Subject: "Question about scrolls" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69035
Show all folders

SaagkriThu 28-Sep-17 04:59 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69035, "Question about scrolls"

Thieves can get the scroll skill.

Thieves can get Arcane Literacy(?) skill that says makes them recite scrolls at the level a mage can.

All mages get spellcraft.

Questions:
1) Does spellcraft increase the level of scrolls when recited?
2) Does Arcane Literacy allow a thief to recite scrolls with the level of a mage with or without spellcraft (assuming spellcraft increases scroll level)?
3) Does a thief without Arcane Literacy recite scrolls at a lower level than what the scroll is? Any idea how many?
4) Does anyone know what benefits you get if you have Arcane Literacy and a high % in pen and whatever the other skill is that's supposed to synergize with Arcane Literacy?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My research showed that spell level is unchanged., Murphy, 29-Sep-17 07:19 AM, #1
     Reply When I got it as a quest skill before arcane path went ..., Lhydia, 29-Sep-17 01:21 PM, #2
     Reply Don't believe everything you hear., Murphy, 29-Sep-17 06:40 PM, #3
          Reply Boo. n/t, Lhydia, 29-Sep-17 07:50 PM, #5
     Reply This is correct. (nt), Umiron, 29-Sep-17 06:55 PM, #4
     Reply RE: My research showed that spell level is unchanged., Saagkri, 29-Sep-17 11:46 PM, #6
          Reply Above 90%., Murphy, 03-Oct-17 01:19 AM, #7

MurphyFri 29-Sep-17 07:19 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69037, "My research showed that spell level is unchanged."
In response to Reply #0

The arcane lore skill only reduces your chance of failing to recite the scroll. It never gets failproof, but the success rate is much better for mages and arcane thieves, and high int characters.

Spellcraft is irrelevant.

LhydiaFri 29-Sep-17 01:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69038, "When I got it as a quest skill before arcane path went ..."
In response to Reply #1

..they said it was less chance to fail and worked like spellcraft in that the spells were cast at a higher level.

MurphyFri 29-Sep-17 06:40 PM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69039, "Don't believe everything you hear."
In response to Reply #2

Arcane lore does not increase scroll spell level. I don't know if it might've been intended to, but it doesn't -- any thief I played would attest to that.

LhydiaFri 29-Sep-17 07:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
#69041, "Boo. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

Gr

UmironFri 29-Sep-17 06:55 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69040, "This is correct. (nt)"
In response to Reply #1

nt

SaagkriFri 29-Sep-17 11:46 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#69043, "RE: My research showed that spell level is unchanged."
In response to Reply #1

What's a ballpark fail rate for a thief without Arcane Lore with scrolls at 100%?

MurphyTue 03-Oct-17 01:19 AM
1639 posts
#69065, "Above 90%."
In response to Reply #6

I used to have precise statistical data from grepping through half a gigabyte of Einrai and Kazzru logs, but I don't remember it now. I'll see if I can look it up later.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69035 Previous topic | Next topic