Subject: "Becoming Quest" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69042
Show all folders

NewbieNecro (Anonymous)Fri 29-Sep-17 09:36 PM
Charter member
#69042, "Becoming Quest"

First off, I'm not asking for specifics about the quest more so on whether or not I've screwed over my character in what I wanted them to become.

My main question is, can you undertake both the mummy and lich quest or if you choose one path you can't choose the other? I imagine from what I have been told, you can always choose to become a wight even if you attempt one of the other quest but wondered if this applied in the same regard that you could possibly get any quest or if one path voids out the other.

Thanks in Advance.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironSat 30-Sep-17 10:10 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69045, "RE: Becoming Quest"
In response to Reply #0

As far as I know none of the three are mutually exclusive.

That said, a Lich quest is a custom quest run by an immortal that involves a non-trivial amount of time be invested, so it's probably less likely you'll be taken seriously for that if you've already started and bailed on a Mummy quest. We don't like sloppy seconds.

And of course as has been said before, nobody should ever go into playing a necro with the expectation that they'll be obliged a Lich quest. That's why two other fully automated routes to undeaddom exist, one being a never-fail proposition.

NewbieNecro (Anonymous)Sat 30-Sep-17 10:34 AM
Charter member
#69046, "RE: Becoming Quest"
In response to Reply #1

Makes sense. I thought Lich might have been automated as well but now that that's cleared up it makes sense. I had my suspicion that Lich was immortal ran but again.. NewbieNecro and all lol. I'll just have to roll with it even though my intentions in my mind were clear on my goal, i'll just have to pivot and move on from it. With my luck, I'd probably even fail the never-fail quest, lol, though I wasn't intending on bailing, more so going on the learning route.

Thanks for the input!

jalbrinSat 30-Sep-17 01:25 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69048, "RE: Becoming Quest"
In response to Reply #2

If you're in a cabal, I don't think wight will work out for you...they don't do cabals. If not? Yeah, being undead gives a #### load of nice advantages.

Mummy is the gobetween...the one that can not be a lich and still be in a cabal.

What ever you decide, best of luck!

KstatidaSat 30-Sep-17 03:41 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69051, "Wight doesn't contradict Entropy"
In response to Reply #3

As far as I get the concept.

BemusedSat 30-Sep-17 02:27 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69050, "RE: Becoming Quest"
In response to Reply #2

Unless you are in bed with an Immortal, do not give lichedom a second thought.

As a new player you will find the path to mummy *extremely* difficult unless you have a good network, particularly with locate being removed for several classes recently (great change that one!).

As a wight you will be made chaotic or at least neutral and thus it will be a mutually exclusive path for Tribunal and Empire. Wight Scarab works though.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69042 Previous topic | Next topic