Subject: "Heal mana" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72065
Show all folders

SerialMage23 (Anonymous)Mon 12-Nov-18 10:11 PM
Charter member
#72065, "Heal mana"

Any reason this sucks compared to heal heal? It'd be nice to have a more viable recovery for mana in bad situations.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Thaedan (Anonymous)Thu 15-Nov-18 06:23 PM
Charter member
#72080, "RE: Heal mana"
In response to Reply #0

If you're a class that depends on mana and you're out of mana, it can be a better deal than "heal heal".

Also, if you're a class with healing communes then I think it's possible for "heal mana" to be more cost effective (hp/gold) than "heal heal".

KalageadonWed 14-Nov-18 09:03 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72071, "I kinda agree."
In response to Reply #0

Even when I first began, 97 or 98, I thought heal mana was more or less garbage. I only ever used it in the utmost of crappy situations. It is far less useful than any of the other heals when it comes to bang for buck.

Having said that, could it use an upscale? Yeah, probably, but it isn't a game changer if I can go 20 years and likely count on both hands the number of times that I used it. But, maybe I would have used it and lived a few times if it was more like 50 or 80 mana per heal.

laxmanWed 14-Nov-18 10:08 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72072, "I used it a crap ton on my scarab warrior"
In response to Reply #2

But I also burned through enough gold each login on healers and preps to make a kingpin blush.

Mana is more valuable than hp from a recovery stand point because it can be converted into so mana things. For a simple example you can turn two heal manas into sanctuary which doubles your HP.

I think bumping it a bit might be ok but I would be even more for scaling down hp from heal heal. Or maybe just level limiting it, it’s pretty nuts to get 30% recovery on heal heal in low ranks, especially if you know about bartering.

incognitoTue 13-Nov-18 08:56 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72068, "RE: Heal mana"
In response to Reply #0

Running someone low on mana is a tactic, and ought to remain one in situations where you can't run them out of hp until you've run them out of mana.

For example, a paladin or shaman is a lot easier to kill once their mana has gone, or if they need to conserve it. I'd they could replenish it at 100 mana a pop it would make them even tougher when that's not needed.

BlkdrgnThu 15-Nov-18 09:19 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72073, "RE: Heal mana"
In response to Reply #1

I mean... if it were 40-50 mana, it would be okay, but it's like 20 mana. That's just kinda low. Especially when there's a prayer out there that renders any mana reliable person useless for over two
days, in game time, useless dropping mana at a rate of 50+.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72065 Previous topic | Next topic