Subject: "Small rant" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72250
Show all folders

JaegendarSun 09-Dec-18 01:42 PM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72250, "Small rant"
Edited on Sun 09-Dec-18 01:41 PM

I just went through something that defies explanation and I just want to make sure that there is an IC explanation.

I was playing a lowbie warrior and another lowbie starts to hunt me. He finds me in the oryx steppes. That's fine, I teleport away. I land in the cementery and go to the High sorcery Tower to replenish green potions. I get attacked by the same guy outside the tower, I teleport away and go to Gol galath to kill some dwarfs but he finds and attacks me, I teleport once again and land directly in high sorcery tower again, same warrior bee-lines and attacks me again in the tower. Last time I head to arkham and pledge to the huntress. Yep, warrior shows up and attacks me, so I teleport one last time to the outlying villages. Yup, warrior once again bee-lines for me and kills me after drinking from my water container which mysteriously poisons me.

This defies reason within normal IC parameters, It came to me that maybe someone was spying for him.

I deleted that char.

End rant.

Question: is there an in game reason for something like this happening, someone being able to bee line to my location within minutes after around 5/6 teleports?

-Luis

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Small rant, incognito, 10-Dec-18 05:32 AM, #7
Reply I'm going to edit these posts a bit., Ishuli, 09-Dec-18 01:41 PM, #5
Reply Cool cool. If you saw my post that’s good enough..., Relio, 09-Dec-18 02:58 PM, #6
Reply Probably a certain player, robdarken_, 09-Dec-18 12:01 PM, #4
Reply RE: Small rant, Thaedan (Anonymous), 09-Dec-18 10:26 AM, #3
Reply Poisoned container., ice king, 09-Dec-18 08:00 AM, #2
Reply Its easy to find somebody, Glikberont, 09-Dec-18 05:04 AM, #1

incognitoMon 10-Dec-18 05:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72264, "RE: Small rant"
In response to Reply #0

Probably had someone spying ic.

There are more ways than you'd imagine to track someone.

My last druid, for example, killed a group on the coral head because I was after a ranger and his group mate suddenly had a steak from a mob there.

IshuliSun 09-Dec-18 01:41 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72258, "I'm going to edit these posts a bit."
In response to Reply #0

Even if you deleted, it doesn't mean other people involved did. So keep your discussion focused on how to avoid pk, NOT about currently existing chars.

Thanks!

-Ish

RelioSun 09-Dec-18 02:58 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#72259, "Cool cool. If you saw my post that’s good enough..."
In response to Reply #5

Nt

robdarken_Sun 09-Dec-18 11:58 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72255, "Probably a certain player"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 09-Dec-18 12:01 PM

I used to do the same thing he does, you can find people easier and faster than seems possible if you're prepared to heal refresh infinitely, recall a lot and possibly teleport to cover more ground if you're really greedy and conclude you made too much distance.

That said I'm not denying he could have been helped.

First one, checks desert, yep, road to Oryx is low mvs so I'd check that too.

Finds you at tower. Yep. (People go here and if you catch them in the maze they're boned.)

Finds you at Gol'Galath, yep. (easy check off north road)*

Finds you at tower again, yep. Why? Last time you tele'd you went to HToS, I would check too.

You explain Huntress.

Outlying villages is right next to the Tree so I don't expect something different here.

As for the canteen, sounds like it wasn't your day. :p

*edit: no udgaard recall, forgot he's an outtie

Thaedan (Anonymous)Sun 09-Dec-18 10:26 AM
Charter member
#72254, "RE: Small rant"
In response to Reply #0

This seems pretty unlikely, but he could have had an air shifter or condor druid scouting for him.

ice kingSun 09-Dec-18 08:00 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72252, "Poisoned container."
In response to Reply #0

Did you go use the rock in prosimy before pledging. If so, did you fill your water container there? If so, that's bad water.

Also. It's not like you teleported that far away each of those times, and one time was a repeat area you had been in recently. AND the last time you teleported that was the eastern continent so there's a LOT less areas to check there.

And like someone already mentioned, he does have windwalk. VROOM VROOM! Try not to let it get you down. It's easy to wonder how the fuk someone can find you like that. REALLY good and relentless PKers are like this. Not everyone is on that level.

GlikberontSun 09-Dec-18 05:02 AM
Member since 31st Oct 2018
16 posts
#72251, "Its easy to find somebody"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 09-Dec-18 05:04 AM

with the windwalk.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72250 Previous topic | Next topic