Subject: "Neutral requesting" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #695
Show all folders

ParcimiusTue 08-Apr-03 11:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#695, "Neutral requesting"

When I played Rustanviel, I was somewhat limited in what I could go get because Rustanviel had no way to justify killing a wood-elf to go get gear. While this was not so much a problem for me, (As there are not too many wood-elfs who hold good gear) it is a much larger problem for gnomes who would want the bracelets of longevity. I would suggest a same-race request for neutral characters, as well as good characters that are in that race. My current character is a lightwalker, and would never kill anything just for an item, as it would be evil in his opinion to go killing someone just for their ring or whatever. I'm interested in thoughts an opinions that people might have on this.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I understand what you're getting at here., Little Timmy (Anonymous), 09-Apr-03 11:13 AM, #6
Reply RE: Neutral requesting, Calion, 09-Apr-03 08:16 AM, #4
Reply The command is actually called BARTER, Krivohan, 09-Apr-03 10:25 AM, #5
Reply an argument against, incognito, 09-Apr-03 04:19 AM, #3
Reply RE: an argument against, Xandrya, 10-Apr-03 12:39 PM, #8
Reply RE: Neutral requesting, Rade, 09-Apr-03 02:10 AM, #1
     Reply Dude, DwE, 09-Apr-03 02:39 AM, #2
     Reply Well IMHO, Xandrya, 10-Apr-03 12:36 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Neutral requesting, Doge, 11-Apr-03 05:03 PM, #9

Little Timmy (inactive user)Wed 09-Apr-03 11:13 AM
Charter member
#706, "I understand what you're getting at here."
In response to Reply #0

My current character, a felar, would never,
ever, ever, kill a felar mob for equipment.
This leaves him with the dilemma of it being
very difficult to get any felar gear, with
the exception of killing player felar for
an ideological reason, which he won't do
often anyway.

So I'm in a bit of a jam. I think the idea
of tweaking BARTER is a nice idea.

CalionWed 09-Apr-03 08:16 AM
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#702, "RE: Neutral requesting"
In response to Reply #0

I agree, but since neutrals wouldn't unselfishly just give stuff away, so how about in the name of intra-racial respect/love/whatever they would agree to sell their (race_only) stuff to their own kind? Maybe make it a new command TRADE, where the PC buyer would have to be at least of equal level of the mob and/or level of the item (for balance and to prevent buying certain items the mob would simply not part with for mere cash). Lag similar to that of request, while haggling goes on (might get a discount as per the skill). Spent cash would not stay on the mob.

KrivohanWed 09-Apr-03 10:25 AM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#703, "The command is actually called BARTER"
In response to Reply #4

They'd just need to tweak it a bit.

incognitoWed 09-Apr-03 04:19 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#700, "an argument against"
In response to Reply #0

I'm a neutral guy, wearing my bracelet of longevity.

Why am I going to give it away to another neutral guy who asks me for it? I'm not a saint!

XandryaThu 10-Apr-03 12:39 PM
35 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#726, "RE: an argument against"
In response to Reply #3

Because maybe there is something else you want even more than your shiny bracelet? So you tell neutral guy who wants your bracelet that if he gives you "such and such" you'll be happy to trade with him.

RadeWed 09-Apr-03 02:10 AM
157 posts
#697, "RE: Neutral requesting"
In response to Reply #0

Just because you made a limiting character choice doesn't mean the game should be changed to accomodate you.

/Nepenthe

DwEWed 09-Apr-03 02:39 AM
358 posts
#698, "Dude"
In response to Reply #1

>Just because you made a limiting character choice doesn't
>mean the game should be changed to accomodate you.
>
>/Nepenthe

It's just spooky how often that fits.

They should make a bot.

XandryaThu 10-Apr-03 12:36 PM
35 posts
#725, "Well IMHO"
In response to Reply #1

This means that A LOT of people have made a limiting character choice, because a lot of neutrals lean towards the light and have a great deal of respect for their own race, which means they would have no good reason to kill them. To make the roleplay fit means you have to forego good gear that your character would quite naturally use. To accomodate the many characters in this situation I think tweaking barter is a great suggestion!

It requires effort to obtain the item(s) that are needed for the barter...and means that the neutral guy you are getting that shiny from isn't just handing it over for free, he wants something in exchange and you have had to do something to get that item he wants. It makes sense to me.

DogeFri 11-Apr-03 05:03 PM
Member since 02nd Apr 2003
117 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#736, "RE: Neutral requesting"
In response to Reply #1

>Just because you made a limiting character choice doesn't
>mean the game should be changed to accomodate you.

RPing your race/ethos/alignment etc. should not have a negtive impact on your character's viabilty.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #695 Previous topic | Next topic