Subject: "Entropy Tower Confusion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69880
Show all folders

Current Rager (Anonymous)Tue 13-Feb-18 06:00 PM
Charter member
#69880, "Entropy Tower Confusion"

I know this has been requested a bit, but I'd love to echo / discuss the current state of how un-fun it is to deal with 50 hours of confusion.

I get that its meant to help a cabal with few members for defending. I'd even *maybe* be ok with 50 hours for when an entropist is actively defending (or whenever you'd qualify for the 1k raiding exp)

Getting 50 hrs when there's no defenders, or (especially) when they don't have the equation is just a drain.

As a rager you're pretty much RP-wise obligated to check it out, and thus you're basically consigned to 25 rl min of an extremely low fun level, which for many of us is becoming a good chunk of a login session.

Any sympathy/love/change is helpful. Thank you all!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KstatidaWed 14-Feb-18 07:41 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69883, "Let them do questy stuff, they still have it going"
In response to Reply #0

The message is obvious, don't raid if you hate confusion.

TJHuronTue 13-Feb-18 07:07 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69881, "RE: Entropy Tower Confusion"
In response to Reply #0

I think it’s lame too. Seems like the staff has a reason for this torture but I’ve never seen them share that publicly. This got me thinking though.

Just don’t raid Entropy.

I get the mentality of “we have to raid them because they’re our enemies” since I’ve been there with that mindset myself. But there’s actually solid village RP background to make the argument for not raiding. Especially when there are no entropists around or you know they won’t defend.

The Village is first and foremost about mage hunting and prolonged confusion is a distraction to that. Additonally, The Villagers are students of war and are encouraged to use their minds as much as their brawn. Being confused runs counter to that because it puts you in a poor mental state, unable to use your head and properly use strategy and tactics. Villagers are also proud by nature especially of their combat prowess and constantly being addle-brained and not able to hit a simple target is not something to be proud of. Lastly it leaves the village vulnerable to other enemies. It’s hard to defend confused and it puts the giant and destructor at risk to friendly fire.

I dunno. Maybe that’s the point. Maybe The imms are trying to discourage people from raiding entropy but everyone has been mostly too stubborn not to. Or, the staff wants raiding and if everyone stops raiding entropy they might rethink their funhouse.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69880 Previous topic | Next topic