Subject: "Idea for Trib" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72082
Show all folders

TheBluestThumbFri 16-Nov-18 12:40 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72082, "Idea for Trib"

I was just looking at the world map earlier and the cabal dynamics. Has any thought gone into making Arkham a Tribunal city and dropping Modan?

I imagine being a trib on Modan has got to be one of the most mind numbing and worst things imaginable in this day and age. However Arkham sees a good bit of action since it's located between Scarab and Outtie, not to mention is close to a number of areas that are more highly traveled than the surrounding Modan areas.

Plus I don't think this is good for Trib, I think this is good for the mud in general. More fighting, more action etc.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Ilyana, 17-Nov-18 10:21 AM, #8
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Ilyana, 17-Nov-18 10:25 AM, #9
Reply If you go that way, laxman, 17-Nov-18 01:13 PM, #12
     Reply That's a neat idea., Relio, 17-Nov-18 02:09 PM, #13
          Reply Yeah replace boring Trib Rp with boring CTF, JohnEveryMan, 18-Nov-18 01:48 PM, #16
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Thaedan (Anonymous), 17-Nov-18 04:35 PM, #14
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Screlpth (Anonymous), 18-Nov-18 12:44 AM, #15
Reply Appreciate the responses and feedback, especially from ..., TheBluestThumb, 17-Nov-18 06:37 AM, #6
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Destuvius, 17-Nov-18 05:53 AM, #5
Reply After the outlanders burn Arkham to the ground, Kstatida, 19-Nov-18 09:41 AM, #17
Reply Jade Mountains! Full circle! :), ice king, 23-Nov-18 02:30 PM, #18
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, serial trib (Anonymous), 16-Nov-18 03:12 PM, #2
Reply This speaks to me., Ishuli, 16-Nov-18 03:25 PM, #3
     Reply not strange at all, Dallevian, 16-Nov-18 10:18 PM, #4
          Reply Yeah, Calion, 17-Nov-18 08:47 AM, #7
          Reply RE: Yeah, Ilyana, 17-Nov-18 10:36 AM, #11
          Reply RE: not strange at all, Ilyana, 17-Nov-18 10:30 AM, #10
Reply I dig this idea. N/T, Wasted, 16-Nov-18 01:38 PM, #1

IlyanaSat 17-Nov-18 10:21 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2018
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72092, "RE: Idea for Trib"
In response to Reply #0

No city is boring for Trib provided your idea of fun isn't limited to living from one PK to the next... How about actually spending time speaking with folks (cabal mates, enemies, criminals, unafilliated strangers passing by)?

If at all we were going to make some drastic change though (e.g. dropping one city for another), I would rather we went with extending Justiciar's Network to all Magistrate ranks, also giving all Magistrates jurisdiction in all four cities (meaning no more Magistrate of Galadon/ Hamsah/ Voralian/ Seantryn - just plain Magistrate), while at the same time retaining Provincial Magistrate as a leader rank.

Any takers?

IlyanaSat 17-Nov-18 10:25 AM
44 posts
#72093, "RE: Idea for Trib"
In response to Reply #8

Or, to tone that down a little, we could extend Justiciar's Network to just Provincial Magistrates (instead of only Justiciar and Provost currently), while giving regular Magistrates jurisdiction in all four cities, but without benefit of Justiciar's Network...

laxmanSat 17-Nov-18 01:13 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72096, "If you go that way"
In response to Reply #9

Just get rid of trib entirely. Have the cities administered by the empire/fort.

RelioSat 17-Nov-18 02:09 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#72097, "That's a neat idea."
In response to Reply #12

What brand of justice do you want?

Too bad there isn't someone around who could code up a system whereby cities fall under the control of Fort or Empire based on who's winning cabal wars.

JohnEveryManSun 18-Nov-18 01:48 PM
Member since 25th Aug 2012
247 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72106, "Yeah replace boring Trib Rp with boring CTF"
In response to Reply #13

"Bad is wrong!" ~ Maran

"we are evil *wahahaha* take oath comrade" ~ Elite Imperial blade

Sent from my Iphone

Thaedan (Anonymous)Sat 17-Nov-18 04:35 PM
Charter member
#72099, "RE: Idea for Trib"
In response to Reply #8

>How about
>actually spending time speaking with folks (cabal mates,
>enemies, criminals, unafilliated strangers passing by)?

Except Seantryn is usually empty.

Screlpth (Anonymous)Sun 18-Nov-18 12:44 AM
Charter member
#72105, "RE: Idea for Trib"
In response to Reply #8

I like the idea of the Tribunal cabal... As it sits its really not that fun to play, most people would agree. Some of is due to imbalances in the pvp system. Sometimes it requires the player base to break laws to create some action. Or its just setup kinda wonky with the current player base size...

My other gripe is after 630 hours between two tribunal characters and roughly 8-9 months time. I've never seen a new justiciar or Vindicator while "I" "had an active" "tribunal" character. There wasn't much of a gap in there... Might as well just get rid of that stuff.

I think the cabal would be a lot more fun for the players if it were structured more like the other cabals(battle, fortress and outlander). At time of induction you chose one of two roles for your character. Chose a name of your choice but for now I will say Justiciar/provincial and Vindicators/bounty hunters. Each group should have 2 leaders, 4 total. Same amount that the cabal currently has.

I see a lot of players who just want to patrol towns. I see others who want to be vindicators but fail to ever get there... Why make it so hard, it sorta isn't but some classes suck more then others for pvp... Just make it a fun choice from the beginning. Its no different then choosing zerker or defender. MAran and the other weirdo fortress people nobody ever plays but aurew...(Aurew is awesome ).

Maybe you could impose alignment/class restrictions for each group. Good/neutral for justiciar/provincials and neutral/evil for vindicator/bounty hunters.

Justiciar/provincial whatever is basically no different then the current magistrates. Except they can patrol "any" city under tribunal jurisdiction, (player base is too small for specific locations per magistrate.) They also take on some of the current justiciar powers to help them patrol a larger area. they retain use of the tribunal pillars for transporting between cities.

Level 10 - Confiscate
Level 10 - Safeguard
Level 10 - Wanted
Level 12 - Judge
Level 15 - Guard Call
Level 15 - Vigilance
Level 16 - Informant
Level 20 - Manacles
Level 35 - Deputize
level 35 - Inquisition
Level 40 - Justiciar Network

These could be imm rewards for doing a good job, hours logged or roleplaying an epic make out session with ishuli:
Level 20 - Justiciar Badge
Level 45 - Conscription

Vindicator/bounty hunter: These guys focus on hunting criminals outside of towns, fighting cabal wars etc just as they do now. Its just something people can chose at induction time. They have a small semi #### skill list that is only meant for hunting criminals. They lose use of the tribunal pillars. They can't enter other guilds unless there is a criminal in there.

Their guards being the one thing that makes em cool.

Guard call for vindicators should be adjusted to make it more unique. Yes the current vindicator guards are slightly more unique due to them leaving towns. Seeing non warrior guards is what I am getting at. Maybe each town could offer a specific type of guard other then warriors types. These could also be imm awarded or something to. Who knows. Throwing #### out there Tribunals are comprised of people from every guild, so it would seem fitting that guards could come from other guilds sides warrior.

Level 15 - Guard Call +1 standard guard (1 total)
Level 25 - Guard Call +1 standard guard (2 total)
Level 30 - Blood Trail
Level 35 - Bloody Shackles
Level 35 - Guard Call +1 unique...mage, cleric non warrior guard (1 unique, 1 standard...2 total guards)
Level 40 - Vindicator Network
Level 45 - Guard Call +1 unique...mage, cleric non warrior guard (2 unique guards possible, 2 guards total.)

Imm rewarded power:
Level 20 - Vindicator Insignia
Level 45 - Stalker yes bring back stalkers...that was a thing yes? I can't remember.

justiciar/provincials get paid for being on duty like they currently are. Vindicator/bounty hunters only get paid for killing criminals. 100 gold a kill or something, some level based value etc..

Justi's/provi's can only raid baron and outlander. Vindi hunters can raid any cabal and not lose powers.

Side note:

Justiciar and vindicator network...

They level of fun that was added with justiciar and vindicator network was rather interesting. It amplified my love of the cabal by 500% as provost. I would assume any other tribunal player would have the same fun experience with it to. Its unfortunate most people will never experience it.

TheBluestThumbSat 17-Nov-18 06:37 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#72089, "Appreciate the responses and feedback, especially from ..."
In response to Reply #0

I get the points about having Trib right up on Scarab's door. That's pretty valid. I do wish/wonder/hope that there was a way to make Modan placement not suck so hard.

DestuviusSat 17-Nov-18 05:53 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#72088, "RE: Idea for Trib"
In response to Reply #0

I'd rather find a reason to move Outlander onto the Seatryn continent if we opted to try and do something like this.

KstatidaMon 19-Nov-18 09:41 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72109, "After the outlanders burn Arkham to the ground"
In response to Reply #5

Sounds solid.

ice kingFri 23-Nov-18 02:30 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72132, "Jade Mountains! Full circle! :)"
In response to Reply #5

Get it? Cuz even though sylvan != outlander, sylvan = oultnader.

serial trib (Anonymous)Fri 16-Nov-18 03:12 PM
Charter member
#72084, "RE: Idea for Trib"
In response to Reply #0

I like it in theory, but if you pay attention to the descriptions around Arkham, the place is under a constant state of siege by nightmare creatures. It is loosely based around Lovecraft/Cthulhu after all. I don't see how Tribunal could move in and protect the citizens without a complete rewrite of the city so it could actually be considered a "safe" place for the citizens.

That, plus it would also change the dynamics between the Trib/outlander war by putting them so close that it would essentially be both sides continually taking the laziest route to try to trap/bait/fight each other.

IshuliFri 16-Nov-18 03:25 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
#72085, "This speaks to me."
In response to Reply #2

This holds a lot of my concerns lore wise, but I'll also add that I don't like the fact that the Scarab cabal would literally be door-to-door with a Trib-dominated area. Those poor cultists need at least a little bit of space to march around and yell "MY WILL! MY WILL! I WILL IT! WILL YOU? NO, I WILL!". Seems strange to put Trib right up on them.

-Ish

DallevianFri 16-Nov-18 10:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#72087, "not strange at all"
In response to Reply #3

make it a Trib outpost, no pillar to teleport back and forth from, and call it a day

if anything , having to use the pillar at hamsah and cross the ocean means more engagement

CalionSat 17-Nov-18 08:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72090, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #4

Not being a Trib player I don't really know how the intercity teleport works or if there are limitations to its use, but in general it just seems too convenient for Tribs (not only in this case if Arkham were made a Trib city). I say have Tribs walk between cities like everyone else and thus more possibility for action.

As for the suggestion otherwise, I think the main issue is having Scarab in Arkham, which could be solved by moving them say to the old Scion location.

IlyanaSat 17-Nov-18 10:36 AM
44 posts
#72095, "RE: Yeah"
In response to Reply #7

Considering the non-Vindicator, non-Provost Magistrates all have no PK-relevant powers that apply outside the cities, all these walking Tribs essentially then become uncaballed prey for Outlanders/ Barons/ disgruntled current and ex-convicts... As things stand, the intercity teleport already does not work if (1) the Scales are missing, and (2) a Magistrate's adrenaline is still flowing from a PK engagement. Hope you can agree/ understand that is plenty? If not then I would suggest all non-Vindicator, non-Provost Magistrates also get guards that follow them about outside the cities

IlyanaSat 17-Nov-18 10:30 AM
44 posts
#72094, "RE: not strange at all"
In response to Reply #4

Mmm, get ready then for a massive spike in number of generic Reaver-disguised-as-Sentinel water shifters - yummy little Tribby shrimplets, buffet! Hehe!

WastedFri 16-Nov-18 01:38 PM
Member since 21st Jun 2015
111 posts
#72083, "I dig this idea. N/T"
In response to Reply #0

NT

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72082 Previous topic | Next topic