Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71092
Show all folders

incognitoMon 02-Jul-18 06:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71092, "Stone form amulet"

What would the best combo be for figuring out how to get this (even if it happens not to be in), if you play solo?

I was part of a group that got it once but I can't remember what was involved except:
- I think we had to go to a different area first and then hurry?
- I think there were lots of agro mobs in the manor that you had to enter
- I think there was some kind of trap on the container?

Also can you voluntarily remove stone form without killing yourself or destroying it?

Normally I took things like this in pk but you can't do that with this item!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Just make sure you're not giant size, Kstatida, 04-Jul-18 04:36 PM, #9
Reply There is a bug that lets even them in, laxman, 04-Jul-18 08:10 PM, #11
     Reply Nice!, Kstatida, 05-Jul-18 05:36 AM, #12
          Reply I agree, thanks!, Destuvius, 05-Jul-18 05:59 PM, #13
               Reply We very well know that's too big of a project :), Kstatida, 10-Jul-18 06:11 AM, #14
Reply RE: Stone form amulet, KoeKhaos, 03-Jul-18 10:12 PM, #7
Reply This is all I recall, lasentia, 02-Jul-18 02:42 PM, #1
     Reply Can't go in there as a ghost (n/t), Onewingedangel, 02-Jul-18 03:06 PM, #2
     Reply I was taught how to get it and nearly got it solo.., SPN, 02-Jul-18 03:59 PM, #3
     Reply RE: I was taught how to get it and nearly got it solo.., incognito, 03-Jul-18 08:04 AM, #4
          Reply RE: I was taught how to get it and nearly got it solo.., SPN, 03-Jul-18 05:15 PM, #6
               Reply RE: I was taught how to get it and nearly got it solo.., incognito, 04-Jul-18 04:59 PM, #10
     Reply RE: This is all I recall, incognito, 03-Jul-18 08:05 AM, #5
          Reply RE: This is all I recall, mage, 04-Jul-18 03:59 AM, #8

KstatidaWed 04-Jul-18 04:36 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71122, "Just make sure you're not giant size"
In response to Reply #0

Because that would be a waste of character

laxmanWed 04-Jul-18 08:10 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71124, "There is a bug that lets even them in"
In response to Reply #9

The size blocker affect is due to a wiz invis mob that will attack if you sanctify the room. Kill them and no more size restriction.

KstatidaThu 05-Jul-18 05:36 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71125, "Nice!"
In response to Reply #11

Thanks.

DestuviusThu 05-Jul-18 05:59 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71131, "I agree, thanks!"
In response to Reply #12

Now we can fix that bug.

KstatidaTue 10-Jul-18 06:11 AM
2214 posts
#71165, "We very well know that's too big of a project :)"
In response to Reply #13

It's safe reporting bugs on forums

KoeKhaosTue 03-Jul-18 10:09 PM
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71119, "RE: Stone form amulet"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 03-Jul-18 10:12 PM

I've always considered this questish so not sure how much is OK to say but I'll give a couple hints as someone who has soloed it with several neutral bards and neutral conjurers. I know thieves have soloed it since they ran in and grabbed it before me when I was trying to collect it before. I'm also not sure how a goodie would be able to do it without being a thief so that's something to consider if you make a character specifically to explore the place.

The mobs are pretty nasty so you should be able to be strongly defensive and offensive both. There are potions you absolutely must have in most circumstances, but they available there to a small degree at the start, but may not be enough. It will definitely be much easier with a healer or druid or something helping you. And to outright solo it you will want some serious preps. I've died many times soloing it even after I had it figured out, mostly due to laziness in prepping. It's a super pain to do.

Removing it won't kill you but you won't be moving anywhere for a bit when it does get removed. For characters with refresh this isn't quite such a problem. Good luck with your exploring!

lasentiaMon 02-Jul-18 02:42 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71097, "This is all I recall"
In response to Reply #0

And this may not be entirely accurate or up to date information.
I have no idea what could get this solo, though I am guessing a lockpicking thief with gentlewalk or on a ghost timer could do it. You'll probably eat more than a few deaths though, figuring out how.

If you're talking a straight non-ghost/non-lock pick route, I'm not sure. Maybe a decked out invoker? Since I believe things crumble there, you have to be able to make the run with relative speed and kill enemies quickly. Most people I saw that got it did it with a group. Any area damager and a healer make it manageable enough. I think a bard + invoker could do it as a 2 man group. Bard goes in, tanks and heals, invoker follows and slaughters with pillar/nova. My bards made a few runs with other people, and it was usually a 3 man group.

Everything you would need to get the amulet can be obtained in the same area (I think)
Yes, there are numerous aggro NPCS in the area
I've made enough runs with people who knew how to get it, but if you explore the area, you'll get clues about how to get it. There is a reason certain things are in the area.

I'm pretty sure you can remove it without dying (otherwise stoneshatter would be an instakill on you), but it does damage and lags you on removal.

I imagine it's great on invokers, but most people that had it always avoided invokers because of stoneshatter (which would make it damaged now?). Most of the times it was a char that can see hidden. So as to avoid having it stolen if they removed it for an invoker fight.

OnewingedangelMon 02-Jul-18 03:06 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#71100, "Can't go in there as a ghost (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

no text. Not any.

SPNMon 02-Jul-18 03:59 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71101, "I was taught how to get it and nearly got it solo.."
In response to Reply #1

On a temperance monk. But then I forgot a step and died. Ended up saying screw it.

This was also a monk that I could solo all of the Dragon Tower Ruins, and got pretty far into Silent (for me at least) without ever really knowing the area.

incognitoTue 03-Jul-18 08:04 AM
4495 posts
#71108, "RE: I was taught how to get it and nearly got it solo.."
In response to Reply #3

In your view is monk better than shield dedicant for exploring?

I took a champion into dragon ruins and or group nearly got destroyed in a room you can't flee from. Think we just managed to finish the mob before we started dropping.

SPNTue 03-Jul-18 05:15 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71117, "RE: I was taught how to get it and nearly got it solo.."
In response to Reply #4

Absolutely do. It's boring just hitting intensify but just as important as not getting hit/mitigating damage is putting out damage. A monk will out dps a shield ded every day, and their hitting every opponent turns intensify into an AOE like effect. Toss on the divine damage gloves and zombies and phys resist mobs just crumble.

Also, you can anticipate blasts (I.e. gas blast, fire blast, etc) so if you know it's coming in a fight your golden.

Two points to. My monk was a half elf so good Dex/Wis. Also temperance makes the intesify avoid nuts! I also had life surge from Strienat's tatt. (This was as Yllonis)

incognitoWed 04-Jul-18 04:59 PM
4495 posts
#71123, "RE: I was taught how to get it and nearly got it solo.."
In response to Reply #6

That's some build. Temperance with lifesurge. Very nice!

incognitoTue 03-Jul-18 08:05 AM
4495 posts
#71109, "RE: This is all I recall"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks.

If I ever get to play I plan to figure out this mystery!

Might try a monk so that I can also explore dragon ruins.

mageWed 04-Jul-18 03:59 AM
Member since 05th Apr 2008
248 posts
#71121, "RE: This is all I recall"
In response to Reply #5

I've personally done it solo with a poisoner thief with gentle walk, advanced lockpick, and shadow disappear (shield block helps too). I've personally seen it done solo by a trapper thief with gentle walk, advanced picklock, and shadow disappear, by various build conjurers, bards, champions, monks, anti-paladins, bards, and necromancers. So there are lots of builds that can do it solo, but you gotta know what lies ahead and adjust your tactics to maximize the effectiveness of your build's abilities.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71092 Previous topic | Next topic