Subject: "I don't like to post here, but this time you guys have ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68744
Show all folders

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Sat 19-Aug-17 02:47 AM
Charter member
#68744, "I don't like to post here, but this time you guys have reached the new level"

I had the feeling that you'll code it that way, but I had the hope, that you know something about THE LOGIC. And what you've coded IS NOT LOGICAL, NOT LOGICAL AT ALL. Not that I need that thing, but I'm just in a shock of your way of thinking.

I suggest you to think again on that problem and I'm sure, you'll reject it then recode it after I'll be gone. But again, think on that change ONCE AGAIN.

I'm ####ing speechless.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I imagine..., AnIdea (Anonymous), 21-Aug-17 08:21 AM, #4
Reply Maybe, but..., Seriphax, 21-Aug-17 09:01 AM, #5
     Reply Bingo, Rahsael, 21-Aug-17 04:45 PM, #6
          Reply Good solution n/t, Saagkri, 21-Aug-17 04:58 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Bingo, Thaedan (Anonymous), 21-Aug-17 06:24 PM, #8
          Reply Viable workaround n/t, Saagkri, 21-Aug-17 07:56 PM, #9
          Reply If there is a good candidate.., Lhydia, 22-Aug-17 06:28 AM, #20
          Reply You've missed my point, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 22-Aug-17 12:42 AM, #10
          Reply RE: You've missed my point, Jhyrbian, 22-Aug-17 12:56 AM, #11
          Reply You were summoned, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 22-Aug-17 01:31 AM, #12
               Reply RE: You were summoned, Jhyrbian, 22-Aug-17 11:02 AM, #25
          Reply RE: You've missed my point, Saagkri, 22-Aug-17 01:37 AM, #13
          Reply Lol, Kstatida, 22-Aug-17 03:52 AM, #14
               Reply Did you just say a dagger spec doesn't benefit from hea..., Lhydia, 22-Aug-17 05:50 AM, #15
                    Reply It's hardly a gamechanger, Kstatida, 22-Aug-17 05:55 AM, #16
                    Reply Have you ever had it? n/t, Lhydia, 22-Aug-17 06:26 AM, #19
                         Reply Have you paid your synagogue dues yet?, Kstatida, 22-Aug-17 09:54 AM, #23
                         Reply like I said before.., Lhydia, 22-Aug-17 09:58 AM, #24
                         Reply :) That was cold. n/t , ice king, 22-Aug-17 09:29 PM, #26
                              Reply Kstatida forgets he's a newb sometimes. , Lhydia, 23-Aug-17 06:06 AM, #27
                                   Reply Twice, baby, Kstatida, 23-Aug-17 07:07 AM, #28
                                        Reply Ugh. I told you no pet names on officials. n/t, Lhydia, 23-Aug-17 12:40 PM, #29
                                             Reply Twice, twice, baby, Kstatida, 24-Aug-17 02:12 AM, #30
                    Reply That power was changed as well, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 22-Aug-17 06:03 AM, #17
                         Reply So it doesn't block all forms of healing anymore? n/t, Lhydia, 22-Aug-17 06:26 AM, #18
                              Reply Ill not go into details, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 22-Aug-17 06:30 AM, #21
                                   Reply So you're full of it. Gotcha. n/t, Lhydia, 22-Aug-17 06:33 AM, #22
Reply Bugboard or something?, Kstatida, 21-Aug-17 02:28 AM, #3
Reply Go cry somewhere else, glitch. Also..., ice king, 19-Aug-17 07:41 PM, #2
Reply Vaguebook is vague, and mulligrubant. NT., Seriphax, 19-Aug-17 11:12 AM, #1

AnIdea (Anonymous)Mon 21-Aug-17 08:21 AM
Charter member
#68750, "I imagine..."
In response to Reply #0

He's talking about how the emperor doesn't get the head sect powers unless someone is in that spot of power. He is a warrior and possibly lost tactics because no war master and he's complaining about the code change being that way due to the fact that he was originally a blade though I could be off basis.

SeriphaxMon 21-Aug-17 09:01 AM
Member since 26th Feb 2017
145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68752, "Maybe, but..."
In response to Reply #4

...that has been the case for awhile, according to the MOTD. It seemed to be a code change to avoid the Emperor from keeping a death grip on the leader position by keeping the sect leader spots vacant and still having all the PK viability that comes with those powers. I saw it as a smart move to deter abusing the hands off system of voting in a leader. The Emperor should always have to rule responsibly to keep his position, not just keep the council vacant to avoid being ousted.

RahsaelMon 21-Aug-17 04:45 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68754, "Bingo"
In response to Reply #5

I do understand that it's difficult for people adversely affected by a change to see the bigger picture. So I'll try to explain.

We want the Emperor to be powerful and rewarded, but constantly having to watch his or her back for people envious of those powers and rewards. This is the entire foundation of the cabal -- the higher you climb, the bigger the target on your back.

Coup votes can only be called when there is a full Council. So the Emperor's extremely strong and versatile cabal powers stop making sense if there is zero possibility of a coup ever happening. In other words, it kind of breaks the cabal, since just about everyone is supposed to be striving to become a Sect Leader and ultimately Emperor.

Mechanically, if an Emperor can always access his or her own Sect's leader powers, an Emperor could avoid any negative consequences for having a Council opening and enjoy the benefit of never having to worry about a coup.

The only alternative we saw was to become more hands-on. Maybe we'd impose hard deadlines for filling vacant seats, or else we could demote or Anathematize an Emperor who leaves the Council unfilled for a certain period of time to force a new vote. (I doubt this would be fair if the cabal just doesn't have the numbers, and I'm sure it would not go over well with Emperor players.)

But we like the idea of Empire being primarily player-run and letting the politics take care of themselves. This is the best solution that someone else came up with, and I think it was extremely clever.

I hope that helps clear things up.

SaagkriMon 21-Aug-17 04:58 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#68755, "Good solution n/t"
In response to Reply #6

nt

Thaedan (Anonymous)Mon 21-Aug-17 06:24 PM
Charter member
#68756, "RE: Bingo"
In response to Reply #6

If I'm a warrior or bard Emperor then I fill all the spots except High Priest since those powers are least useful to me. Just sayin'.

SaagkriMon 21-Aug-17 07:56 PM
801 posts
#68757, "Viable workaround n/t"
In response to Reply #8

nt

LhydiaTue 22-Aug-17 06:28 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2377 posts
#68770, "If there is a good candidate.."
In response to Reply #8

IMMs don't usually hesitate to promote them if Emperor is clearly neglecting the duty. That's how it should be. Usually they discuss with Emperor first if Emperor is active.

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Tue 22-Aug-17 12:42 AM
Charter member
#68758, "You've missed my point"
In response to Reply #6

And please, don't try to fool people like its the Emperor and only him runs the politic.

1) After you stripped me from powers, imms still promote to sect leaders peoples on the regular basis, so you are basicaly lying here. You do everything to fill the concuil and start the vote. I just want to be clear about that subject.

2) You've almost anathemed me with OOC reason

aka

Step one - deny all concuil on ooc reason.

Step two - two imms come to emperor and say that it was his mistake for not having the concuil and its time to remove the emperor. Nice trick. Very well done.

3) I don't complain about not having powers, I was fine about it for 3-4 months. But I do complain about your logic, when the warrior emperor doesn't have the access to his own sect power. With the small playerbase it makes zero sense.

You can go more far and do this: If there is no Sect leader - nobody can use that sect powers.

JhyrbianTue 22-Aug-17 12:56 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68759, "RE: You've missed my point"
In response to Reply #10

Which council was denied for ooc reasons? We weren't. We also wanted to vote you out to get sigil for hell trips since you never showed up for them. If you ever had a full council we would have definitely tried.

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Tue 22-Aug-17 01:31 AM
Charter member
#68760, "You were summoned"
In response to Reply #11

Or some of your concuil into rotd and was told to not go with your group into the hell. And all of you 4-5 imerial heroes deleted over that. Looks like a bit ooc to punish the emperor, who wasnt in that.

JhyrbianTue 22-Aug-17 11:02 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68778, "RE: You were summoned"
In response to Reply #12

Nope, Kotu's other char got pulled into ROTD, I never did... soo.. nope, we weren't even talked to by the imms about our Imperials.

SaagkriTue 22-Aug-17 01:35 AM
801 posts
#68761, "RE: You've missed my point"
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Tue 22-Aug-17 01:37 AM

The point of taking away the sect power is to encourage you to appoint sect leaders. So, yes, it has to suck for you when there is no sect leader even if it's your own sect. Otherwise it would not encourage you to appoint a War Master.

I understand how you feel. I hate when rules are changed in the middle of the game (in this case, your reign), but I do see the rationale for it.

KstatidaTue 22-Aug-17 03:52 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68762, "Lol"
In response to Reply #6

For that to work you'll have to make HP power viable. As it is now, emperor doesn't lose anything with no healing curse.

I'd suggest democracy though, because it's always the best choice. Make War Master an electable position. Sect members vote for sect leaders, sect leaders vote for Emperor.

P.S. That being said though, it's easy to see that Empire is most awesome because it employs real politics. The man who's best at politics stays at the top. You don't need for everyone to like you, you don't even need for anyone to like you, you just need to do what needs to be done to stay at the top. And that's a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

LhydiaTue 22-Aug-17 05:50 AM
2377 posts
#68763, "Did you just say a dagger spec doesn't benefit from hea..."
In response to Reply #14

gr

KstatidaTue 22-Aug-17 05:55 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68764, "It's hardly a gamechanger"
In response to Reply #15

Other powers are.

LhydiaTue 22-Aug-17 06:26 AM
2377 posts
#68769, "Have you ever had it? n/t"
In response to Reply #16

gr

KstatidaTue 22-Aug-17 09:54 AM
2214 posts
#68775, "Have you paid your synagogue dues yet?"
In response to Reply #19

Rhyaldrin's not gonna wait forever.

LhydiaTue 22-Aug-17 09:58 AM
2377 posts
#68776, "like I said before.."
In response to Reply #23

After I get my hat

ice kingTue 22-Aug-17 09:29 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
#68779, ":) That was cold. n/t "
In response to Reply #19

gr indeed

LhydiaWed 23-Aug-17 06:06 AM
2377 posts
#68780, "Kstatida forgets he's a newb sometimes. "
In response to Reply #26

Because he typed bash and used triggers well once.

=P

KstatidaWed 23-Aug-17 07:07 AM
2214 posts
#68781, "Twice, baby"
In response to Reply #27

Twice. And it was lash.

LhydiaWed 23-Aug-17 12:40 PM
2377 posts
#68782, "Ugh. I told you no pet names on officials. n/t"
In response to Reply #28

Gr

KstatidaThu 24-Aug-17 02:12 AM
2214 posts
#68791, "Twice, twice, baby"
In response to Reply #29

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Tue 22-Aug-17 06:03 AM
Charter member
#68767, "That power was changed as well"
In response to Reply #15

Now its almost useless skill.

LhydiaTue 22-Aug-17 06:26 AM
2377 posts
#68768, "So it doesn't block all forms of healing anymore? n/t"
In response to Reply #17

gr

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Tue 22-Aug-17 06:30 AM
Charter member
#68771, "Ill not go into details"
In response to Reply #18

But there is no any reason to use it now in 99% of situations because of the rework. Before that, it was actually good power.

LhydiaTue 22-Aug-17 06:33 AM
2377 posts
#68773, "So you're full of it. Gotcha. n/t"
In response to Reply #21

gr

KstatidaMon 21-Aug-17 02:28 AM
2214 posts
#68749, "Bugboard or something?"
In response to Reply #0

I guess they took your pies *fistshake*

ice kingSat 19-Aug-17 07:41 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
#68747, "Go cry somewhere else, glitch. Also..."
In response to Reply #0

...when you're in a bitchy mood cuz of the imms, or whatever, your RP slips even more** than usual. Not that you care, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to point out.

**Yes, even more than usual. I know you might think this isn't possible, but it is.

SeriphaxSat 19-Aug-17 11:12 AM
Member since 26th Feb 2017
145 posts
#68746, "Vaguebook is vague, and mulligrubant. NT."
In response to Reply #0

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68744 Previous topic | Next topic