Subject: "EQ" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71065
Show all folders

Naked and Afraid (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jun-18 02:42 PM
Charter member
#71065, "EQ"

I was under the impression that for EQ poofing, a rolling 30 days of hours played was the calculation and if it got below a certain number, things poofed.

But, I just had 14 limited items poof after returning from 12 days near the Arctic Circle and in the past 30 days, I've played over 100 hours. Huh?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Weekly for poof poof, not monthly. , Demos, 29-Jun-18 09:06 AM, #4
Reply That doesn't sound right, Kstatida, 29-Jun-18 12:19 PM, #6
Reply Sorry you got popped, Destuvius, 28-Jun-18 04:39 PM, #1
     Reply That's not fair, Kstatida, 28-Jun-18 09:02 PM, #2
     Reply RE: That's not fair, Saagkri, 29-Jun-18 08:53 AM, #3
          Reply I only tell cool stories, Kstatida, 29-Jun-18 12:16 PM, #5
               Reply RE: I only tell cool stories, Thaedan (Anonymous), 02-Jul-18 12:11 AM, #8
                    Reply Reality bites, Kstatida, 06-Jul-18 02:38 PM, #29
     Reply Fair enough. nt, Saagkri, 29-Jun-18 04:36 PM, #7
     Reply Two things., Eskelian, 02-Jul-18 01:06 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Two things., lasentia, 02-Jul-18 02:47 PM, #10
          Reply You didn't read my post., Eskelian, 05-Jul-18 01:16 PM, #14
               Reply Uh....that would break SO much., Jormyr, 05-Jul-18 10:48 PM, #20
                    Reply RE: Uh....that would break SO much., Eskelian, 06-Jul-18 01:59 AM, #21
          Reply RE: Two things., Thaedan (Anonymous), 02-Jul-18 02:50 PM, #11
          Reply RE: Two things., Eskelian, 05-Jul-18 01:21 PM, #13
               Reply There aren't 10 players left, you keep repeating that, jalbrin, 05-Jul-18 05:12 PM, #15
               Reply RE: There aren't 10 players left, you keep repeating th..., Eskelian, 06-Jul-18 02:16 AM, #23
               Reply A few responses, Destuvius, 05-Jul-18 05:57 PM, #16
               Reply You used to be be less sensitive., Eskelian, 06-Jul-18 02:29 AM, #22
               Reply I didn't interpret that as sensitivity., robdarken_, 09-Jul-18 04:13 PM, #37
                    Reply RE: I didn't interpret that as sensitivity., Eskelian, 14-Jul-18 12:14 AM, #38
                         Reply RE: I didn't interpret that as sensitivity., robdarken_, 14-Jul-18 12:33 AM, #39
                         Reply RE: I didn't interpret that as sensitivity., Eskelian, 18-Jul-18 07:49 PM, #43
                              Reply RE: I didn't interpret that as sensitivity., Umiron, 18-Jul-18 07:57 PM, #44
                         Reply Actually, there is no improper way to level. nt, Saagkri, 14-Jul-18 02:15 PM, #41
               Reply I wish all the good humour wasn't wasted on asshats on ..., Onewingedangel, 18-Jul-18 09:38 PM, #45
               Reply RE: Two things., Thaedan (Anonymous), 05-Jul-18 08:37 PM, #17
               Reply RE: Two things., Thaedan (Anonymous), 05-Jul-18 08:43 PM, #18
               Reply Disagree, Jormyr, 05-Jul-18 10:46 PM, #19
                    Reply RE: Disagree, Eskelian, 06-Jul-18 02:18 AM, #24
                         Reply RE: Disagree, incognito, 06-Jul-18 03:01 AM, #25
                              Reply I've never had it., Eskelian, 06-Jul-18 06:53 AM, #27
                                   Reply RE: I've never had it., TheBluestThumb, 06-Jul-18 04:08 PM, #30
                                   Reply RE: I've never had it., Eskelian, 07-Jul-18 10:22 PM, #32
                                   Reply RE: I've never had it., incognito, 06-Jul-18 07:28 PM, #31
                                        Reply RE: I've never had it., Eskelian, 07-Jul-18 10:38 PM, #33
                                             Reply What you describe already exists, laxman, 07-Jul-18 11:47 PM, #34
                                                  Reply Credit where credit is due.., Onewingedangel, 15-Jul-18 10:59 AM, #42
          Reply RE: Two things., incognito, 02-Jul-18 05:24 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Two things., Jarmel, 06-Jul-18 03:14 AM, #26
               Reply You're totally right., Eskelian, 06-Jul-18 07:16 AM, #28
                    Reply RE: You're totally right., incognito, 08-Jul-18 12:40 AM, #35
                         Reply RE: You're totally right., Eskelian, 08-Jul-18 01:01 AM, #36
                         Reply PK is never boring, Kstatida, 14-Jul-18 01:13 PM, #40

DemosFri 29-Jun-18 09:06 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71075, "Weekly for poof poof, not monthly. "
In response to Reply #0

Gotta hit 5-10 hours a week. Monthly is for auto.

KstatidaFri 29-Jun-18 12:19 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71080, "That doesn't sound right"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Fri 29-Jun-18 12:19 PM

Not in my experience.

Also, it definitely takes into account the combined "rarity" of limited items you have. Like if you have 40 of them, you require more hours.

It's like items rarity is compared with your hours, and the extra rarity which is not matched by hours poofs.

DestuviusThu 28-Jun-18 04:39 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71066, "Sorry you got popped"
In response to Reply #0

But you arent going to be given any sort of detailed workings of anti-hoard code.

KstatidaThu 28-Jun-18 09:02 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71068, "That's not fair"
In response to Reply #1

Being behid the Arctic circle should half that requirement, isn't that hardcoded?

SaagkriFri 29-Jun-18 08:53 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#71074, "RE: That's not fair"
In response to Reply #2

I was waiting for someone to say "Cool story, bro". Because it's cold up there.

KstatidaFri 29-Jun-18 12:16 PM
2214 posts
#71079, "I only tell cool stories"
In response to Reply #3

For exactly that reason

Thaedan (Anonymous)Mon 02-Jul-18 12:11 AM
Charter member
#71091, "RE: I only tell cool stories"
In response to Reply #5

My kid showed me a Vitas video the other day. That's how I picture all of you now. I'm sorry.

KstatidaFri 06-Jul-18 02:38 PM
2214 posts
#71147, "Reality bites"
In response to Reply #8

frostbites

SaagkriFri 29-Jun-18 04:36 PM
801 posts
#71082, "Fair enough. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

EskelianMon 02-Jul-18 12:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#71094, "Two things."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 02-Jul-18 01:06 PM

One...I'm shocked I still remember my password xD.

Two...why do you even still have anti-hoarding code? Are there even enough players to worry about limited items being a problem? Since there's like 10 people left playing just remove the limits...lack of having any players around is enough to keep most amazing items from seeing daylight anyway. Just the fact that you can't group for ranking anymore is deterrent from playing the game enough...you don't need to autodelete heroes or poof gear as added incentives to not play.

It kinda made sense when there were 20 hero paladins around to have only one Defiance but now it just seems like kicking a puppy down a flight of stairs for no reason.

lasentiaMon 02-Jul-18 02:47 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71098, "RE: Two things."
In response to Reply #9

Defiance was never legendary when I played, it was always limit 2.
Maybe that has changed with lower players though.

But anti hoarding needs to exist. Gear lockers are real things. Lock up gear, just to keep it out of enemy hands, or preserve until you roll up something that can use it.

Sad to say, some people would abuse things if they knew a char would never be hit by anti hoarding. Logging in long enough to avoid auto delete is too easy.

EskelianThu 05-Jul-18 01:16 PM
2023 posts
#71128, "You didn't read my post."
In response to Reply #10

I suggested removing item limits in addition, so being a "gear locker" wouldn't actually matter at all.

JormyrThu 05-Jul-18 10:48 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#71136, "Uh....that would break SO much."
In response to Reply #14

We'd literally have to remove like...90% of people's favorite gear.

EVERY single conjurer with Covnellos?

EVERY paladin with Defiance?

EVERY mage with cube of force?

Etc, etc, etc.

If we were to remove item limits, I feel like the game would work ten
thousand times better by simply removing every limited item instead.
Far less would break balance-wise.

EskelianFri 06-Jul-18 01:59 AM
2023 posts
#71138, "RE: Uh....that would break SO much."
In response to Reply #20

I'd actually just keep the limits on things that you can walk up and pick up (periapts for instance) and make 99.99% of gear unlimited, including Defiance.

If EVERY paladin had Defiance then you could always roll it back but that implies that EVERY piece of limited gear is not in it's original location as it is and I'm sure that's not true. Even when the game was popular you could get gear of the mobs.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Mon 02-Jul-18 02:50 PM
Charter member
#71099, "RE: Two things."
In response to Reply #9

I don't see how the "problem" anti-hoarding code was intended to "solve" goes away when there are fewer players.

EskelianThu 05-Jul-18 01:12 PM
2023 posts
#71127, "RE: Two things."
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Thu 05-Jul-18 01:21 PM

The reason anti-hording code exists is to prevent people from grabbing a limited item and never putting it in any danger of being lost by not playing and thus ending the circulation of that item.

The reason to have limited items in the game is to create incentive to fight over those items and as a "hook" to make the game more interesting and attractive. To create a stronger feeling of power and loss when you die.

When there's 10 players left limited items are not much of a "hook" to get people to play. Not nearly as much as anti-hording and auto-delete are disincentives to play. Basically as it is, you're going to get the best gear in the game by being in the cabal with the most people under the way the system works right now, whereas if gear had more longevity it wouldn't be such an issue.

Bottom line? You're not going to lose anyone by removing item limits and auto-deletion, but it might be holding back what could be 20-50% of your potential population from playing. I'm 34 with a pretty big deal job and children and I'm not really interested in having a game where I *have* to play every week to keep my stuff. I'd happily play if those requirements were gone and I could just have a chill CF character that I could log in when I wanted to and was able to and put some hours in. At this stage of my life though I can't imagine "wasting" hundreds of hours on a hero that will go away when I get a big project at work. There's no way that the benefits of these systems is "worth it" by any objective measurement in such a population starved game.

jalbrinThu 05-Jul-18 05:12 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#71129, "There aren't 10 players left, you keep repeating that"
In response to Reply #13

Even you don't believe that.

There are at least three dozen and almost certainly more. And new players absolutely show up on a regular basis.

I wouldn't like there being 5 Defiances or haste bracers in cieculation, and if eqp limits are still in place you better believe the minmax, obsessed vets still around would absolutely gear locker the #### out of the situation, if hoarding code were removed. We still get gear lockers *right now* even with the code.

EskelianFri 06-Jul-18 02:12 AM
2023 posts
#71140, "RE: There aren't 10 players left, you keep repeating th..."
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Fri 06-Jul-18 02:16 AM

>There are at least three dozen and almost certainly more. And new players absolutely show up on a regular basis.

When I say that I'm saying "low population". I didn't mean it to be a literal number, it's a hyperbole to illustrate I'm not trying to give you an exact number. Three dozen is low population.

DestuviusThu 05-Jul-18 05:57 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#71130, "A few responses"
In response to Reply #13

1) If you want to play a CF where you never have to worry about losing gear for not logging on, you can do that. There is an item search that lists almost every single non limited item on the mud so you can assemble a set from there.

2) You seem to have your heart set on investing time reading a forum and complaining about a game that you don't even play, all the while trying to make suggestions about how to improve it. I'd wager if you spent as much time logging onto the game to play as you did posting on its forum you would have enough time to avoid getting bothered by the anti-hoarding code.

3) Thanks for taking the time out of your big-shot life to think about how to help us out. Not everyone who has a big deal job remembers to think of the little guy.

EskelianFri 06-Jul-18 02:02 AM
2023 posts
#71139, "You used to be be less sensitive."
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Fri 06-Jul-18 02:29 AM

>2) You seem to have your heart set on investing time reading a
>forum and complaining about a game that you don't even play,
>all the while trying to make suggestions about how to improve
>it. I'd wager if you spent as much time logging onto the game
>to play as you did posting on its forum you would have enough
>time to avoid getting bothered by the anti-hoarding code.

How much exactly can I get done in 5 minutes? Not much I'd wager. I was considering rolling up a character but honestly I'm seeing why there's not much point. I wasn't putting it out there to look like a big shot I was making a point that it's ridiculous that having competitive gear requires you to play weekly which is says a lot about the types of players you want to keep in contrast to the ones you don't.

Edited because my first response was not nice and really no reason to not be civil.

My point was that people want to play your game and hang out but we also want it to be casual not like we used to play it when we were 15 years old.

Edited to also add, I'm not implying no one else has important things in their lives, I'm implying that because we *all* are older and we *all* have important things in our lives like kids and jobs and so forth that the notion that I need to play this text game for "2 hours every 3 days" is kinda absurd. If I was a rancher baling hay in the summer or a CEO closing a deal in Beijing the point remains that my hobby shouldn't be so demanding that I have to play a few hours every few days or lose my stuff. No game is that important. You have children, you have an important job, how is it you're not sympathizing on this?

robdarken_Mon 09-Jul-18 04:13 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71161, "I didn't interpret that as sensitivity."
In response to Reply #22

Unless you mean disgust sensitivity.

You're nauseating.

EskelianSat 14-Jul-18 12:01 AM
2023 posts
#71235, "RE: I didn't interpret that as sensitivity."
In response to Reply #37
Edited on Sat 14-Jul-18 12:14 AM

Yeah, I microaggressed you by pointing out there's not even enough people left to level properly.

Echo chamber of the finest order.

robdarken_Sat 14-Jul-18 12:33 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71236, "RE: I didn't interpret that as sensitivity."
In response to Reply #38

"microaggressed"?

I thought you said you had a real job. So why do you have a preoccupation with talking like you're pursuing a career in women's studies?

Change your tampon or get off my forum, faggot. Maybe this didn't occur to you, but nobody cares about you or your job.

EskelianWed 18-Jul-18 07:48 PM
2023 posts
#71305, "RE: I didn't interpret that as sensitivity."
In response to Reply #39
Edited on Wed 18-Jul-18 07:49 PM

>"microaggressed"?
>
>I thought you said you had a real job. So why do you have a
>preoccupation with talking like you're pursuing a career in
>women's studies?
>
>Change your tampon or get off my forum, faggot. Maybe this
>didn't occur to you, but nobody cares about you or your job.

LOL. Who the #### are you again?

Right, go back to playing your text game, faggot. Internet tough guy.

UmironWed 18-Jul-18 07:57 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71306, "RE: I didn't interpret that as sensitivity."
In response to Reply #43

>Right, go back to playing your text game, faggot.

I've decided we're going to start banning old cranky non-players who come around our forums only to do this.

SaagkriSat 14-Jul-18 02:15 PM
801 posts
#71243, "Actually, there is no improper way to level. nt"
In response to Reply #38

nt

OnewingedangelWed 18-Jul-18 09:38 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#71307, "I wish all the good humour wasn't wasted on asshats on ..."
In response to Reply #16

NT

Thaedan (Anonymous)Thu 05-Jul-18 08:37 PM
Charter member
#71132, "RE: Two things."
In response to Reply #13

Ah, I didn't get that you were proposing to end item limits as well. Thought you were just talking about removing the anti-hoarding code due to their being fewer players. That's what didn't make sense to me.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Thu 05-Jul-18 08:43 PM
Charter member
#71133, "RE: Two things."
In response to Reply #17

Now that I've read the rest of your post, it seems like your vision of a "chill" character that you play every so often is probably doable under the current system, depending on just how infrequently you'd prefer to play. Of course I haven't seen the specifics of the anti-hoarding code, so maybe I'm way off base.

A one-hour session every 3 days is just over 2 hr/week and would probably be enough. Or a 40 minute session every other day.

JormyrThu 05-Jul-18 10:46 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#71135, "Disagree"
In response to Reply #13

While I understand your stance on losing gear, unless you're wearing
a suit of *HIGHLY* limited gear, the point at which you're getting
hit with hoard code is really rather light. To the point where in
most cases the scenarios I see someone hit with it are

1) Someone who plays pretty lightly to begin with ends up not
logging in for two weeks. Low play + 0 play = gear loss. I can't
tell you how many times it's hit me, and half the time the Ragesteel
gear is just as good.

2) Dude with *ABSURDLY* limited gear isn't playing it. They're
upset they've lost Defiance, Dragonbone Flute, Covgnello, and 16
other pieces of Hell gear.

Even WITH these (rather lax) limitations, I *still* have frequently
had to bust characters that are purely storage characters. Given we
typically have the random character that's two years old, I
*guarantee* you without the hoard code, the only way you'd ever see
legendary gear is between times when I slay the random gear locker
who logs in once a month just to keep from autodeleting after they've
collected it.

You and I used to talk quite frequently. I hope you believe me
when I say it's quite feasible to play very relaxed without it
becoming a dire handicap, so long as you don't expect to log in
to elite gear each time. Will you not have the most amazing
gear? Probably not. Would you have anyways? Probably not still.

Or, when in doubt - just play an orc! They've practically been
given a regear suit in their hometown.

EskelianFri 06-Jul-18 02:14 AM
2023 posts
#71141, "RE: Disagree"
In response to Reply #19
Edited on Fri 06-Jul-18 02:18 AM

I don't really know who you are but I'd suggest that gear that doesn't allow me to have a decent chance of fighting toe to toe with other people isn't "good enough" in a PVP game.

If I'm fighting a lich emperor as an example or a 200 charge AP as an example on a shield paladin I'd definitely consider Defiance quality or nearly Defiance quality weapon to be a necessity.

I could rock white worm gear and some garnet rings but then I'd also lose every single fight where the enemy knew what they were doing. Gear is the largest "stat stick" in this game so having competitive gear is absolutely vital for having competition at all. Otherwise you're just "the guy with heart" that loses a lot of the time.

incognitoFri 06-Jul-18 03:01 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71142, "RE: Disagree"
In response to Reply #24

Didn't you say on the other thread that you discount defiance because it is so rarely something you have?

EskelianFri 06-Jul-18 06:44 AM
2023 posts
#71145, "I've never had it."
In response to Reply #25
Edited on Fri 06-Jul-18 06:53 AM

But I can also count the number of competitive heroes I've had in this game on like 2 fingers.

Doesn't mean I don't think that level of gear is what you need to be competitive at the top end of the game and obviously that's at least part of the attraction to playing. I don't roll up and invest a couple hundred hours into a character with the idea that I'm never going to have anything good.

I discounted it in saying that I don't feel templar's defenses are a particularly strong move in a fight against an assassin. I don't think that's an invalid statement either in the grand scheme of skills that exist in this game to fight assassin's with.

But if I was in a situation where I needed to fight a lich as a Maran then yeah I'd do everything in my power to get it because I'd need it and I don't really wanna lose it because I've got stuff going on for a few weeks. I don't ever expect, even with no limits, for people to be rolling around in all legendary gear because a lot of it is pretty difficult to get (for me at least) but saying that I'm going to play a hero and aim for mediocre unlimited gear is like...why would I bother?

And this is entirely my point, how many people look at the battlefields with all the auto-deleted heroes and think back on times where the anti-hording code took half their set and think to themselves "Why would I bother with this?" What's so great about that exactly? Let's not kid ourselves when you get hit with the anti-hording code it often takes every piece of limited equipment most of which isn't going to be Defiance quality gear.

Edited this about a thousand times adding more points but it's probably a waste. Everyone wants to defend archaic systems that keep players from playing so this game can have a playerbase that is smaller than the number of people who died from lightning this year in New Jersey.

TheBluestThumbFri 06-Jul-18 04:08 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#71148, "RE: I've never had it."
In response to Reply #27

A lot of the fun of CF is killing someone with better gear than you and getting said gear yourself.

Is it fun to get strange bracers off the mob? Not really.

Is it fun to get strange bracers off a sweet kill that, because they had superior gear, you had to outhink/outplay/use superior skill to win? Abso-####ing-lutely. I can honestly say your change would make me leave CF in a heartbeat. The competitive people would immediately be lost.

EskelianSat 07-Jul-18 10:20 PM
2023 posts
#71150, "RE: I've never had it."
In response to Reply #30
Edited on Sat 07-Jul-18 10:22 PM

"I can honestly say your change would make me leave CF in a heartbeat. The competitive people would immediately be lost."

It's competitive with like 4 people in your range? Read what you said again and see if it sounds as silly to you as it does to me.

You know what makes the game competitive? Having people to fight and then competing with them. I'd be fine with just having unlimited gear that wasn't awful or only removing limits from the "top 80% of gear" while leaving the top 20% legendary or 2 limit items the way they are.

But having a choice between white worm gear or anti-hording code is bad for business.

incognitoFri 06-Jul-18 07:28 PM
4495 posts
#71149, "RE: I've never had it."
In response to Reply #27

I don't deny that losing gear to anti hoarding sucks. And it sure having to sneak up at 4am on holiday, tell my then girlfriend I was having to do some urgent work, in order to keep my gear.

However, it would stick more if every Imperial my druid fought had the amulet that insta kills communers instead of just one of them. Because they cleared hell at will. And then there was the amulet that rotted me.

I'm kind of glad that they are limited. And I like that when someone kills them they may not just replace it.

EskelianSat 07-Jul-18 10:26 PM
2023 posts
#71151, "RE: I've never had it."
In response to Reply #31
Edited on Sat 07-Jul-18 10:38 PM

So tell me exactly what your problem is with making 80% of the currently limited gear unlimited, even if you left things like the "insta kill a communer" gear as unique?

The way most games handle this issue is by making it so the "starter gear" has about 80% of the stats of the highest end game gear, combined with concepts like bind on pickup (which you could do but it'd make it less fun to kill people who have good stuff). I'd settle for just being able to buy a set that has decent stats, either in HP or damroll and with some +dex/+str customization I could make (IE, buy the shoulders with +2 dex or the shoulders with +2 strength and they each have +2 damroll). Not the best in the game but decent enough that I'm not total #### at hero if I go the 'unlimited set' route. Prog it with something that disallows lowbies from wearing it if you have to, ie it zaps you if you're less than level 45 and you try to put it on.

laxmanSat 07-Jul-18 11:47 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71152, "What you describe already exists"
In response to Reply #33

If you define starter gear as stuff that is very attainable then the gap between refers and high gear is not that big. I recently lost 90% of my gear to inactivity and I was able to regather every piece but one within a day. Then I lost link died and got looted and was able to regear with just noteworthy stuff in an hour. The drop from half a set of legendary and the rest famous/noteworthy to 90% noteworthy was 2str, 3dex, 8 dam.

There are just so many similar pieces of gear that if one item is maxed you just grab another that is slightly lower.

Honestly you are proposing solutions that are essentially already implemented for problems that don’t exist(because a solution exists already).

POS had no limits, let you pick cabal at char creation, and started you at 51 with a pretty silly outfit gear. It hasn’t turned that game into a hit, I doubt it helps here.

OnewingedangelSun 15-Jul-18 10:59 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#71266, "Credit where credit is due.."
In response to Reply #34

POS was fun to just screw around in. Play an AP and stock up on linke, 40 barrier wands. Dumb #### like that.

I'd never want that in the game I play seriously, though.

incognitoMon 02-Jul-18 05:24 PM
4495 posts
#71102, "RE: Two things."
In response to Reply #9

When I played my last character a few months ago the gear on my enemies surpassed anything to date.

But then they cleared out hell amongst other areas.

JarmelFri 06-Jul-18 03:14 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#71143, "RE: Two things."
In response to Reply #9

If anything was going to happen keep hoard code as it is but make it less brutal on those that are doing stuff with said gear. That way nothing changes for the gear lockers but there is a bit of breathing space for you know those that participate and risk said gear.

EG:
- Participating in raids against defenders
- Participating in retrievals that get you edge points
- Being PK'ed
- PK'ing others

Failing that ... Maybe jut make the outfit command hook you up with all the stuff you want! Cause you know walking in and out of Teth is a drag for the strange bracers

EskelianFri 06-Jul-18 06:55 AM
2023 posts
#71146, "You're totally right."
In response to Reply #26
Edited on Fri 06-Jul-18 07:16 AM

Thinking a game with a weekly multi-hour play time requirement is silly in 2018 is on par with the outfit command giving you strange bracers. We know only "hardcore" gamers play this game, the elite type that need to really pour out some blood sweat and tears to show their dedication. I'm impressed really.

And this is part of the problem is everyone looks at the extreme examples instead of just acknowledging that all of the unlimited gear in this game is awful and has a massive stat gap to the limited gear. If the only limited gear were things like the conjie books, defiance and strange bracers level stuff then it'd be fine but as it stands you're complete trash in a fully unlimited set with 50% of the stat boosts that a competently geared hero will have. Things like Seantryn Battle Helm, pretty mediocre overall, are highly limited items. Things like golden chain bracers are limited. I can think of exactly one piece of unlimited gear I try to keep on all my heroes and it comes from an area explore.

But if anyone points out how silly that is and how it makes people not want to play this game everyone comes out of the woodworks to defend it like it's a good thing. It's not, it's why this game is a niche game that no one has time for anymore. It's not because technology got better or because other games have better graphics it's because this game is a massive time sink where the investment of hours doesn't yield meaningful and lasting rewards. There's a happy compromise to be made somewhere if the people running the game were willing to make any kind of compromises. Can we at least acknowledge that auto-deletes don't need to exist in 2018 where a GB of harddrive space costs pennies? Can we acknowledge that unlimited gear needs to have +stat adjustments so you don't lose your weapon to the first -4 strength malediction you come across? It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

incognitoSun 08-Jul-18 12:40 AM
4495 posts
#71153, "RE: You're totally right."
In response to Reply #28

Pk gets boring if you never improve your set from it.

EskelianSun 08-Jul-18 01:01 AM
2023 posts
#71154, "RE: You're totally right."
In response to Reply #35

It's cool. I'll check back in another 2 years or so.

KstatidaSat 14-Jul-18 01:13 PM
2214 posts
#71241, "PK is never boring"
In response to Reply #35

You're just too greedy.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71065 Previous topic | Next topic