Subject: "Goodbye" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71025
Show all folders

Marcus_Tue 19-Jun-18 01:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71025, "Goodbye"

I remember when Kasty said Rhomelanthos had some big hairy mammoth balls, and a bit later I got cancer in one of them. The biggest one the doctor had ever seen.

Neppy called me a trigger whore and I almost ended up a whore.

Thanks for being my favourite drug, and #### you for ruining the other parts of my life.

I tried coming back but.. I forgot my password and apparently the imm staff is either profoundly incompetent or you made some weird ass password solution. Probably both. #### you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Is he saying he's dying?, Relio, 20-Jun-18 03:53 PM, #10
Reply Can someone grab his PBF?, Honestpaladin, 20-Jun-18 12:55 PM, #9
Reply RE: Goodbye, incognito, 20-Jun-18 02:16 AM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbye, Thaedan (Anonymous), 20-Jun-18 09:45 AM, #7
Reply Passwords..., KoeKhaos, 19-Jun-18 06:13 PM, #4
Reply You're the man! NT, Kstatida, 20-Jun-18 12:52 PM, #8
Reply RE: Passwords..., Eskelian, 02-Jul-18 01:23 PM, #11
     Reply CF passwords are capped at 8 characters..., Tac, 03-Jul-18 09:30 AM, #12
Reply RE: Goodbye, Umiron, 19-Jun-18 02:11 PM, #3
Reply Savage.... nt, Blkdrgn, 19-Jun-18 06:44 PM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbye, Marcus_, 19-Sep-18 12:47 PM, #13
     Reply Hi there!, Kstatida, 20-Sep-18 11:14 AM, #14
          Reply I dont make promises, Marcus_, 21-Sep-18 01:15 PM, #15
          Reply I dont make promises, Marcus_, 21-Sep-18 01:16 PM, #16
Reply RE: Goodbye, Jhyrbian, 19-Jun-18 01:23 PM, #2
Reply kthxbai, Athioles, 19-Jun-18 01:18 PM, #1

RelioWed 20-Jun-18 03:53 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71036, "Is he saying he's dying?"
In response to Reply #0

If so you guys are ####s.

HonestpaladinWed 20-Jun-18 12:55 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2017
44 posts
#71035, "Can someone grab his PBF?"
In response to Reply #0

Would like to read the IMM comments =P. #####NUTCANCER

incognitoWed 20-Jun-18 02:16 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71032, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

Wtf happened to you?

You've become really bitter for no obviously valid reason.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Wed 20-Jun-18 09:45 AM
Charter member
#71033, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #6

> You've become really bitter for no obviously valid reason.

Ball cancer might do it.

KoeKhaosTue 19-Jun-18 05:56 PM
400 posts
#71030, "Passwords..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 19-Jun-18 06:13 PM

Are typically not stored clear text but as a hash that only works if you put the original password through the hasher to check against so they would have no way of knowing what your password was. Looking at original source for ROM they cannot snoop or log passwords. The only person who could possibly give you a new password, then, is someone with direct access to pfiles which I believe is only Scarabaeus and possibly Umiron. That said, they'd have to go through the trouble of making a different character with the new password, grab its hash and copy it over your own characters password hash to reset it. That sounds like a total pain in the ass for them to do just because you forgot your password.

All of this is a moot point anyhow, though, since you have no way to prove identity in association with a character since they don't have accounts or emails associated with them. This means you could technically be anyone claiming to be a specific character in which case standard policy should dictate that admins not change passwords for unauthenticated users at any time.

If they had some sort of account system they could implement an email self password change or something but I know they've repeatedly said in the past they are not interested in making people have accounts. I also think that most players are also against it as they prefer anonymity so you gotta deal with the bad side of semi-anonymous characters that also have no account services.

P.S. Made into paragraphs so Ktsatidatrollishiousness will be pleased.

KstatidaWed 20-Jun-18 12:52 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71034, "You're the man! NT"
In response to Reply #4

NT

EskelianMon 02-Jul-18 01:21 PM
2023 posts
#71095, "RE: Passwords..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 02-Jul-18 01:23 PM

It's not that hard to break a password from a hash as long as you know the salt algorithm used in creating the hash and the password itself isn't terribly long. That being said I really wouldn't expect someone to go through the trouble to give me the password to my level 13 character...would legitimately take a lot less time and energy to just remake the character and reuse your role and desc.

No one is going to spend a few hours brute forcing your password to save you like 30 minutes of work.

TacTue 03-Jul-18 09:30 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#71110, "CF passwords are capped at 8 characters..."
In response to Reply #11

I know because mine is actually 9, but I fat finger the end sometimes and log in anyway.

The best password security of the 1980s serving you today!

If I wasn't quite so lazy I'd look up the salting algorithm in stock ROM and then look up how to break it since most of the ones that old are actually flawed.

UmironTue 19-Jun-18 02:11 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71028, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

"Hi, I just made comeback in cf but I used a new password for my new char, and now I cant remember what it was."

Having correctly entered my forum password, character password and SSH key passphrase all within the last five minutes as part of checking out the details of your situation... yeah, incompetent definitely describes how I feel right now.

I'm sorry you lost your level 13 character because you can't remember its password. Good luck with your ball cancer, trigger whore.

P.S. I miss him too.

BlkdrgnTue 19-Jun-18 06:44 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
#71031, "Savage.... nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

Marcus_Wed 19-Sep-18 12:47 PM
681 posts
#71491, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

I removed the ball cancer 8 years ago, and for the record, the cancerous nut was bigger than your ####.

Also anything a chase trigger does, entwine does better.

KstatidaThu 20-Sep-18 11:14 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71493, "Hi there!"
In response to Reply #13

Gunna roll?

Marcus_Fri 21-Sep-18 01:15 PM
681 posts
#71495, "I dont make promises"
In response to Reply #14

But if I can find the energy and a better internet connection, I would like to.

A distressed man walked into a medical center. "Would like some help with Kundalini", he asked.
"Do you wish to die?" Asked the nurse
"No."
"Off to psychiatry with you then", she replied coldly
"I think I need some santiation", said the man after eating sedative.
"Look, Peter is putting on his strangulation gloves." Came the reply just before he went to sleep. A dozy feeling put him to sleep and he fell through the mattress, and kept falling. And falling.

Marcus_Fri 21-Sep-18 01:16 PM
681 posts
#71496, "I dont make promises"
In response to Reply #14

But if I can find the energy and a better internet connection, I would like to.

A distressed man walked into a medical center. "Would like some help with Kundalini", he asked.
"Do you wish to die?" Asked the nurse
"No."
"Off to psychiatry with you then", she replied coldly
"I think I need some santiation", said the man after eating sedative.
"Look, Peter is putting on his strangulation gloves." Came the reply just before he went to sleep. A dozy feeling put him to sleep and he fell through the mattress, and kept falling. And falling.

JhyrbianTue 19-Jun-18 01:23 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71027, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

You forgot your password and they're incompetent? Ok!

AthiolesTue 19-Jun-18 01:18 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#71026, "kthxbai"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71025 Previous topic | Next topic