Subject: "Unique dwarven benefits (inspired by the thread below)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7099
Show all folders

MekantosSat 29-Jan-05 09:10 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7099, "Unique dwarven benefits (inspired by the thread below)"

I was thinking, since the CF reasoning for dwarves being afraid of water is because they are too dense, and thus non-buoyant (I hope this is accurate), I think it would be logical and fair to see the flip-side of that arrangement (the pros).

In light of that, how about making dwarves have a natural ability to shrug off blunt attacks more easily (let's say, equivalent to giant resist but just on blunt attacks). Also, effects from things like boneshatter, cranial, headbutt, spinebreaker, kotegaeshi and kansetsuwaza might be a bit less potent on such a sturdy, dense little frame. The spells "buoyancy" and "decalcify" should also be less effective. Really, there are tons of little variables to consider and I'm not going to name them all. I was just hoping to open up this train of thought.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlobqirtMon 31-Jan-05 09:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7140, "I like the idea....nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

MekantosMon 31-Jan-05 08:11 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7138, "*bump* -nt-"
In response to Reply #0

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7099 Previous topic | Next topic