Subject: "Kudos to Rahsael." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68868
Show all folders

DallevianSun 10-Sep-17 08:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68868, "Kudos to Rahsael."

So, I've been gone from CF for a while. New job, moved states, seems like a new life. But before I left and in my last couple of weeks I tried to make a short come back and play around with the down time at work. So I rolled a druid and gunned for Rahsael without any knowledge.

Rahsael. Was. Fabulous. I was super impressed with how he met my character where he was and guided along all with impeccable roleplay. Reminded me of old Eshval encounters.

And I purposefully came as a newbie, wanting to let the character's mistakes and natural dialogue lead the way. Rahsael accommodated and spent an hour nurturing in a dark way the character to the realization that loss frees a man. It was really great.

Anyway, I felt the above needed to be said. I check in every few weeks and saw some really dumb comments and negativity to an Imm who by and large has overdelivered and been a huge boon to the mud.

Cheers to you and the others. I hope you all have fun and make fun for others.

Dal/Forsaken

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well said nt, Asthiss, 12-Sep-17 04:48 AM, #7
Reply Thanks!, Rahsael, 12-Sep-17 03:10 AM, #6
Reply oka: leave britney alone nt, Dallevian, 10-Sep-17 10:37 PM, #2
Reply I'll second this and say..., Ujudludul, 10-Sep-17 09:13 PM, #1
     Reply Sometimes I worry about you guys..., k-b, 11-Sep-17 09:03 AM, #3
          Reply Agreed. At the same time..., Saagkri, 11-Sep-17 12:54 PM, #4
          Reply Right. But still..., Ujudludul, 11-Sep-17 02:41 PM, #5
          Reply two things, sleepy, 12-Sep-17 06:29 PM, #8
               Reply Could that be the followers' "fault" more than the reli..., Ujudludul, 12-Sep-17 10:46 PM, #9
                    Reply two facets, sleepy, 13-Sep-17 03:46 PM, #10

AsthissTue 12-Sep-17 04:48 AM
Member since 26th Oct 2004
191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68881, "Well said nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

RahsaelTue 12-Sep-17 03:09 AM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#68880, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 12-Sep-17 03:10 AM

Thank you and others in this thread for your kind words. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed it. I'm sure all of the IMMs who put a lot of work into this community enjoy hearing that every once in a while. It keeps things fun for us and makes it all feel worthwhile.

See you in the fields!

DallevianSun 10-Sep-17 10:37 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#68870, "oka: leave britney alone nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

UjudludulSun 10-Sep-17 09:13 PM
Member since 12th Apr 2016
45 posts
#68869, "I'll second this and say..."
In response to Reply #0

...that I post once every...never, but I've been playing for a while.

That being said, really it's hard for me to understand how anyone would put some of their free time into something that brings so much ####ty feedback and behavior.

I'm actually rolling a Rashael follower right now and I haven't played in years.

Everyone, please have fun.

k-bMon 11-Sep-17 09:03 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#68871, "Sometimes I worry about you guys..."
In response to Reply #1

The people who were talking trash about Rahshael were/are serial whiners. We all know these people exist, right? The people who are simply never going to be satisfied. The kind of player who gets owned by something (STSF, bat-spec paladin, low-level transmuter/Necro) and calls it OP immediatly...

These people will always exist, because there is always a very loud MINORITY of our game who wants the game to be easy-mode. Because they aren't good enough to hack it, they cling to conspiracy and non-sense to make sense of why they suck, or simply can't handle/do something.

So, I am glad that you and another have taken the time to say thank you to Rahshael, because he deserves it, and has made WONDERFUL contributions to this game.

But part of the responsibility is on us to RECOGNIZE that these whiners are a very loud MINORITY and the vast MAJORITY of the game is just enjoying themselves and not talking at all. I honestly think that's what drove Ignolmeer away. Letting the peanut gallery get to him. It sucks because he was awesome...

SaagkriMon 11-Sep-17 12:53 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#68872, "Agreed. At the same time..."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Mon 11-Sep-17 12:54 PM

The only way to counter a vocal minority is to speak up when they are wrong, lest their voices be the only ones heard.

When someone says immortal X sucks and no one speaks up, the perception will remain and can cast doubt in that IMMs mind. Silence is consent.

UjudludulMon 11-Sep-17 02:41 PM
45 posts
#68876, "Right. But still..."
In response to Reply #3

I'm not really sure it's still just a very loud minority at this point.

If it's not, might as well show some support instead of saying nothing. If it hurts to show some support once every 10 years, sorry!

Obviously my comment applies for the whole staff, not just Rahsael.

sleepyTue 12-Sep-17 06:29 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#68884, "two things"
In response to Reply #3

1. I very much like Rahsael, his religion (from what I've seen), RP, etc. My only gripe has really been that for people who are playing opposite of Rahsael players, it becomes very tiresome to RP with them. This is not a knock on the religion itself, but more that it is very one-dimensional to RP with someone who's his follower. To go into details and examples sounds like it will just only add to the headache I already have, so I'll leave it at that. If someone disagrees with me and wants a more detailed response, I'll provide one. But in essence, I felt that once I met one Rahsael follower, I met them all. That last part is what became pretty wearisome for me.

2. To echo elsewhere in the thread, Rahsael as a person is a great addition to the team. I think one very good example of how you know he is good in a leadership position is how he always re-directs the praise towards the IMM staff as a whole than just himself. Classic leadershipping 101.

UjudludulTue 12-Sep-17 10:46 PM
45 posts
#68885, "Could that be the followers' "fault" more than the reli..."
In response to Reply #8

Honest question.

I have a feeling one could say that about any religion.

sleepyWed 13-Sep-17 03:46 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#68886, "two facets"
In response to Reply #9

Because some religions can be more introspective than others. I think that Loss can come in many ways and shape a character, and that's important when it comes to his religion. I think this is confirmed by the secrecy of the religion and why many things are hidden from non-followers.

There are also many ways you can bring loss or reveal it to non-followers. I think it's quite possible that Rahsael's religion can bring about Loss in many ways. The issue is that players choose the easiest way to "preach it." Blah blah let your loss make you stronger blah blah blah. That's the easiest way to go from point A to B, so many people take it.

If there's any fault to the religion, I'd say that it's one where there is a dominant theme that drowns out everything else. For instance, let's use Twist's religion since it's the first that comes to mind and I had followers in the past. You can go the pure magic sphere, but you could also go honesty sphere and follow Twist with a completely different concept.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68868 Previous topic | Next topic