Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71045
Show all folders

incognitoSat 23-Jun-18 07:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71045, "Edge suggestion"

How about splitting edges into "convenience" ones like "calmed mind" and capability ones like synergy of suffering?

Then you could once more allow decent edge points from stuff like exploration, but restrict some of it to being spent on convenience edges.

So people would have more edges but none of the extras, relative to what they'd get now, would give a pk advantage.

As it stands I feel it isn't worth edge points on a convenience edge, but I can't see why you wouldn't let people take them without sacrificing the edge they'd be taking currently.

Thoughts?

Also could make some newbie edges that mean you don't need to eat or drink as often. Reduce the burden of keeping yourself feed, which as a newb is quite a burden and leaves little coin for anything else.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KoeKhaosSun 24-Jun-18 08:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71047, "Umi or Zulg talked about doing this before..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 24-Jun-18 09:00 PM

if I recall correctly. I think it came down to time/desire/priorities on the staff to do the work that it never happened, as it is with a lot of good ideas that would need to be designed, coded, tested, balanced, tested again, released. It's a lot of work even for fairly simple changes. I'm guessing it has been this way for a while where anyone with coding experience is likely only managing to code for CF when they have time away from their careers and family as well as have the desire to code away from work. These times are probably rarely and now there are only a couple people who can do it as well.

SPNSun 24-Jun-18 07:17 AM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71046, "Would newb edges this only be available to people who s..."
In response to Reply #0

Because is see the less food/water as a pk/explore edge... When I take whispers, I carry way less food and a smaller/lighter drink container (goodbye tankard of beer!) in order to get my weight down either to make dodging better and to withstand a little more -str, or to carry more preps.

I just see that edge being abused. That said, I would not trage the brief command for it.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71045 Previous topic | Next topic