Subject: "Dual Wield and Defenses" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72263
Show all folders

CointreauMon 10-Dec-18 03:03 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72263, "Dual Wield and Defenses"

I asked this on QHCF but had some follow up questions and figured I should be really asking it of the people in the know.

Few questions below I'm curious about:

1. From the dual wield help file it says it affects parry, dodge and
shield block - how does it impact dodge?

2. If wielding a sword and an axe (weight aside) does it matter which is in your main hand vs. dual, or will you parry equally regardless?

3. Apart from STR, do Felar parry worse than other races when wielding a single handed weapon? Assuming they're not H2H spec or an Assassin.

4. How do 2-handed weapons factor in parry? Will I parry better with a single 2-handed sword vs. a single 1-handed sword?

Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JarmelThu 13-Dec-18 12:54 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72273, "RE: Dual Wield and Defenses"
In response to Reply #0

1. No idea

2. The hand does not matter see link below:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=60600&mesg_id=60600&listing_type=search
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=66655&mesg_id=66655&listing_type=search

3. and 4. I will answer in one hit
One-handed vs two-handed there is no difference in your ability to parry assuming comparing same type of weapon EG sword v sword. See link below:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=48417

JarmelThu 13-Dec-18 07:08 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72274, "RE: Dual Wield and Defenses"
In response to Reply #2

Item 3: Reading back

I will say, and based on the info in item 2. A felar wielding a sword a dual wielding claws would mean they have a 50% chance to not land a parry check as that slot is empty. BUT given the class restriction in regard to dual wield there could be something else at play. So the answer on this isnt so simple.

CointreauSat 15-Dec-18 03:38 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72278, "Thank you. (Nt)"
In response to Reply #3

Nt

robdarken_Mon 10-Dec-18 07:48 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
#72266, "Predictions"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 10-Dec-18 07:50 AM

1. This I have no idea. Maybe the type of weapon you wield effects your dodge in the first place.

2. If you're dual wielding, the game randomly picks one of your two wields for you to parry with.

3. Dual wield checks that the weapon can parry in the first place, and if not doesn't consider parrying with it. So you only parry with the weapon that can.

4. 2H parries better than the same weapon not 2H.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72263 Previous topic | Next topic