Subject: "Commerce and Barter." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69015
Show all folders

HonestpaladinTue 26-Sep-17 02:57 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2017
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69015, "Commerce and Barter."

1. Is there a timer for these? players have said that a 10-15 min timer is in place.

2. If there is a timer do both commerce and barter share said timer?

2. Can I only sell or barter one thing or five things before the timer starts(if there is one)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

QuixoticTue 26-Sep-17 09:40 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69016, "There is a timer between how quickly you can receive co..."
In response to Reply #0

I believe you still get credit for the sales, but the timer is there to dissuade you from running to the guildmaster after earning 20 silver.

SaagkriTue 26-Sep-17 10:04 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69017, "RE: There is a timer between how quickly you can receiv..."
In response to Reply #1

"... the timer is there to dissuade you from running to the guildmaster after earning 20 silver."

That's not a reason to do something. What's the downside of someone going back to the guildmaster after earning 20 silver? Does it impact anyone in the game? Does it bother someone if I want do that with my time?

KstatidaWed 27-Sep-17 03:14 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69018, "RE: There is a timer between how quickly you can receiv..."
In response to Reply #2

I believe this was done in order to discourage obs/exp details writing down for further minmaxing.

Pretty pointless nowadays with edge points gone.

Edger (Anonymous)Wed 27-Sep-17 06:24 AM
Charter member
#69020, "Not really. "
In response to Reply #3

People who remember what edges do who liked them a lot and have specific edges in mind for their characters will still spend hours and hours and hours trying to go after even just a few edge points you would get from 1000 commerce. There is literally a shifter right now who's been hero for 2-3 weeks trying to scrape enough EP to be able to roll her first form after she kept her second and heroed.

At one point they said if you hero you should have enough EP to roll/spin as long as shapeshift spell is up, but that isn't the case anymore. Separate issue, but if I'm that char and I have a role already I'm going to farm commerce.

KstatidaWed 27-Sep-17 06:40 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69021, "How do you contradict me? NT"
In response to Reply #4

NT

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69015 Previous topic | Next topic