10:54 AM, #4
Reply Wow, I'm surprised by this..., Tronimal, 12-Mar-19 10:23 AM, #3
Reply It's ok to be a hardass., JohnEveryMan, 12-Mar-19 10:11 AM, #1
     Reply The power is hungry, it must destroy or it will go ramp..., Blkdrgn, 12-Mar-19 10:21 AM, #2

k-bTue 12-Mar-19 03:06 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72681, "Good job cracking down on perma's. I liked Saelriza, bu..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm sure if the hammer was dropped there must have been good evidence.

I'm not sure about the forum drama. But I'm glad something is being done about the perma situation in the fields. It was getting bad again.

Keep up the good work!

JavaTue 12-Mar-19 11:10 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72673, "I'll echo everyone else.."
In response to Reply #0

Unless a denied player is banned for life from the game, I don't know why you'd forbid them from talking about their character, or other characters they interacted with. Hell, even players that have been perma-banned are still allowed to post on the forums.

What is so offensive about a denied character making a (extremely class) post about other characters and Imms, telling them thank you for the positive experience?

I would get it if it was a rant about unfair Imms or baseless bitching (although that is often allowed to remain), but Saelriza's post was about as reasonable as it gets.

If you moved it to Battlefield, I'd understand it. But nuking it outright seems pretty petty and unnecessary.

JhyrbianTue 12-Mar-19 12:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72680, "Welcome to Umiron fields"
In response to Reply #5

petty is the name of the game

robdarken_Tue 12-Mar-19 04:57 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72683, "Cosign. nt"
In response to Reply #5

arctang

KstatidaTue 12-Mar-19 10:54 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72672, "Need I say anything more?"
In response to Reply #0

TronimalTue 12-Mar-19 10:23 AM
Member since 03rd Apr 2016
75 posts
#72671, "Wow, I'm surprised by this..."
In response to Reply #0

The players post was totally classy, deserved, and.. I'm kinda shocked they were accused of permaing. Considering they logged in as the lone imperial hero against AWFUL odds, for at LEAST a month.. This was actually a character I had immense respect for in game, classy, willing to fight against the odds, and capable. Never once got ganged down by this character, or even really saw them log in with help of any kind... but... I suppose you guys have access to some knowledge we don't. Although, this kind of heavy handed enforcement seems detrimental to retaining players who (from what I saw) were generally good for the game.

JohnEveryManTue 12-Mar-19 10:11 AM
Member since 25th Aug 2012
247 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72669, "It's ok to be a hardass."
In response to Reply #0

The OP didn't even bring up the denial beyond saying that's why they're gone and I saw nothing in the post detrimental to anyone. Their character is already nuked and gone so what does this help?

Sent from my Iphone

BlkdrgnTue 12-Mar-19 10:21 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72670, "The power is hungry, it must destroy or it will go ramp..."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72668 Previous topic | Next topic