Subject: "Auto-log and post feature." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69778
Show all folders

DallevianSat 20-Jan-18 07:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69778, "Auto-log and post feature."

Ok guys, here's an idea I haven't seen debated before.

What makes qhcf have such consistent daily active users? Log board.

What makes vets return to CF after time away, drawing them in like the call of the void? Log board.

What if CF built an auto-log and post to forum feature?

There could be a toggle, either at character creation or anytime after in the 'auto' settings, that allows a log and post of pk fights. Logs are only posted when both people have the config set to 'Y'.

It could either be point-of-view or similar to the arena display (I prefer pov). The log begins when one pc murders another, and if no one dies after 24 ticks then the log ends logging and is purged. If someone dies, then the log ends with that killing blow. I know, it gets weird with group fights, but we can hash that out later after we build the MVP.

I'd happily share my multitude of ridiculous deaths because it keeps the playerbase engaged.

And also, screw secrecy (boohoo Jalim, everyone knows your dwarf rager's legacy).

Someone has already figured out how to build with APIs, so, let's expand on that. Get a microserver in AWS ($6 a month) and start sending logs to the forum software. (Ha, that easy...)

Thoughts?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Not a fan.., SPN, 26-Jan-18 12:14 PM, #5
Reply I see your point..., Saagkri, 26-Jan-18 05:53 PM, #6
Reply It would be trivial to filter out, Sertius, 27-Jan-18 03:35 AM, #7
Reply Players can implement this with mud plugins, no need to..., -flso, 25-Jan-18 09:07 PM, #4
Reply Me likie nt, Saagkri, 21-Jan-18 05:34 PM, #3
Reply Fully supported!, Kstatida, 21-Jan-18 02:48 PM, #2
Reply I completely support this, for what its worth. I don't ..., TheShamanman, 20-Jan-18 08:30 PM, #1

SPNFri 26-Jan-18 12:14 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#69793, "Not a fan.."
In response to Reply #0

Unless it parsed out tells, group tells, says, whispers, cb, etc.

Giving opponents opportunities to hear tactics or completely unrelated IC conversations could be hugely detrimental to both the pker and other players. We all know that we cannot keep OOC info from entering and clouding IC interactions.

How would you feel if the next time you logged on you went from Imperial Council Member to Anathema because an auto log picked up a small snippet of a conversation to overthrow the Emporer?

SaagkriFri 26-Jan-18 05:52 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69794, "I see your point..."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Fri 26-Jan-18 05:53 PM

Note to self...next time a council member is fighting someone....

>tell council_member I like the idea. The Emperor will never see it coming. I will pass it along to the Shadow Lord for consideration.

SertiusSat 27-Jan-18 03:35 AM
Member since 17th Nov 2008
360 posts
#69797, "It would be trivial to filter out"
In response to Reply #5

All tells, says and cb. Just leave the action and it is perfect. Should look like arena.

-flsoThu 25-Jan-18 09:07 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2007
296 posts
#69792, "Players can implement this with mud plugins, no need to..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 25-Jan-18 09:07 PM

I had something similar going that was streaming my view through my mud client to a web server that was making it public via websockets and ppl could watch me play the game by visiting a website. I demoed it for some oldtimers @ dangeroom.

Your scheme isn't much harder than what I had going.

SaagkriSun 21-Jan-18 05:34 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#69782, "Me likie nt"
In response to Reply #0

KstatidaSun 21-Jan-18 02:48 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69781, "Fully supported!"
In response to Reply #0

Post logs of fights that appear on twitter if they're eligible. Would be sooo nice.

TheShamanmanSat 20-Jan-18 08:30 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2018
1 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69779, "I completely support this, for what its worth. I don't ..."
In response to Reply #0

fff

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69778 Previous topic | Next topic