Subject: "playerbase/ranking" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72448
Show all folders

lowbie mage (Anonymous)Sat 16-Feb-19 12:47 PM
Charter member
#72448, "playerbase/ranking"

im a long timeold player returned for a try. some good changes. i just cant rank. im not even a combo that wouls be hard to find a group. the playerbase being so small. somethingsgotta be done to make this a little easier if anything to encourage playerbase growth. the game overall seems to be in good shape. it just needs people.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I've not had problems ranking without groups., rex spangler, 16-Feb-19 03:11 PM, #3
Reply RE: playerbase/ranking, incognito, 16-Feb-19 02:04 PM, #1
     Reply cosign, rex spangler, 16-Feb-19 03:01 PM, #2
     Reply I third this (n/t), Onewingedangel, 19-Feb-19 10:19 PM, #7
     Reply Yup, Saagkri, 17-Feb-19 06:33 AM, #4
     Reply You could just stop min/maxing.... , Blkdrgn, 19-Feb-19 10:24 AM, #5
          Reply RE: You could just stop min/maxing.... , incognito, 19-Feb-19 01:29 PM, #6

rex spanglerSat 16-Feb-19 03:11 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2018
95 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72451, "I've not had problems ranking without groups."
In response to Reply #0

You must be in the wrong area. Grabbing a mercenary for the exp bonus should make ranking without a group fairly painless. You just have to find mobs that you can take down without much effort that give a few hundred experience each.

incognitoSat 16-Feb-19 02:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72449, "RE: playerbase/ranking"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 16-Feb-19 02:04 PM

It's not just the size of the playerbase. I'd happily group if it didn't mean I'd end up at high rank with skills that just aren't developed enough, and are hard to practice at high rank.

Put another way, when I'm trying to spam up skills, I already gain experience too fast. Grouping would make that worse.

What would be good is if you could toggle the group exp bonus into a learning bonus. Then I'd be grouping whenever asked.

rex spanglerSat 16-Feb-19 03:01 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2018
95 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72450, "cosign"
In response to Reply #1

ranking is easy, skill grinding sucks

OnewingedangelTue 19-Feb-19 10:19 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#72470, "I third this (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

nt

SaagkriSun 17-Feb-19 06:33 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#72453, "Yup"
In response to Reply #1

Things that discourage players from interacting with / traveling with others really make the game seem lonely even when there are plenty of people on.

Years ago when they made it so you could not pick Galadon as your hometown to spread everyone out, the game went from action-packed to feeling pretty vacant overnight. Even with the same number of players (~80 avg. at the time)

BlkdrgnTue 19-Feb-19 10:24 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
#72466, "You could just stop min/maxing.... "
In response to Reply #1

And play the character as a person who is developing themselves into a true fighter/mage and take it in stride with a few or more skills not being 100%.

Though, with the competitive nature of some/most, it's a null point because people play the game to win PK's, not to be a part of the world . I don't feel like a lvl 15 warrior should be perfect at all weapons and defenses, but a mature warrior at his prime should be near perfect.

My idea might make PK more fun, because when people start failing #### more often and don't just obliterate the range, it's like a live experience of D&D where that roll might win the fight, or it might lose it

Just my 2 cents, play your game how you like and enjoy me being a free pk to you hardcore min/maxers out there

incognitoTue 19-Feb-19 01:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72467, "RE: You could just stop min/maxing.... "
In response to Reply #5

Spam saves time in the long run if you plan to play your character into old age.

Also depending on your build, spam is more or less useful. I don't spam as a druid for example, except to get initiate of the deserts edge (or something). But I would spam as an ap that is trying not to throw away all the souls they've gathered.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72448 Previous topic | Next topic