Subject: "The Veil." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70334
Show all folders

WastedWed 28-Mar-18 07:12 PM
Member since 21st Jun 2015
111 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70334, "The Veil."

Can we do away with or revamp the Veil, please?

Let me start by saying I love the IDEA of the veil, but with recent cabal changes (nexus going defunct) and the downswing in playerbase, it has been severely skewed. It seemed to work out decently for the most part when Nexus was around to counterbalance the Village, but now it kind of just makes match-ups even more lopsided...

A bunch of villagers log on and now not only are you outnumbered, but your spells are noticeably weaker and their powers are noticeably stronger. All this does is make a lopsided fight even more so, which does not make the match-up any more fun for anyone.

I understand how the veil works and the said mage could potentially spend 45 minutes or so to run around and collect unique items that may or may not be maxed out to try to remedy this, but from a fun-stick perspective that's not so great-- especially since the villagers can get it there by just logging on.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this? I can't be alone here!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: The Veil., Saagkri, 28-Mar-18 09:26 PM, #2
Reply RE: The Veil., Homard, 29-Mar-18 04:39 AM, #3
Reply RE: The Veil., Saagkri, 29-Mar-18 06:56 AM, #4
     Reply Mechanics question, Kstatida, 29-Mar-18 08:42 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Mechanics question, Homard, 29-Mar-18 07:47 PM, #9
     Reply RE: The Veil., Homard, 29-Mar-18 07:44 PM, #8
Reply RE: The Veil., Wasted, 29-Mar-18 12:45 PM, #6
Reply Does Entropy logging on affect the Veil? (n/t), Murphy, 28-Mar-18 07:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Does Entropy logging on affect the Veil? (n/t), Wasted, 29-Mar-18 12:46 PM, #7

SaagkriWed 28-Mar-18 09:26 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70341, "RE: The Veil."
In response to Reply #0

I don't think logging on affects the veil. Having played some villagers, though, I'll give my 2 cents.

I like the idea of the veil, but possible room for improvement:

- AFAIK, once you give something to Tahren, that item is gone until next reboot. So, it doesn't take much time to go through the list of known items you can reasonably get. If it's been a day since last reboot, it's pretty slim pickings.

- Once you collect these rare items and give them to Tahren, the veil seems to revert very quickly back to normal. And items still gone until next reboot. I gave three items that shifted the veil to thick. I cast spellbane and it gave above avg. saves. By the time I cast it again, the veil was normal. Maybe something happened I missed, but it sort of lets the wind out of your sails.

- From a Entropy perspective, some of those rare magical items you want to use and not give to the courier.

- It does amplify any cabal imbalance at that time. But so does every aspect of CF except for the mercy EPs for dying.

Still like it. Also, I hear veil render/tender is good stuff.

HomardThu 29-Mar-18 04:39 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#70344, "RE: The Veil."
In response to Reply #2

I work the veil pretty much whatever I’m playing. A lot of veil shifting items are really easy to get for any hero, so my mages or battle always do and even my Druid Harbinger did once or twice to please Fjarn.

SaagkriThu 29-Mar-18 06:56 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#70345, "RE: The Veil."
In response to Reply #3

How long do the effects last in your experience? I'd say as Heaghul, the first 5-10 items weren't too hard if they were in, but since they don't seem to come back until reboot, it got more difficult.

KstatidaThu 29-Mar-18 08:42 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70347, "Mechanics question"
In response to Reply #4

Can I shift the veil with 1000 unlimited magical items?

HomardThu 29-Mar-18 07:47 PM
959 posts
#70361, "RE: Mechanics question"
In response to Reply #5

There was a post once upon a time where an IMM said that while dumping 1000 potions of flight will technically shift the veil it's so insignificant as to be pointless.

Only items of significant magical power can shift the veil so that you get the echoes.

HomardThu 29-Mar-18 07:44 PM
959 posts
#70360, "RE: The Veil."
In response to Reply #4

From what I can tell it is (or was) heavily dependent on how many Villagers were on vs. how many Nexus.

One thing that you can do is (as a mage, at least, Villagers shouldn't be walking around with a bunch of magic gear) is to collect a bunch of veil shifting stuff and then just plop one in every login.

WastedThu 29-Mar-18 12:45 PM
111 posts
#70354, "RE: The Veil."
In response to Reply #2

Villagers logging in (especially with higher kill counts) 100% affects the veil. I believe it was similar for Nexans, but seeing as they're no longer a variable to be taken into consideration, it's definitely skewed.

MurphyWed 28-Mar-18 07:44 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70336, "Does Entropy logging on affect the Veil? (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

NT

WastedThu 29-Mar-18 12:46 PM
111 posts
#70355, "RE: Does Entropy logging on affect the Veil? (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

I wonder that too, actually... Although, I guess there has to be Entropists logged on to really test this theory.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70334 Previous topic | Next topic