Subject: "Event Recap: The Basilisk's Gauntlet" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71472
Show all folders

RahsaelThu 06-Sep-18 04:07 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71472, "Event Recap: The Basilisk's Gauntlet"
Edited on Thu 06-Sep-18 04:43 PM

Here is a summary of our recent adventure!

Don't want to miss the next one? Keep up with our event calendar! Here's a link: https://goo.gl/2U7AwU

You can add this to your personal calendar if you're interested in keeping up with scheduled CF events.

Don't have a Google account? View here: https://goo.gl/3Yv5XE

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

There's an old legend dating back to the founding of Aturi:

As settlers built homes and prepared the land for farming, a basilisk, disturbed by the noise, emerged from its nearby lair. It used its infamous and terrible gaze at the settlers, killing many of them and driving the rest into hiding in a cave in the nearby timberlands.

The situation was dire until one brave lad volunteered to run past the dreadful basilisk to Seantryn Modan to seek help from the army there.

Was he brave beyond measure? Was he mad?

Or did he have a cunning plan?

All of the above, it turned out. The teenager wrapped a blindfold around his eyes, shielding them from the basilisk's deadly gaze, and dashed blindly along the familiar roads until he felt the cobblestones of Seantryn Modan beneath his feet. He saved the village!

So, in late summer, the farmers of Aturi celebrate the town's founding and invite travelers and tourists to reenact the boy's run with them.

This time, an eclectic mix of adventurers showed up, representing the Village of the Battleragers, the Fortress of Light, the Temple of the Scarab, and more.

Round One: The Aturi Timberlands Cave to the Seantryn Modan Palace Gates

First place - Kerubiel
Second place - Galvendir
Third place - Gillador
Fourth place - Aaelor
Fifth place (by coin toss) - Lahnee

Participation trophies go to: Gilversplitz, Wilice, Ella

Round Two: The Dark Forest back to the Aturi Timberlands Cave

Entropist Gilversplitz, cut from the running, moved to ensure the Battlerager Kerubiel would not succeed without a fight. The wily shapeshifter ultimately feasted upon Kerubiel's entrails. An inglorious end for the most promising competitor of the race.

First place - Galvendir
Second place - Gillador

Participation trophies go to: Kerubiel, Aaelor, Lahnee

Final Round: Aturi Timberlands Cave to The Lost Elven Vaults
The most treacherous blind race yet! A Scarabite and a paladin scrambled blindly through the Jade Mountains in hopes of being the first to make it to the Lost Elven Vaults.

(Meanwhile, Gilversplitz pounced upon Wilice in the Aturi Timberlands, only to fall upon the goodly fighter's pike. "I thought you were one of those wolves!" Wilice exclaimed after realizing the aggressive beast he felled was, in fact, a shapeshifting gnome.)

In the end, Gillador prevailed as a blindfolded Galvendir became mired in the village of Aturi.

Winner: Gillador, Voice of the Scarab

For someone who uses the word "blind" as a grave insult, he's awfully good at navigating without sight!

After winning, Gillador promptly massacred the farmer and wandering knight who judged the contest, putting festivities to a decisive and grim close.

Special thanks to all of the participants!
Gillador
Gilversplitz
Wilice
Galvendir
Lahnee
Aeaelor
Ella
Kerubiel

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply event idea, laxman, 06-Sep-18 10:27 PM, #2
Reply RE: event idea, Rahsael, 07-Sep-18 01:53 AM, #4
     Reply Seems I remember once..., Saagkri, 07-Sep-18 12:30 PM, #5
          Reply wasn't that like, 1998...? nt, Dallevian, 07-Sep-18 06:51 PM, #6
Reply awesome. am i dense or, Dallevian, 06-Sep-18 10:02 PM, #1
     Reply RE: awesome. am i dense or, Rahsael, 07-Sep-18 01:52 AM, #3

laxmanThu 06-Sep-18 10:27 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71474, "event idea"
In response to Reply #0

Love these events and I had an idea for one, that would be on the bloody side.

It would be a race. From the entrance of the ruins of maethin to the big bad nightwalker and back, pk encouraged but looting prohibited.

Adding a time limit would prevent it from being a full on death match at the start.

With all those agro mobs people would have to be smart about how they approach it. Obviously only higher level chars are likely to survive but you could also do it through pine forest, that acacia, southern part of new arboria, ghoul tunnels, trothon, jade vaults, sotran, or aboleths.

RahsaelFri 07-Sep-18 01:53 AM
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71476, "RE: event idea"
In response to Reply #2

Man, you're a sado-masochist!

...but I won't promise I won't use any or all of these ideas at some point down the line.

SaagkriFri 07-Sep-18 12:29 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#71477, "Seems I remember once..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Fri 07-Sep-18 12:30 PM

That an Imm transferred everyone in the game to a room and everyone just started butchering each other. It wasn't even a planned event or even announced beforehand. Does anyone else remember anything like that?

You could do that.

DallevianFri 07-Sep-18 06:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1613 posts
#71478, "wasn't that like, 1998...? nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

DallevianThu 06-Sep-18 10:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1613 posts
#71473, "awesome. am i dense or"
In response to Reply #0

does this also read as in a new mini-area?

thanks for sharing the write up!

RahsaelFri 07-Sep-18 01:52 AM
232 posts
#71475, "RE: awesome. am i dense or"
In response to Reply #1

There's no new mini-area involved here.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71472 Previous topic | Next topic